Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

Gooood morning everyone :ciao:

Just set up my pc again and bene reading some here again. I'd like to ask if anyone has a slow juicer in stead of a blender. I have been told a blender smashes the good vitamins and so and a slow juicer would keep them better in the extraction.
If a blender is all you got maybe try put it on the lowest point?

Just some food for the brains:battingeyelashes:

ween, this was very helpful. Do you have an IP? Would you be able to get me a picture of the front of your pressure cooker? I have the smaller unit - it’s just me - and it’s set up differently. It’d be helpful if I could explain how to make one of the other units work.

I had the chance to document it at beez’s, and didn’t think of it.
I think @weenmeoff was an invaluable resource here. Hug ween!

:hug::love::hug:

Aww, thanks Sue!:hug: I am happy to help when I can. This place has been so great to me!

Here is a pic of my IP. It's a 6 in 1. Pretty Ireland,I do see 10 buttons but pretty sure the box said 6 in 1. The Boss was decarbing in the IP then infusing in the MB2 and I said why don't you just leave it in the IP, one less thing to clean. :yahoo:

If you want to check to see how complete your d
Gooood morning everyone :ciao:

Just set up my pc again and bene reading some here again. I'd like to ask if anyone has a slow juicer in stead of a blender. I have been told a blender smashes the good vitamins and so and a slow juicer would keep them better in the extraction.
If a blender is all you got maybe try put it on the lowest point?

Just some food for the brains:battingeyelashes:

Morning Natural Spirit. :hug:

The concern I’ve read was that the action of the blender would create decarb in a formula you might not want decarbed. This is a new thought to me. I don’t see how the blender could smash apart vitamin molecules to the extent that they’d be unrecognizable to the body systems.

Aww, thanks Sue!:hug: I am happy to help when I can. This place has been so great to me!

Here is a pic of my IP. It's a 6 in 1. Pretty Ireland,I do see 10 buttons but pretty sure the box said 6 in 1. The Boss was decarbing in the IP then infusing in the MB2 and I said why don't you just leave it in the IP, one less thing to clean. :yahoo:

That’s the unit beez has. The manual button is the high pressure setting on that pot. Set it for 110 minutes for regular decarb and infusion, kick off the “Keep Warm” button, and you’re set to go.

I like your idea of running it on high an hour and then checking on it. I haven’t made FHO in more than a year myself.

If you want to check to see how complete your d

Morning Natural Spirit. :hug:

The concern I’ve read was that the action of the blender would create decarb in a formula you might not want decarbed. This is a new thought to me. I don’t see how the blender could smash apart vitamin molecules to the extent that they’d be unrecognizable to the body systems.

That is the interesting part indeed. It was not a study or a conclusion but something i have been told. Indeed on moleculair level it might become Tiny vitamins Maybe but it still is vitamine? lol.

That is the interesting part indeed. It was not a study or a conclusion but something i have been told. Indeed on moleculair level it might become Tiny vitamins Maybe but it still is vitamine? lol.

It takes enzymes your body produces to cleave those molecules apart NS. I wouldn’t be too worried about the destructive tendencies of the blender.

Hey all,
I had a pretty severe energy crash thursday (trimming that plant was not good for me at all lol) but I attempted another FHO anyway.
..the tutorial might end up being a "what not to do" haha
The one on the left was the first one I did.
The right one is the latest one:
- I decarbed on high for an hour with the air valve open
- I added oil and put on slow cook for another hour (with valve open - prob should have kept closed)
- I then wanted to check that the water had evaporated and quick released (shouldn't have done that either)
- then let cool and jarred

Trial and error I suppose...in hindsight it might have been better to have tried this with a head that could function.

Thanks Ween, Sue and all that have helped me with this - I recognise it can be annoying when your saying something clearly and someone isn't comprehending :thanks:

Hey Ween,
Yeah I tried the first batch two nights ago - the Mango Haze CBD (CBD Mango Haze - Strain Information - Cannabis.info)
I had 1ml from the 400ml that was produced (prob should have boiled off more water as I only put 300ml of oil in).
I estimated 100g equiv of dry to be 100g * 6%(thc) = 6000mg / 400ml = 15mg of THC.
And at 8% CBD would be equal to 20mg.

(Also noting I hadn't had a single bit of THC since mid 2017)

I consumed it around 6pm and it took a while to begin feeling it. Keep in mind also I was really not in a good way and this was taken for therapeautical reasons.

It crept on and I began feeling it a little then a bit more then next thing I had woken up at 3am with the tv still on and fallen asleep. I had the worst cotton mouth I have experienced in my life lol. And I was still under its effects quite greatly when waking, so much to the point I was feeling a bit nauseus while being upright.

I actually tried the candida strain and have that low a tolerance that I felt stoned from the 1% thc so I perhaps should have started a bit lower than 1ml :D

That would be the right solution. :laughtwo:

Hey... it’s all a learning process for us, and it’s hard to lose a batch. One way or another it can be used. :battingeyelashes: I think you did pretty good, fuzzy head or not.

It beats the hell out of doing it over hot oil for hours. Lol! Keep tinkering with it and you’ll find your own rhythm.

I’d try half that dose and see how it works, then adjust accordingly. That’s a sensitive ECS you have there. I’d say you’re off to a good start.

And drink more water. Someday I’m gonna design a t-shirt that says

Cannabinoid therapies
need lots of
H2O

Drink more water
and wear it everywhere I travel. :laughtwo: It might spark a conversation or two.

Thanks Sue :hug:
Its definitely a testament to this method and how foolproof it is - i'm quite impressed with the resulting oil too...in olive oil it is a beautiful smell I think :)
Yehh I'm looking forward to future harvests with more organisation and understanding under my belt.
For instance, I'm going to chop, wash and straight into the pressure cooker (or maybe 3 in a row ha).
Then the excess will be drip dried for 4 hours and bagged straight into a fridge set to 60% rh.

At least this time I was able to do a semi Fresh Harvest Oil and a semi Low and Slow Dry lol...and do it without spoiling the crop. Really they are both pretty safe methods.

Yeahha my ECS is super sensitive, back when I first started smoking (14 years ago) it was the opposite but then the more I took breaks from smoking the more sensitive it became.

Yehha I typically drink a decent amount of water but not in this case obviously...a shirt could do the trick, even if its to remind the wearer themselves to drink more water haha :laugh:

@SweetSue i love your threads
just saying
found the low and slow a few weeks back, in anticipation of my coming virgin harvest.. went straight and brought a fridge that day ha

then a few times around i had seen the fhic oil topic mentioned, this morning started to read.. wanted to make some oil for my wife and mother to help with their chronic back pains.. so extractions has been something ive needed to look at, assuming this methods produce will be good for that?

well this right here, sounds so simple, that even i can manage hah and im no cook eughhh hate the kitchen lol
well after a little while reading decided to order a pressure cooker lol
37881202-B0DF-4C26-883C-55EB3744EC63.jpeg

still reading, trying to wrap my head around temps times volumes and decarbing lol eugh probaby reading over multiple times then..

i think if by the time i chop, i havent got my head round it il be here asking for help though!

Pressure cooker update

PsyCro has adapted this method to use a pressure cooker. It streamlines the process tremendously and apparently presents a more powerful oil than before, which is pretty darned potent, let me tell you.

He starts his discussion of this improvement on the technique on page 11 of his thread and that discussion continues for a page or two. Olive oil extract update

Both of these methods, with or without a pressure cooker, will give you an oil that's much more powerful than you're expecting, even with all of my passion and enthusiasm. Dose thoughtfully.

Let the discussion begin.

:Namaste:
so i have scanned this thread at least twice now, and wondered if this is still the preffered method? or if there is another post with an updated step by stepi can follow, i also read a couple of times that adding the water makes it taste horrible? is this a step that has been since dropped?
thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom