Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

you do realize that without you I’m next to nothing?
That's an incredibly sweet thing to say but not even close to being true. I'm just an additional point of input into your journey seeking what's possible.
:hug:

By the way, I'm going back to making my dad cookies today, but this time 3mg/cookie straight THC to see how that goes. The great thing about having Candida on hand is I can do any ratio blending I need to if it turns out that some CBD will be helpful as well.

That's an incredibly sweet thing to say but not even close to being true. I'm just an additional point of input into your journey seeking what's possible.
:hug:

By the way, I'm going back to making my dad cookies today, but this time 3mg/cookie straight THC to see how that goes. The great thing about having Candida on hand is I can do any ratio blending I need to if it turns out that some CBD will be helpful as well.

You don’t know how happy it makes me to hear this. :hug: I have a friend who may benefit from just such a therapy. I’ll be seeing his children sometime today or tomorrow and I’ll strike up a conversation. His wife’s funeral is tomorrow, and we have no idea how he’s going to respond to her abrupt departure from his life.

When I’m able to grow again Candida will be my first seed in the perlite.

When I’m able to grow again Candida will be my first seed in the perlite.

I heard about candida years ago and lots since. I just met a guy on another forum who wants to trade original candida in one of his trades for some of my CBD strains etc. Going to grab up some of those now for sure.

I also just today got 500g of anhydrous sodium thiosulfate to make STS with and sending him a couple batches worth with silver nitrate so he can try making fem seeds too. I made the silver nitrate myself and can make lots more cheap. One 8g Canadian .9999 silver coin for $20 makes 12g of silver nitrate. Takes 20ml of conc. nitric acid and I have about 500ml of that left yet.

Recently got the illusive LM334Z current regulator I need to make the circuit to regulate my colloidal silver production. Seems to work once set up on a breadboard so now to solder it all up on a PCB and make better CS. Hoping it's better as what I've been making for the last 6 years seems to work fine. lol

That search into electronics has lead me into Raspberry Pi and Arduino micro computers and all the possibilities they open up. OMG, can I afford another addiction!? lol

Already have the Pi online to surf the web and working on the Arduino to make a water alarm to sound a klaxon and send a text to my phone in case of water in the basement. Had floods there before and my plants don't much like that. Neither do I.

:peace:

Can you dry them in a fridge? Low and slo buds take about two weeks, but a lot of the terps are preserved.

Can you dry them in a fridge? Low and slo buds take about two weeks, but a lot of the terps are preserved.
This is the second thing I wanted to try :) Are you saying I should low and slow dry and then make the oil with the dried buds, half the weight then as guideline? That could work too, thank you. On another note, an especially big thank you to you SweetSue. I read so many of your articles and it is so beautiful what you've created. Very thankful <3 Big hug to you

This is the second thing I wanted to try :) Are you saying I should low and slow dry and then make the oil with the dried buds, half the weight then as guideline? That could work too, thank you. On another note, an especially big thank you to you SweetSue. I read so many of your articles and it is so beautiful what you've created. Very thankful <3 Big hug to you

Awww... thanks steff. :hug: I love what we do. :circle-of-love:

Low and slo buds create infused oils very close to fresh harvest. I stopped making it on the day of harvest when we refined the cold drying technique, unless it’s for a cancer patient. Cancer treatments using cannabis go best with FHO, in the opinion of a respected member who used it in his own cancer regimen.

Other than serious conditions that I think would benefit from FHO I make my oils with low and slo dried buds in my Instant Pot. Most of what I infuse is at a ratio of 1 gram of bud to 1 oz of carrier oil. If I want stronger I strain and run a second cycle with fresh bud. Three cycles is all any of us is comfortable with before we feel saturation may come into play.

Awww... thanks steff. :hug: I love what we do. :circle-of-love:

Low and slo buds create infused oils very close to fresh harvest. I stopped making it on the day of harvest when we refined the cold drying technique, unless it’s for a cancer patient. Cancer treatments using cannabis go best with FHO, in the opinion of a respected member who used it in his own cancer regimen.

Other than serious conditions that I think would benefit from FHO I make my oils with low and slo dried buds in my Instant Pot. Most of what I infuse is at a ratio of 1 gram of bud to 1 oz of carrier oil. If I want stronger I strain and run a second cycle with fresh bud. Three cycles is all any of us is comfortable with before we feel saturation may come into play.
You are darling <3 thank you. I will go with the low and slow dry for this plant. I will chop more plants over the weekend and try the fresh harvest oil with them. One more question if I may, the 1 gram of bud you mention, is that straight after the 2 weeks dry in the fridge or after a good cure of a couple of weeks? Thanks

No noticeable change in my dad's behavior or mood at a nominal 3mg THC/cookie 3/day. Next batch I'm moving to 4g/cookie. We'll see...
Rather than wait for a new batch of butter, I made 1/3 fewer cookies with the rest of the first batch, which made the cookies roughly 4mg THC each (no CBD). And the report I got from the caregiver that showers him was a good one. Usually he hits and spits when he gets a shower, and it's a MMA match to the end. Last night my father complained about it but was not physical at all. :thumb:

He also was in a very good mood last night when I saw him. 4mg/cookie seems to be the sweet spot with the AK-47 for him!

whereas CBD absorbs better through the gut.

:hmmmm: Are you sure about that? Where does that snippet come from Sue? To date, I’ve seen only that sublingual and buccal are the best pathways for CBD and that gut absorbtion is actually fairly inefficient and while it is great for longterm effect on systemic inflammation, it does very little almost nothing for things like pain, mood, anxiety etc - for those effects, toking or sublingual are the go. This is the most recent information I’m aware of...

If that’s not right I’d like to read about that! :nerd-with-glasses: :Namaste:

lowslow_dry_process-weddingcake.jpg

I have processed some test buds from my harvest for the low and slow method last night. The last bag with 18g I weighed with the brown paper bag to add weight to the equation :) I will try to weigh them daily and see how much they lose over time. Has someone done that before? Oh my, I'm geeking and it's wonderful. Today when opening the fridge door and sniffing, it's smells really spicy, in my partners words "like a pepper steak" :D I am so excited. Thanks for your great value and happy day

I've been slo-drying my bud in doubled up paper bags for a decade now @steffgrowsweed and always take the weights at the start so later once it is only losing a gram/day it's ready to go into jars for curing. The dry in my chilly basement can take 3 - 5 weeks and I usually start with 100 - 120g of fresh bud per bag. The first week they get dumped out into a tray daily to gently break up the lumps and air dry for a half hour or so. Then every 2nd day and less as they dry out.

My last batch of CBD cocobudder I made with fresh frozen buds and I'll be doing it that way all the time now. Barely any trimming need be done and the hand blender grinds them up just fine once in the warm oil so no pre-prep either. I used 80g of frozen bud to 580g of coconut oil with 20g of liquid sunflower lecithin. Next batch I'll use MCT oil.

I've been slo-drying my bud in doubled up paper bags for a decade now @steffgrowsweed and always take the weights at the start so later once it is only losing a gram/day it's ready to go into jars for curing. The dry in my chilly basement can take 3 - 5 weeks and I usually start with 100 - 120g of fresh bud per bag. The first week they get dumped out into a tray daily to gently break up the lumps and air dry for a half hour or so. Then every 2nd day and less as they dry out.

My last batch of CBD cocobudder I made with fresh frozen buds and I'll be doing it that way all the time now. Barely any trimming need be done and the hand blender grinds them up just fine once in the warm oil so no pre-prep either. I used 80g of frozen bud to 580g of coconut oil with 20g of liquid sunflower lecithin. Next batch I'll use MCT oil.

Oh wow, thank you for sharing your experience @OldMedUser After one day, they already lost 6 g, checking later tonight for the second weigh-in :) Very good to know, that towards the end they lose 1 gram/day. I'm very curious and excited to try the next steps. The smell is wonderful. One question, when you say "made with fresh frozen buds", are you talking about the low and slow dried flowers from your basement/fridge that then got frozen? Or just the dried buds with a little ja curing? Thank you again and have a good day

Oh wow, thank you for sharing your experience @OldMedUser After one day, they already lost 6 g, checking later tonight for the second weigh-in :) Very good to know, that towards the end they lose 1 gram/day. I'm very curious and excited to try the next steps. The smell is wonderful. One question, when you say "made with fresh frozen buds", are you talking about the low and slow dried flowers from your basement/fridge that then got frozen? Or just the dried buds with a little ja curing? Thank you again and have a good day

My last crop was 12 plants and I was holding off making a trip to BC to give them time to ripen up then faced with the daunting and painful task of trimming it all up. Arthritic hands make trimming torture for me.

Four of the plants were a hi-CBD strain called Sebring's Revenge that I planned to use all to make cocobudder with. Works well for the arthritis and about a 10:1 ratio of CBD:THC. To speed things up I just snipped off anything with no sugar and put the buds in 2L tobacco cans and sealed them up with a strip of electrical tape around the seam. I use the cans for curing pot too and they work great. Food grade plastic with a slight taper and no shoulder like in a mason jar so the whole mass of buds slides out easily when curing. Anyway just sealed them up and stuck them in the freezer fresh off the plants.

For my batch of budder I used 20g from each can as I haven't got around to doing a Beam's test on them to see which might be higher in CDB and wanted to make sure the budder worked and it does.

Most of the regular pot is going to get much the same treatment as it will be used to make RSO for the wife. She doesn't smoke pot and I just smoke little hits in my pipe of a nice sativa for depression so don't need a lot of properly cured bud for that. I have a lot of keif too but think I'll make oil out of that for her. Still don't know for sure what the tumours on her liver are but started her on RSO about 3 months ago to be ahead of things if it's something nasty.

My last crop was 12 plants and I was holding off making a trip to BC to give them time to ripen up then faced with the daunting and painful task of trimming it all up. Arthritic hands make trimming torture for me.

Four of the plants were a hi-CBD strain called Sebring's Revenge that I planned to use all to make cocobudder with. Works well for the arthritis and about a 10:1 ratio of CBD:THC. To speed things up I just snipped off anything with no sugar and put the buds in 2L tobacco cans and sealed them up with a strip of electrical tape around the seam. I use the cans for curing pot too and they work great. Food grade plastic with a slight taper and no shoulder like in a mason jar so the whole mass of buds slides out easily when curing. Anyway just sealed them up and stuck them in the freezer fresh off the plants.

For my batch of budder I used 20g from each can as I haven't got around to doing a Beam's test on them to see which might be higher in CDB and wanted to make sure the budder worked and it does.

Most of the regular pot is going to get much the same treatment as it will be used to make RSO for the wife. She doesn't smoke pot and I just smoke little hits in my pipe of a nice sativa for depression so don't need a lot of properly cured bud for that. I have a lot of keif too but think I'll make oil out of that for her. Still don't know for sure what the tumours on her liver are but started her on RSO about 3 months ago to be ahead of things if it's something nasty.

Again, wow, such great value, I love the internet for this <3 I'm currently looking into strains with more medical values, esp. arthritis is on my mind as well, for my mom. I will look into the strain you mentioned, currently running a Blue Dream CBD, excited to see, how she can help. In regards to treating the liver, SweetSue posted something if I remember correctly, about the oil being of importance for the liver to absorb it. Can't find her post on it now, but I copied the text to my research documents, she says the following:
When choosing a carrier oil you need to understand how they get absorbed. Olive oil is a long-chained fatty acid that gets absorbed into the lymphatic system before it gets to the liver, because of the size of the molecules. Missing the First-Pass through the liver means more cannabinoids get to play a medicinal role. Once they get metabolized by the liver enzymes they lose the chief values we're looking for. Every metabolized molecule is one taken out of the ranks of medical.

For this reason we recommend olive oil as a carrier for all conditions excepting liver cancer. Olive oil is also capable of disrupting cancer tumor cells on its own, among other beneficial effects, lending medicinal value to the cannabinoids.

For recreation you want to get high, so you choose coconut oil, a medium-chained fatty acid that goes straight to the liver after leaving the cauldron of stomach acids. With liver cancer you want the cannabinoids in the liver ASAP, so you choose coconut oil for that quick transport and you incorporate methods of competitive inhibition to keep those enzymes distracted, leaving the cannabinoids free to attach to tumor cells right there in front of the enzymes.

You probably know this, but I thought, maybe you missed it, so I'm happy to share something with you too :)
Have a good day and again, thank you
Edit: left one bit of the quote out :)

At the end of the low and slow process you're down to 62% RH, same as you would be if you dried the regular way, so the buds will end up the same weight either way.
Good morning @InTheShed ☀️it was more out of interest and to document to satisfy my inner geek ☺️ Currently on my 9th day drying, started jar test 2 days ago and am getting close. Overnight in Jars I'm getting up to 74-78%, so really really close and I can't wait. I'm so happy with the results (what I see so far), compared to my regularly dried buds they look so much more yummy. I guess tonight I will trim them a little more and then that's them in their final home ready for curing.

Happy day

Here is one of my Blue Dream Auto Buds saying Hi out of the fridge :Namaste:
IMG_1289.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom