Fresh trimming week 4-5 flower

Lonewolf96

Hey everyone let’s get some opinions this is the first grow I’ve done. Just did a decent trimming ( I know it’s controversial in flower) any guesses on how much bud I’ll get from them?

Attachments

• 1F34FB96-31A6-4DA8-8941-783C2547324B.jpeg
    1F34FB96-31A6-4DA8-8941-783C2547324B.jpeg
    927 KB · Views: 159
  • 805001EF-B9A2-449C-B59A-22EB5510ED3B.jpeg
    805001EF-B9A2-449C-B59A-22EB5510ED3B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • 08F852DC-F203-4F17-900F-D77AAFA38B7A.jpeg
    08F852DC-F203-4F17-900F-D77AAFA38B7A.jpeg
    955 KB · Views: 159
  • 1626684A-6021-457E-835A-03EA88E7D854.jpeg
    1626684A-6021-457E-835A-03EA88E7D854.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 161
  • 479BBA4E-8D5E-4D22-B709-8CD294EC6C27.jpeg
    479BBA4E-8D5E-4D22-B709-8CD294EC6C27.jpeg
    974.3 KB · Views: 146
Looks pretty good, 4 weeks or so left? I would start removing all big fan leaves at this point to focus energy on the buds, and remove shade from lower buds. You could have a pound or more there. This crop in 15 sq feet gave me 600 grams, and I don't keep any buds smaller than a golf ball.

Looks pretty good, 4 weeks or so left? I would start removing all big fan leaves at this point to focus energy on the buds, and remove shade from lower buds. You could have a pound or more there. This crop in 15 sq feet gave me 600 grams, and I don't keep any buds smaller than a golf ball.

I’m on about week 5 now it’s my first grow my feed schedule only goes for another 2 weeks but I’m not really sure how long they actually will need

I’m on about week 5 now it’s my first grow my feed schedule only goes for another 2 weeks but I’m not really sure how long they actually will need
I agree that they look more sativa, I usually go to 6-7 weeks or so with nutes, then to RO Ph 6 water to purge till 8- 9 weeks. I have a blueberry strain that I go a bit longer with reduced nutes, 8 weeks as she really doesn't ripen that much and eventually I just pull the plug at 10 -11 weeks.

What does she smell like?

I’ve been working on a hvac install in a weed facility for about 2 months and I honestly can’t smell them. Everyone who sees them says it’s really potent but I just think I it’s a real subtle weed smell haha it’s my first grow and I don’t have much experience judging different scents

I agree that they look more sativa, I usually go to 6-7 weeks or so with nutes, then to RO Ph 6 water to purge till 8- 9 weeks. I have a blueberry strain that I go a bit longer with reduced nutes, 8 weeks as she really doesn't ripen that much and eventually I just pull the plug at 10 -11 weeks.

Now is it crucial to have it reverse osmosis? I don’t have a RO set up and I know they are pricy... my charts have the feed for two more weeks which would put me at 7 weeks of flower. Then I intended on doing a week or 2 of straight water

Now is it crucial to have it reverse osmosis? I don’t have a RO set up and I know they are pricy... my charts have the feed for two more weeks which would put me at 7 weeks of flower. Then I intended on doing a week or 2 of straight water
I have been using RO since I started for nutes water and plain for the simple reason that my well water is incredibly hard. So it really depends on your supply. I investigated a setup for my farm, but as my water is so hard, they figured it would be cheaper to just buy the water instead of the filters and machinery. My well water tests out at 2000 microseimens (1000 ppm) and so adding any nutes at all to that puts it too high and lockout will occur. I live near Regina and their water is much softer, but still hard at about 300 ppm, so it will work but it is still adding a lot of extra cal and mag. A handbook from Advanced Nutrients recommended using RO in their peat/nutes system, and it has worked so well for me I have stayed with it. Costs me about $90 a plant per run @ $3.80 for a 19 litre (5 gallons US). I may buy a storage tank and bring city water out to cut costs this fall to see how well it works.

I have been using RO since I started for nutes water and plain for the simple reason that my well water is incredibly hard. So it really depends on your supply. I investigated a setup for my farm, but as my water is so hard, they figured it would be cheaper to just buy the water instead of the filters and machinery. My well water tests out at 2000 microseimens (1000 ppm) and so adding any nutes at all to that puts it too high and lockout will occur. I live near Regina and their water is much softer, but still hard at about 300 ppm, so it will work but it is still adding a lot of extra cal and mag. A handbook from Advanced Nutrients recommended using RO in their peat/nutes system, and it has worked so well for me I have stayed with it. Costs me about $90 a plant per run @ $3.80 for a 19 litre (5 gallons US). I may buy a storage tank and bring city water out to cut costs this fall to see how well it works.

My well water is filtered through a few tanks, I haven’t had it tested in a while I know when I ph it’s perfect and when I add my fox farm nuts to it it Ph at like 5.8-6.3 give or take. Now that I cut out my grow big sup. It usually is a bit higher 6-6.5 so I just ph down a hair. I try to be as delicate with my measurements as possible but I’m not exactly doing a science experiment. Just trying to get some good bud haha. I guess I’m not sure if all the extra steps and equipment makes that much of a difference

Having your ph dialled in makes a huge difference I think, I had to switch from advanced's ph perfect nutes to emerald harvest which needs the ph adjusted. I found out after spending 200 dollars on two different pen ph testers that the dye type ph test still works best, especially for pure RO water. Sounds like you have your ph nailed, and your plants look great.

Having your ph dialled in makes a huge difference I think, I had to switch from advanced's ph perfect nutes to emerald harvest which needs the ph adjusted. I found out after spending 200 dollars on two different pen ph testers that the dye type ph test still works best, especially for pure RO water. Sounds like you have your ph nailed, and your plants look great.

Thanks I’m doing my best haha I’ll keep putting updates

Back
Top Bottom