Fresno County Issues Medical Marijuana I.D. Cards

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Dana Bobbitt suffers from Arthritis in the spine and Hepatitis C, he's been a medicinal marijuana patient for four years, but Tuesday was the first day Fresno County recognized his need for the drug.

"It's just a relief that we finally have in our county the documentation to prove we're legitimate patients," said Bobbitt.

Fresno County kicked off its "Medical Marijuana I.D. Card Program" on Tuesday, accepting applications and issuing cards to qualified patients.

Before now, people like Dana had to travel to other counties to legally get the drug, and even then they weren't allowed to bring it back to Fresno County.

"I used to have to go and buy it in dispensaries out of the county and that got too expensive and too hard to do, so I learned how to grow it," said Dana.

Now cardholders can have up to 8 ounces on them and as many as six plants in their home.

Health officials say the new I.D. program should make things easier for both patients and police.

"So that if they are pulled over by law-enforcement regarding their use of marijuana, they can show that they have a statewide I.D. card," said Gena Adams, with the Fresno County Health Department.

The cards require a doctor's recommendation, along with an annual fee of $107, which Dana says is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: KMPH
Author: Ariana Duarte
Copyright: 2008 WorldNow and KMPH
Contact: KMPH Fox 26 Central San Joaquin Valley News Source in Fresno, California Entertainment, News, Sports and Weather | Home
Website: KMPH Fox 26 Central San Joaquin Valley News Source in Fresno, California Entertainment, News, Sports and Weather | Fresno County Issues Medical Marijuana I.D. Cards

Back
Top Bottom