Friend Or Foe? Predators Of Eden

Amy Gardner

Member of the Month: March 2018 - Photo of the Month: April, Dec 2018, Apr 2019
:19: VG!

That’s one beautiful moth :love: and one enormous caterpillar :eek:

Thanks Pt :D

Virgin ground

Nug of the Month: June 2019 - Photo of the Month: Aug 2019
My brothers used to put them in my very curly hair as a child.
#scarredforlife

Amy Gardner

Oh :oops::rolleyes: Yep! That’ll do it. I have an intense aversion to oysters for similar reasons.

BeezLuiz

Grow Journal of the Month: Nov 2018
I posted these critter pics in my journal, but wanted to put them here for future reference.

Pretty sure these are thrips - very small, probably juveniles. Got this next photo online somewhere:
Thrips.jpg

The top right is a thrip. The bottom left is a cucumeris, which is a predatory mite - it eats thrips. Fortunately, I've seen them on my plant as well. My plant is pretty healthy right now, so I'm assuming the thrips are being kept under control by the cucumeris.

Amy Gardner

Thanks for sharing them here Luiz! Great images :thumb:

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018
This one is definitely in the friend category being arachnid and all, but I wanted to post it because it's so wild looking with the hairy white spots!

It crawled out of the tiki torch when I went to put more fluid in. It's about 3/4" long. I think it's a Daring Jumping Spider.

Last edited:

Amy Gardner

It is wild looking! Nice spots it has - but I suppose it would rather that I said, Nice eyes ;)

BeezLuiz

Grow Journal of the Month: Nov 2018
I think I've got its cousin over here! :laugh2:
I don't know what type of spider it is, but I left it be.

Amy Gardner

I haven’t had much to share in here lately because I’m In indoor gardening mode and mostly don’t see the tiny critters. However, I found this in the tent last night. After photographing it and carefully removing it outside, just in case it was foe, I’ve now realised it’s very likely the larvae of some kind of ladybug. It looks very like one, but not like any of the common ones, so maybe it’s a different kind of bug/beetle larvae.

Little cutie whatever it is. Hopefully someone will come by who can identify it a bit more precisely. :Namaste:

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018
It is a lady beetle larva ... but i am trying to find the specific one ...
While you're looking things up Pt (and waiting for your auto to grow), anyone have any idea on this? It looks like a fly from the top but the body is long and green. Green from eating plants, or eating bugs that eat plants? You tell me!

InTheShed

InTheShed

Virgin ground

Nug of the Month: June 2019 - Photo of the Month: Aug 2019
Nope. Boy, do I know the exact worst time to come over here.
Hi guys, see ya later!
:ciao:

Top Bottom