Friend Or Foe? Predators Of Eden

Ive been wondering about that - cause of the web. I dont like it much - i pulled it apart yesterday because it was getting a bit bunchy. I thought they would dissipate a bit after hatching. But they’re hanging around like a colony - onto a good thing I suppose (from their perspective). I may move them today. :thumb::thanks:

Almost Pt!

I have heaps to update on over here - just been too smoked from everything else.

I had encountered these 2 spiders both on the same plant (white Widow) the day of a big prune.

First one is a whip spider :love: amazing and creepy and beautiful all at once - and i think the adult of one i posted here a few weeks ago. I’ll have to change the photo title now that I know it’s a whip spider

And this one - not a jumping spider i don’t think. Quite a beauty tho in any case.

And here, for Pt or anyone else who might know, what’s this funky brother? Looks predator like to me. Looks like it has mandibles in front that are good for scooping up eggs and eating them :D

‘Till later... :Namaste:

If it's stupid it's a June bug. Stupidest bug I've ever met. They don't run or fly away. They just roll over and die (no, not playing possum...they're on the floor the next morning!). Also love to fly into walls and die.
yea they all have that a bit in that family ;)

If it's stupid it's a June bug. Stupidest bug I've ever met. They don't run or fly away. They just roll over and die (no, not playing possum...they're on the floor the next morning!). Also love to fly into walls and die.

:rofl:

Remember the colony of tiny spiders on my Critical Mass?
1E40A12D-CC5A-45E3-89FB-90C514475E33.png
Having had spiders hatch in my house I can tell you they scatter within a week of being born.
I’ve meant to update on this since foreverago! There was some wonder about moving them off but Shed was totally right. This is absolutely what happened. One day not long after these posts they were just gone.

I did manage to verify that they were babies of the jumping spider tho’. They were less that 1mm in size so very hard to capture in pixels but you can make out 2 forward facing eyes, for stereo vision like Pt pointed out - so they can gauge distance.

So, sooo tiny!

3BE217FE-828F-4967-8C9E-8776A4EEB2A4.jpeg

OOh spider trigger warning. It’s probably a good idea! Oddly enough i’m desensitising my own arachnophobia a little bit taking all these pictures and making friends with small spiders. Big huntsman spiders still nearly make me pass out tho! :eek:
yea well they are just slightly bigger then these rascals about what 1000% bigger ?? hwever they are great crittercontrol ... better then lazy cats id say

*insert ditched stockphoto of huntsman eating a mouse here*

did ye pass out amy ? .... amy ...?? AMY !!!???

Back
Top Bottom