Friend Or Foe? Predators Of Eden

heyy friendly bug people
this thread gives me the creeps for sure lol hairs standing on ends looking at pics...

so i wondered about spiders, not spidermites but house spiders, dont know names or anything lol
60758CE3-4316-4EFD-B2C9-D37AFB8F9ED9.png

this is an example of one i squished
there was a dozen or so of themc like little babies i guess hanging around the hatch up to grow area, and a few were makig their way through the netted vents on the flower room, also a couple actually inside on the large fan by the entrance. none on plants and i ‘think’ i killed em all, well who knows if all or not... but all visible ones.
now i know they cant be mites as they are visible with the naked eye and i could catch and kill em, but where exactly do mites come from, would these kind of spiders be friend or foe? should i have let them be or did i do right lol
now im scared as im a couple of weeks from my first harvest, and other than 3 individual whiteflys i found early on in veg (quickly killed and never a problem) ive had no pest issues ‘touch wood’ (bangs head on door)

after this little find and roundup i went around the windows and cleaned off any little webs or the odd tiny fly caught ,
looking at those ultrasound plugs to deter bugs and stuff,
also now wondering about predators and if ladybirds would be ok in an indoor grow.. hah or maybe even carnivourous plants lol any little plants that can be used to attract and kill any unwanted shits??

grr bugs give me the creeps..
not sure thats compatible with my dreams of living offgrid away from society and people.. lol

And this was the only Monarch in my garden on Sunday, looking very young in the way it flew and moved on the plants:
Beautiful! :) It's a male, btw.

The black spots on the lower section of wings - one on each side of the body. Females don't have them.

@Pterostychus
I’m posting this one for @BeezLuiz and @Liquidintel

This critter has been spotted on their outdoor plants. Folks thought it was a baby grasshopper, but it doesn’t look like that to me. Those long feelers make me think it’s a predator of some kind. Maybe you can help Pt :nerd-with-glasses:
48A1F87B-FCC1-441C-92E7-F69871048737.jpeg
your first guess was the correct one ... its a leafeater so id say ... foe-ish ... :ganjamon:

It'not obvious from the pic, but it does look like a miniature grasshopper and does indeed jump pretty far if you poke it.
Oh, and there were leaves nearby that had been munched on.

Back
Top Bottom