From Barbara Boxer - United Staes Senator

Pinch

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing to me about medical marijuana. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, the United States Supreme Court recently upheld federal drug laws that ban any use of marijuana, including for medical purposes. This ruling directly contradicts California = s Compassionate Use Initiative as well as laws from other states that allow for legal use of marijuana under medical supervision.

The House of Representatives is now considering the States' Rights to Medical Marijuana Act, H.R.2087. If passed, this bill would allow states to legalize the use of medicinal marijuana without federal interference.

I feel this legislation is appropriate as long as it includes a provision that there must be a doctor = s approval.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again on this or any other issue that concerns you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

That's awesome pinch. The states rights should always supercede what the feds want, especially on something as benign as medical marijuana.

Back
Top Bottom