From Barbara Boxer - United States Senator

Pinch

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing to me about medical marijuana. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, the United States Supreme Court recently upheld federal drug laws that ban any use of marijuana, including for medical purposes. This ruling directly contradicts California's Compassionate Use Initiative as well as laws from other states that allow for legal use of marijuana under medical supervision.

The House of Representatives is now considering the States' Rights to Medical Marijuana Act, H.R.2087. If passed, this bill would allow states to legalize the use of medicinal marijuana without federal interference.

I feel this legislation is appropriate as long as it includes a provision that there must be a doctor's approval.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again on this or any other issue that concerns you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

wow, thats a step toward the light

BOth Senator Boxer AND Feinstein were instrumental in my discharge from the army. I owe them my life (literaly) and acn personaly say they look out for the people and I support them. Nice letter Pinch, and also the first I've heard of that bill.
-PM

Yeah it was interesting. After studying the way the House works I found that the bill HR 2087 is expected to go absolutely nowhere.. a lot of committee meetings and then it'll fade away..

In spite of that, this is the first of many stages.. :smokin:

Mr PM. "BOth Senator Boxer AND Feinstein were instrumental in my discharge from the army"

How cool for you. Nice that they could help you out. Wow..

I'm going to be in LA, Burbank, for a few hours in January.. what dispensary do you recommend? I've read on Med420 there are a bunch of new ones. What say you? Thanks. PM me if you wish.

Pinch, I dont know of any in the Burbank Area, the one I go to is in Van Nuys. The club is on the corner of Sherman Way and Van Nuys. You will see a Korean shopping center, with a Boston Market, on one side. THAT is the side the club is on (Across from a Numero Unos and McDonalds). They are on the second floor, the door with he naduicap logo on it (There is no sign). It's near the baber shop sign (you know, that swirly thiing found on the outside of old school barber shops?). Just stand at the door and a guard will open it. If no one opens it, knock gently. You must have your original doctors note with you, and they will call and confirm before they let you in (So you might want to confirm that your doctor will be in that day). There are MANY more out here, but that is the only one I go to or have been to :)
-PM

Thanks Mr PM.

Back
Top Bottom