From R-DWC To Silver Haze On Soil 2nd Grow

Some nugs
IMG_20190905_193248.jpg
IMG_20190905_193112.jpg
IMG_20190905_192908.jpg
IMG_20190905_192423.jpg

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had Pete. Those nugs look pretty good though. Rot can be devastating and is something that's can stop a grow in its tracks. I've had it a few times over the last couple years and I've pulled the plants a couple weeks early to cut my loses. One time I harvested a plant and thought I'd removed all the rotting flowers. About a week later I noticed that one of my curing jars was full of fur with about an ounce sat in there. I missed a little or some spores had gotton into the jar and it spread very quickly. That was a hard lesson learnt that day. If I had budwashed back then maybe it would have helped but then again maybe not. Good to see you with some buds though Pete.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had Pete. Those nugs look pretty good though. Rot can be devastating and is something that's can stop a grow in its tracks. I've had it a few times over the last couple years and I've pulled the plants a couple weeks early to cut my loses. One time I harvested a plant and thought I'd removed all the rotting flowers. About a week later I noticed that one of my curing jars was full of fur with about an ounce sat in there. I missed a little or some spores had gotton into the jar and it spread very quickly. That was a hard lesson learnt that day. If I had budwashed back then maybe it would have helped but then again maybe not. Good to see you with some buds though Pete.
Wauw heavy story about the rot during curing, I will keep a close eye on them while curing!
First time for me and I didn't know it was this big of a deal ! Really panic

Sadly some shit is unavoidable with bigger buds too. trying to keep air over every bud and stalk while keeping rh down is a battle we all seem to deal with. I am hoping my boxed loft idea gives me a good chance at dealing with it better. European weather has been a shit storm of damp and heat so we are all in it together Peter. i lost a little on the Os and odd bits of others but i trust the milk spray and sorted rh now. 2 exhaust fans , open flaps , until i can get a dehumidifier. looks like you salvaged some nice bud though.
Now onto the coco mate.

Wauw heavy story about the rot during curing, I will keep a close eye on them while curing!
First time for me and I didn't know it was this big of a deal ! Really panic
I'd say to be vigilant but not to worry too much. Vigilance is good practice anyway. That's only happened to me once and I've had the dreaded rot quite a few times so don't panic.

I'd say to be vigilant but not to worry too much. Vigilance is good practice anyway. That's only happened to me once and I've had the dreaded rot quite a few times so don't panic.
What did you do when you got it? Just take the plants down earlier or?

Sadly some shit is unavoidable with bigger buds too. trying to keep air over every bud and stalk while keeping rh down is a battle we all seem to deal with. I am hoping my boxed loft idea gives me a good chance at dealing with it better. European weather has been a shit storm of damp and heat so we are all in it together Peter. i lost a little on the Os and odd bits of others but i trust the milk spray and sorted rh now. 2 exhaust fans , open flaps , until i can get a dehumidifier. looks like you salvaged some nice bud though.
Now onto the coco mate.
Exhaust fans? The rh level here is almost 80% outside.
Got a small dehumidifier running, really cheap and works oke, buds are drying at 55-60% rh, cant get it lower.. would that be good enough?
Yeah I hope it will work easy for me the coco. Only thing is that I have than hydro nutes, soil nutes and coco nutes, got allot haha!

What did you do when you got it? Just take the plants down earlier or?
I did. They were around Day 55 so they were at the earlier end of the harvest window. A couple were close to being done but a few others could have done with the extra time.

I did. They were around Day 55 so they were at the earlier end of the harvest window. A couple were close to being done but a few others could have done with the extra time.
So if you got rot in one bud during a grow, it can spread easily over the rest of the plants and fast? Next time.I will try the milk/water solution what gg said..

i only add about a table spoon to a 1 litre spray bottle and 200ml of milk. It is a some kind of activator for the mould spores to self mate. works well . held mine off with zero issues to the bud
Thanks I will def try this the next grow, is this pure baking soda the good one to add a table spoon from? And how did you came up with this, just curious :thumb:

Thanks I will def try this the next grow, is this pure baking soda the good one to add a table spoon from? And how did you came up with this, just curious :thumb:
baking soda is all the same i think but it agitates the mix i rhink. I read it a long time ago when i was researching using breastmilk for nutes. There is a lot of good potential in raw milk that has been a gardeners friend in lots of ways. used to increase yield in fields at 20% milk/water too
As long as you dont give it time to sour when used. it kills soft bodied pests too. With mould spores it does something to their reproductive cycles and makes them self germinate which kills them off.
keep a thought for fungus gnats with coco. not uncommen but an annoyance. they love the coco. A top layer of fine sand can stop them if needed.

baking soda is all the same i think but it agitates the mix i rhink. I read it a long time ago when i was researching using breastmilk for nutes. There is a lot of good potential in raw milk that has been a gardeners friend in lots of ways. used to increase yield in fields at 20% milk/water too
As long as you dont give it time to sour when used. it kills soft bodied pests too. With mould spores it does something to their reproductive cycles and makes them self germinate which kills them off.
keep a thought for fungus gnats with coco. not uncommen but an annoyance. they love the coco. A top layer of fine sand can stop them if needed.
Allright, I will try it next time when rot happens to appear. What benefits wouldnI get from using coco instead of soil? Is it much more work in the garden than soil or ?

Today I trimmed the whole thing down and got some nice buds, taste is quite good actually for a 7 week flowering. Hope I can do the full 9-11 weeks on the next run with the same clones to get those buds swell up to the fullest :D

Yield was less than my first grow..
I got 638 grams from this crop.

Here some bud pics:
I used a trimbag for this one and I have to say it works really good after 40 shakes.. the trichomes are allso still there and saved allot of time!
IMG-20190909-WA0063.jpeg
IMG-20190909-WA0061.jpeg
IMG-20190909-WA0056.jpeg
IMG-20190909-WA0059.jpeg
IMG-20190909-WA0054.jpeg
IMG-20190909-WA0047.jpeg
IMG-20190909-WA0066.jpeg

Today I trimmed the whole thing down and got some nice buds, taste is quite good actually for a 7 week flowering. Hope I can do the full 9-11 weeks on the next run with the same clones to get those buds swell up to the fullest :D

Yield was less than my first grow..
I got 638 grams from this crop.

Here some bud pics:
I used a trimbag for this one and I have to say it works really good after 40 shakes.. the trichomes are allso still there and saved allot of time!
IMG-20190909-WA0063.jpeg
IMG-20190909-WA0061.jpeg
IMG-20190909-WA0056.jpeg
IMG-20190909-WA0059.jpeg
IMG-20190909-WA0054.jpeg
IMG-20190909-WA0047.jpeg
IMG-20190909-WA0066.jpeg
Wow.mate.. looks beautiful trimmed up. wondered about them myself. looks like they work good. great harvest numbers mate.. I am just starting my last week with 4 but have trimmed and dried 4 so far. poor yield sadly but some nice weed.

Coco is a breeze to use mate. Roots love it and can travel well through it too. Virtually impossible to over water but hold water really well while also allowing 30% O2 still. It does need feeds though as it doesnr have any nutes or bennies till you put them in. You would love coco Peter

Wow.mate.. looks beautiful trimmed up. wondered about them myself. looks like they work good. great harvest numbers mate.. I am just starting my last week with 4 but have trimmed and dried 4 so far. poor yield sadly but some nice weed.

Coco is a breeze to use mate. Roots love it and can travel well through it too. Virtually impossible to over water but hold water really well while also allowing 30% O2 still. It does need feeds though as it doesnr have any nutes or bennies till you put them in. You would love coco Peter
Yeah, some say it knocks off the trichs but man that's not true, and saw some comparisons online.. really works so well! Buds came out how you buy them in a coffeeshop, that well trimmed! Ah sorry to hear, maybe strains with lower yields this time?
So for coco, I shouldnt be to worried about run-off as I cant find any trays for runoff here in holland?

Yeah, some say it knocks off the trichs but man that's not true, and saw some comparisons online.. really works so well! Buds came out how you buy them in a coffeeshop, that well trimmed! Ah sorry to hear, maybe strains with lower yields this time?
So for coco, I shouldnt be to worried about run-off as I cant find any trays for runoff here in holland?
For me this has been a pain in the ass too. Runoff is mainly to stop build up of salts from nutes but for me , i wayered them every other day to a little runoff out of the bottom . i never deal with lots of water to get rid of so they dont stand in any as it gets evaporated bery quickly. If you put a cheap childrens pool down as a base and only water this way , you can soon towel or sponge any excess away as a diy somutuon but there are Rhizo pots that you should be able to get shipped from the uk or europe. They are plastic stand with attachments for a runnoff hose underneath so easy to route waste or recirculate. I will send a link in your messages to what i mean too.

For me this has been a pain in the ass too. Runoff is mainly to stop build up of salts from nutes but for me , i wayered them every other day to a little runoff out of the bottom . i never deal with lots of water to get rid of so they dont stand in any as it gets evaporated bery quickly. If you put a cheap childrens pool down as a base and only water this way , you can soon towel or sponge any excess away as a diy somutuon but there are Rhizo pots that you should be able to get shipped from the uk or europe. They are plastic stand with attachments for a runnoff hose underneath so easy to route waste or recirculate. I will send a link in your messages to what i mean too.
Thanks for the link!

Just installed the dripsystem and it makes watering much easier. So for now I'll turn on the pump and put one hose and measure how much water going in and stop on the right amount. Works great for me and no more struggling to get in there with watering 12 plants.
IMG_20190804_221647.jpg
IMG_20190804_221607.jpg
IMG_20190804_212824.jpg
IMG_20190804_212752.jpg
IMG_20190804_212736.jpg
IMG_20190804_212838.jpg
@780grow
Good view on the lollipopping

Back
Top Bottom