From Seed To Seed - Let's Make A New Strain 2018 - A Multiple Grow Journal

Nice I've never grown a male out, always got rid of them and mainly grown feminised seeds. You got a picture of your male?
I have the most stinking lemon amnesia strain I want to try cross, I was gonna follow triumphs journal and method n try reverse sex the male part, but now Im wondering if its worth it or I should just try find a male.
There must be a way to minimise hermies - that we are missing, otherwise every seed from big companies would be likely to herm???

I definitely am not a pro! Just a student! I can't say what seed company do because I wasn't there lol but I have grown alot of fem seeds to. I've got some really good plants over the years, they are not all bad. I've also had alot of plants herm on me n they all were feminized seeds. The worst in my experience were barneys blackdog and thc critical hog. I popped 20 seeds of those 2 n every one hermed. I've had others but would have to go back n see what they were. I used the blackdog in my breeding program with a proven male and all those seeds hermied. When ya start eliminating chromosomes strange things happen. I switched to using true male and true females for breeding n never had a herm since. The plants seem to be more vigorous as well.

I need to make a correction in prior post. It was not Barney's blackdog . It was HSO blackdog . I did try a 3 pack of Barney's pineapple chunk, I did get 1 stellar pheno but it would hermie at end of flower. One pineapple chunk pheno was a crazy mutant that was complete garbage.

I'd suggest if you want to breed you should breed male and female plants from regular seeds. I've been breeding for 10 years n wasted alot of time n learned my lesson the hard way. Feminized seeds are way more likely to herm. Even a female plant from a feminized seed bred with a male will produce offspring more likely to herm.
I only purchased regular seeds. I dont want to have " Femmed" seeds. Thanks for the good advice!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom