From Seed to Smoke - RQS Critical & OG Kush - LED - DWC Scrog

stealthgrow

What strain is it? Royal Queen Seeds Critical and OG Kush.

RQS Critical

THC 18%
CBD Low
Yield Indoor 550-600gr m2
Yield Outdoor 600-650 grams per plant dried
Height Indoor 80 - 140 cm
Height Outdoor 180 - 220 cm
Flowering time 6-8 Weeks
Genetic background Afghani x Skunk
Type Sativa: 40% Indica: 60%
Effect Stoned, physically and mentally

RQS OG Kush

THC 19%
CBD Medium
Yield Indoor 425-475gr m2
Yield Outdoor 500-550 grams per plant dried
Height Indoor 90 - 160 cm
Height Outdoor 180 - 220 cm
Flowering time 7-9 Weeks
Genetic background Chemdawg x Lemon Thai x Pakistani Kush
Type Sativa: 25% Indica: 75%
Effect Relaxing and full of flavour

Type of Lighting: KIND LED 240W with T5 side lighting

Soil or Hydro: Hydroponic grow, 15 gal reservoirs, 4 inch net cups. SCROG.

Hi everyone:ciao:

Its about time for me to start a new journal. I've got 2 Critical plants in my smaller ----------- on day 7 of flower, and an OG Kush still Vegging in the large -----------. I'm going to veg the OG for another month and then flip to 12/12. By waiting I'm finally hoping to get the rotation down in my closets for a harvest every 4-6 weeks.

On top of my 2 -----------s, I have setup a new little veg area for my seedlings and clones with T5 lighting. This new little veg area will help to ensure I've always got plants ready to go after each harvest to keep the rotation going. I have a total of 5 strains growing in my veg area right now, 1 Bubblelicious, 1 Pinapple Chunk, 1 Sour Diesel, 1 mystery freebie, and 4 Critical clones. These should keep me going for a while.;)

The Critical strain I flipped last Friday have quickly started to stretch out and show pistils. Things went pretty smooth during the veg phase, hopefully flower goes as well.

Critical Stats

Day 7 of flower
PPM= 580
PH= 5.8
Air Temp= 83F
Water Temp= 73F
RH= 53%

IMG_001694.JPG

IMG_0013103.JPG

IMG_0018104.JPG

IMG_0011116.JPG

IMG_0010129.JPG

IMG_0012103.JPG

IMG_002280.JPG

The OG Kush is going well, and recovering nicely from a 12 hour power outage. Both closets lost power due to a storm a bout a week ago, but the OG Kush was hit much harder by the loss of light and oxygen bubbles in the reservoir. pretty much the entire lower plant shriveled up and died. the roots look fine though.
I trimmed all the dead and damaged leaves and stems, and new growth up top has started again. She has 4 main branches but I'm going to have to start FIMing and topping her in order to fill in the screen before the flip in about a month.

OG Kush Stats

PPM= 530
PH= 5.9
Air Temp= 81F
Water Temp= 73F
RH= 38%

IMG_0004166.JPG

IMG_0005163.JPG

IMG_0006150.JPG

I have the Nutrient Monitor attached to the OG Kush closet.

IMG_002184.JPG

Here's what's I've setup for my new vegging area. I just cleared a shelf on the shelving unit in my grow room, and zip tied two T5 lights to the underside of the top shelf. Voila!! ;)

IMG_0001159.JPG

IMG_0002167.JPG

That's it for the first update in the new journal, I hope you all follow along. Questions and comments always welcome.
Stay medicated my friends.;)

re: From Seed to Smoke - RQS Critical & OG Kush - LED - DWC Scrog

I'm gona get in on this from the Beginning. I wish i did more research when i bought my growbox, cause i sure would love the higher headspace the Trinity 3.0 has.

Looking great so far Stealth!

Subscribed. You can also use a seedling heat mat with your cuttings to help the cuttings root faster.

Fast-Gro Heating Mat 1in x 24in - Perfect Gardens

I have one of those and didn't even think to use it, thanks John.:thumb:

I'm here stealth, hate power outs. I alway take my dwc plant out of their buckets they can go a couple days like that.

Problem is that I don't grow in my home, so I can't check on my closets and I didn't even realize the power had gone out at the grow.

I'm in looking forward to the knowledge ... Very nice job!!

Welcome guys, thanks for subbing.
I'll be doing an update every Friday night like my other journals.
Have a great weekend.;)

Subscribed. Sorry to hear about the power problem hope they bounce back strong.

I'm here! Sweet stuff , looking good as always. I like the clone area. Been working on the aero cloner last night and today. I love how the leaves look on that og kush :) Great job, looking forward to this one.

Subscribed. Sorry to hear about the power problem hope they bounce back strong.

Welcome 2Blgl
The short power outage was not that big an issue, they are already showing new growth, and the bottom stuff all comes off later in the grow. They should be good, but if the power had stayed off another 12 hours or so and the whole crop would have been lost. Lucky.;)

I'm here! Sweet stuff , looking good as always. I like the clone area. Been working on the aero cloner last night and today. I love how the leaves look on that og kush :) Great job, looking forward to this one.
Welcome Robert, thanks buddy.;)
All 4 clones still alive after a week, I might set a new clone record.;)

Welcome 2Blgl
The short power outage was not that big an issue, they are already showing new growth, and the bottom stuff all comes off later in the grow. They should be good, but if the power had stayed off another 12 hours or so and the whole crop would have been lost. Lucky.;)

Hey Stealth, i am about to have a forced power outage in my highrise this evening for 6 hours, and to battle this i was at the local pet store and found a great AC/battery powered air pump that would be good enough for your reservoirs. It plugs into the wall so it can sense the power failure, then the D cell batteries kick on and keep the air flowing. I didn't get this particular air pump as it was more than i was needing at the time, so i got 2 Marina battery operated air pumps, one for each plant i have in veg right now. They were like 18 bucks and run off D cell batteries for up to 150 hours providing on the quality of the batteries you use.

I can send ya a PM with the link to the particular product i saw, if you like. Not sure if the link would get nuked by mods if posted on a thread.

Thanks Greenthumb, I was actually looking into an uninteruptable power supply from Future shop or Best Buy. The power supply will take care of the lights and the air stones. Gonna have to wait til payday though.;)

Subbed of course! :)

Hi LA, welcome buddy!!

Thanks for subbing. I'm doing my own little version of the Flux with the OG this round.;)

Thanks Greenthumb, I was actually looking into an uninteruptable power supply from Future shop or Best Buy. The power supply will take care of the lights and the air stones. Gonna have to wait til payday though.;)

shoot me a link to the one youre looking at! I might have to take my ass down to best buy or future shop myself and pick one up! Whats the retail? should be the same here in BC!!

just be aware that not all uninterruptible power supplies will run digital timing devices.

Here is a good thread on uninterruptible power supplies that will run digital devices

Back up power supplies: Read this before you buy

Thanks John! I've read that article by The Capn. my timers are actually analog timers, do i still need to worry about this?

Back
Top Bottom