420 Magazine Background

Frost & rain & cold: pull?

It's my first grow, unplanned. Last Feb germinated a couple seeds from a buddies Jamaica vacation bagseed. Both female and tall stavia trees. Im in Kingston Ontario region. These things have been in flower 10 weeks. In the last couple days about 60% of the trichs have turned milky. Very very few amber colored trichs. Frost tonight then warming to 12°. I'm okay with a Frost, the plants arelooking good. Local weather forecast after Sunday is monday- rain 80% hi 10° low 4°, Tues sunny hi 10° low 6°, wed hi 9° low1° and Frost. After that consistent single digit weather. Pull tomorrow night or wait it out and see if it can survive two Frost's and finishes up a bit more. It's pretty close now. Decisions.. Decisions...Decisions
Anyone out there been here?
20181010_182555.jpg
 

Diggler420

Well-Known Member
Can you cover her up? I had a conversation with a 70 year old man who has been growing his whole life. He told me that they have used smudge pots when growing in your conditions. You might find one at an antique store. If not, I would put a quilt over her at night
 

Cannamusic

Well-Known Member
Cooler overnight temps for a couple nights may cause some of your buds to produce that wonderful purple color. Love seeing purple buds. As long as it’s not a hard freeze, you should be okay.

I like @Diggler420 ’s idea above.
 
It's too big to cover. It's 12'. I tried to cover it last week during a Frost warning and ended up hurting a couple colas but nothing serious that duct tape couldn't solve. Just don't want to hurt it again.
 
Similar problem here. It's some unknown sativa that isn't even frosty really, but it has a nice lemony scent. I just pulled it up and left the dirt on the root ball that came along with it and put it in a bucket pf PH'd plain water. The trichomes are milky for the most part, but no amber that I can see.

I put it in the tent with some short ones that just got flipped today and will give it a couple of days, maybe three. I'm not really invested in how this one turns out. It sure as heck took waaaaaayyyyy too long in flower. Everything else was ready 2 weeks ago. So I guess I'm doing an experiment with this. If it weren't just cold and wet, I'd like to give it at least another full week. But I think it it will do better in the tent than it would outside. Kind of a crap shoot.
 
Similar problem here. It's some unknown sativa that isn't even frosty really, but it has a nice lemony scent. I just pulled it up and left the dirt on the root ball that came along with it and put it in a bucket pf PH'd plain water. The trichomes are milky for the most part, but no amber that I can see.

I put it in the tent with some short ones that just got flipped today and will give it a couple of days, maybe three. I'm not really invested in how this one turns out. It sure as heck took waaaaaayyyyy too long in flower. Everything else was ready 2 weeks ago. So I guess I'm doing an experiment with this. If it weren't just cold and wet, I'd like to give it at least another full week. But I think it it will do better in the tent than it would outside. Kind of a crap shoot.
How tall was it? It's taking waaayyy toooooo loooong.
 
About 7 feet high. Like I said, this is kind of a crap shoot. I've gardened a heck of a lot, and from all I know from that, being in the PH'd water with the rootball that came up on pull, it should finish out a little more at least. The roots keep drawing as long as they are not totally traumatized. We shall see.
 

Diggler420

Well-Known Member
Similar problem here. It's some unknown sativa that isn't even frosty really, but it has a nice lemony scent. I just pulled it up and left the dirt on the root ball that came along with it and put it in a bucket pf PH'd plain water. The trichomes are milky for the most part, but no amber that I can see.

I put it in the tent with some short ones that just got flipped today and will give it a couple of days, maybe three. I'm not really invested in how this one turns out. It sure as heck took waaaaaayyyyy too long in flower. Everything else was ready 2 weeks ago. So I guess I'm doing an experiment with this. If it weren't just cold and wet, I'd like to give it at least another full week. But I think it it will do better in the tent than it would outside. Kind of a crap shoot.
Keep us posted on this. I think it is an awesome idea and I appreciate you sharing it.
 
I'll let you know!

Honestly, it really seems like it should be fine. I don't want to crowd the other plants, so shooting for a few days and hoping the trichomes continue to develop.
 
The pistils are darkening up rapidly. No leaf wilt at all. Some of the trichomes are maturing. I think I will be trimming it all tomorrow. The top cola had a couple amber trichomes, so I took that and it's drying now.
 
Top Bottom