Fudo’s 2nd Run Organic Soil: Ace’s Kali China, RQS Royal Gorilla & Barney’s Acapulco Gold, QB & Cobs

Fudo Myoo

Hello again 420. This will be my 3rd grow and 3rd journal. I’m starting this one early because I have lots to do to get it going and I enjoy the ideas and help from others here.
I’m doing some upgrades to the room. The main improvement is the fan. I got a Can fan pro 6”. It’s quieter, smaller and more efficient. I’ll be buying their filter for flower too.
Today I washed the carbon for my diy filter. Smelled like perfume. Used Dawn soap because it works for everything else. Plenty of snap crackle and pop in the carbon so good. I washed & rinsed till it didn’t smell awesome anymore . I’ll top it off with new stuff and it should get me to flower.
Next on the to do list is the soil. When the carbon drys, I’ll replace it in the pool with my root balls. Re-amend then back in the bin to cook till I’m ready.
I’m also going to repaint, tile and get myself another foot of ceiling space. I’ll document as I go. Plants are going on rolling caddies this time. Rolling on tile is better than dragging on Mylar.
The strains are in the title, more on them later. I got them ordered today finally. Gave up on bitcoin and used the wife’s MasterCard.
Also I’m thinking this might go the way of a comparison grow. QB on one side cobs on the other. And maybe Vulx and no Vulx. Not a lot of extra effort and might tell us something. We’ll see.
I’ll send some invites out when I drop the seeds, till then we’ll see who stumbles across it. Welcome and please feel free to comment, advise, criticize as you see fit. Peace. :Namaste::blunt:
AD90825C-B16B-4079-8D2A-5E55A6A66ABE.jpeg
AE16829A-B028-40FE-B9C5-39ADF31560DC.jpeg
EC34D4FC-BD0E-418F-9B8B-43AC3FA555EE.jpeg
F0409EA8-0CB4-4D45-9501-2FCF97FA0D77.jpeg
4A1FCBA7-AE53-4C62-AD0E-062E8A1D6344.jpeg
E2D61641-EF92-4984-9FC0-E32E42C43766.jpeg

Best thing you can do with those "rabbit food" sized/shaped pellets of carbon material + binder is to not use them, since they're not pure, and have relatively little surface area (in comparison to the much finer/smaller stuff). But, failing that, throw it, a little bit at a time, into a pillow case or something and beat the sh!t out of it with a hammer, lol, so you can end up with much smaller pieces. Remember, it's the outside surface - and its micro-pores - that actually do the job.

On the other hand, it will force your fan to work a bit harder. Physics and all that. And you might find that you need somewhat more carbon material to fill any given volume, at least if you add a little, tamp the stuff down as well as you can, add a little, tamp the stuff down as well as you can, rinse/lather/repeat until you cannot possibly fit any more in there. But, all things considered, this is probably a good thing.

Good luck with your grow!

Best thing you can do with those "rabbit food" sized/shaped pellets of carbon material + binder is to not use them, since they're not pure, and have relatively little surface area (in comparison to the much finer/smaller stuff). But, failing that, throw it, a little bit at a time, into a pillow case or something and beat the sh!t out of it with a hammer, lol, so you can end up with much smaller pieces. Remember, it's the outside surface - and its micro-pores - that actually do the job.

On the other hand, it will force your fan to work a bit harder. Physics and all that. And you might find that you need somewhat more carbon material to fill any given volume, at least if you add a little, tamp the stuff down as well as you can, add a little, tamp the stuff down as well as you can, rinse/lather/repeat until you cannot possibly fit any more in there. But, all things considered, this is probably a good thing.

Good luck with your grow!
Thanks, yeah I thought of that and you’re right. Here’s the thing, the carbon was cheap. So to solve the problem I could do it your way with a 6” pvc or do what I did and use a 4” increasing the surface area that way. The bed is about 3” thick. I could go 4” crushed and tamped, can fan could probably handle it, idk. It did last 2.5 months as is, not a whiff. It’ll save me money on $250 can filters. From what I understand, as long as the carbon is still popping and activated, it’ll grab the molecules etc...

Checked on the carbon and it still stinks. Not as strong but it’s there. I think it’s lost some crackle too. So I filled the pool with water and Dawn and scrubbed it around. If it smells considerably less and still pops then I’ll mix in whatever new stuff I got and try it. Otherwise I’ll end up buying 2 filters. I need to have it scent free for the entire time if I’m ever going to go perpetual.

Good afternoon. We had a good rain last night. I left the pool full of carbon out in the rain and it rinsed it pretty well. Most of the strong smell is gone so I think I’ll be good for at least a month after I mix it with the remaining 15lbs or so of new stuff. I want to save as much time as possible before I have to use the Can 66.
Seeds are in transit to the ship depot, yay!:yahoo:

I grew Acopulco Gold from Barneys. Pretty good. Buds weren't huge, but super solid. The taste was very different almost like black licorice. I hope it works out for you!
Cool, thanks! That’s good news!

Well the carbon isn’t perfect but it should get me several weeks at least I hope. I mixed the new stuff with the old stuff throughout the bucket and repacked it. I tamped it in with a brick. I also smashed it a bit while it was in the pool. It’s now all ready for round 2. Next up is the soil.
96724FF2-CCB0-4799-AA41-41928B973707.jpeg
20DC9FD9-E6ED-429C-AFAB-0C14653A1E9C.jpeg

Got another project done. This should make it much easier to move the pots around.
The anteroom is done and I found the perfect spot for a veg tent. I was going to wait till I dropped the seeds for invites but I’m getting tired of talking to myself. @Emilya , @Van Stank , @nobodyhere , @InTheShed , @stoneotter, @Virgin Ground, @PCaddict. Sorry if I forgot anyone, I’ll catch up with you later. Hope to see you around.
57B65137-58F6-4BB5-A099-FFF3DBBE25F4.jpeg
962B5B4E-D4DE-4264-9C29-90027BAED980.jpeg
A2A09D85-2625-481A-BD64-F7FEC5CF1DB2.jpeg
39243DD2-5100-4BF7-B510-18972AD9DF38.jpeg

Not much going on today. I have to work all weekend so that sucks. Tomorrow morning I’ll probably get the soil cooking. I haven’t decided on the amount of amendments I’ll put back in the soil. It’s definitely getting everything that was in there the 1st time plus oyster shell flour, potash & more epsom. I’ll be throwing in all the eggshells we eat from now on too. It didn’t look like it was wanting much the 1st time around but cal mag and potassium...

I’ll be using some organic Bloom boosters of some kind. I still have some Herculean and Iguana juice left and was thinking of trying Terpinator. Any suggestions?

Not much going on today. I have to work all weekend so that sucks. Tomorrow morning I’ll probably get the soil cooking. I haven’t decided on the amount of amendments I’ll put back in the soil. It’s definitely getting everything that was in there the 1st time plus oyster shell flour, potash & more epsom. I’ll be throwing in all the eggshells we eat from now on too. It didn’t look like it was wanting much the 1st time around but cal mag and potassium...

I’ll be using some organic Bloom boosters of some kind. I still have some Herculean and Iguana juice left and was thinking of trying Terpinator. Any suggestions?
I'm weak in that area Fudo.

Good morning! Well I’m not entirely surprised that the liquid nails did not stick. Plastic is the only thing on the tube that wasn’t listed. Like what doesn’t stick to plastic lol. Anyway, not only did it not adhere, it wiped right off lol. So they’re going back. I ordered 4 15.5” with 5 wheels and they’re supposed to hold 165lbs. They were $50. More than I wanted to spend but they’ll be much easier to deal with. I can get rid of the green pans altogether. Wish I would have seen them before.

I sliced the bottom 3rd off each pot, chopped the patties up and put them in the bin.

The rest of it went in the woods along with about 8gal of super soil that had all the tea bags mixed in. That has to be hot! I wasn’t sure how much of whatever was in it but it was a lot. Just to be safe, I’m using only what’s in the pots. I’ll use that hot stuff mixed in with what’s left of the root balls as a top dress for my Japanese Maple and the Red Bud I just planted. I’ll buy new soil for the top 2/3 of the bags. I just don’t have the room for another bin of soil.

And there’s my 21gal bin of super soil. Lots of decomposing roots. I’ll dump it back in the pool tomorrow and re-amend it I’ll spend my free time today calculating amounts. I got oyster shell and langbienite on the way.
E9903FE6-B7CC-43D3-9EE3-1DECFE80C1AA.jpeg
36A45855-1562-4762-B90B-34936D53EF34.jpeg
399F0C85-3C3D-4322-BBCD-1CBE9DC0BE4D.jpeg
5A9EC855-7057-4C48-B03A-6198C4C11434.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom