Fuel D.OG, Hydroponics, By Gwhunran 2023

Fuel D.OG by Seedsman

Fuel D.OG is the result of crossing two renowned and very popular US strains, namely Chemdog (Sour Diesel x OG Kush) and Fuel OG (Diesel x HeadBand). Fuel D.OG is 70% sativa, 30% indica, and has very good yield potential both indoors and outdoors. THC production is also very high.

Fuel D.OG builds on the Chemdog legacy by being much more robust, having a far more intense flavor profile and also developing a larger calyx structure than Chemdog. Its robustness is exemplified by a much thicker main stem that is strong enough not to require any support during the later flowering stage despite its high degree of sativa stretch. Large spear-shaped buds surround the main stem. Outdoors, cultivation results in plants that can grow up to 350 cm. tall in optimum conditions.

When grown indoors Fuel D.OG produces yields between 450 - 600 gr/m2 in 65 - 70 days of flowering with generous quantities of resin already clearly noticeable in the developing buds during the third week of florescence. The height can be controlled indoors by switching to flowering once plants are established and also by employing the SCRoG method. Outdoors, each plant can produce 700 - 800 gr. of large, sticky buds with northern hemisphere harvests ready at the beginning of October. Its large trichomes, concentration of terpenes and sheer quality of its resin help to make this a very serious proposition for extract/concentrate makers.

Fuel D.OG has a more intense OG Kush flavor than its Chemdog parent revealing pronounced diesel with citric lemon and grapefruit scents. THC content is very high, having been lab-tested at 22.8%, with low amounts of CBD. The effect is intensely relaxing evolving into a long-lasting narcotic state making it perhaps best left until the evening or for lazy days with no pressing tasks.

Breeder/Brand
Seedsman
Genetics
Chemdog (Sour Diesel x OG Kush) and Fuel OG (|Diesel x HeadBand)
Variety
Mostly Sativa
Flowering Type
Photoperiod
Sex
Feminised
THC Content
22.8%
CBD Content %
Low (0-1%)
Yield
Indoors: 450 - 600 gr/m2; Outdoors: 700 - 800 gr/plant
Taste/Flavour
Citrus|Diesel|Grapefruit|Kush|Lemon
Effect
Powerful|Relaxing|Sedative|Stoned
Flowering Time
65 - 70 days
Plant Height
Up to 350 cm. outdoors

Fuel D.OG logo.JPG

Fuel D.OG

Five Fuel D.OG seeds were planted in rapid rooter pods one week ago today. All five have sprouted and enough roots were sticking through the pods that I decided to move them into the DIY DWC (deep water culture) to establish and put out roots before moving them into their final home in the flood and drain tray.
I use about 2.5 gallons of nuted water PHed to 5.5-6.0. I aslo added a little hydrogard to be safe. I am using a small tent and a four bulb 2' t5 fixture for lighting.

FuelD (3).JPG

5 of 5 Fuel D.OG seeds sprouted in rapid rooter pods. One week from seed planting.

DWC tupperware (2).JPG

The little DIY DWC tupperware, nuted and PHed, ready of little ones

FuelD (2).JPG

Net pots with clay pebbles added to desired level before adding plants.

FuelD (4).JPG

Plants added to net pots and topped up with clay pebbles. Light measured 15k lux at plant tops. Light will be lowered after a short adjustment time.
I will only be able to use four of these in the flood and drain so one will have to be pulled and planted in soil. I will gift it to a friend to be grown on a sacred mountain.

Thanks West. I hope to keep them in the little DIY DWC for another week before moving them into the big room. It may be hard picking four. Four of them look exactly the same at this stage, while one of them has a little wider leaves.
Would you pick the four that look alike?

Thanks West. I hope to keep them in the little DIY DWC for another week before moving them into the big room. It may be hard picking four. Four of them look exactly the same at this stage, while one of them has a little wider leaves.
Would you pick the four that look alike?
For the level canopy, four of the same . The big leaf one surly you have a place for it .

I don't have much light in the yard. I've got big oaks that kinda keep everything in the shade. I do have a friend that will take them off my hands.
I will have fun with this one. In the write up it talks about outdoor heights of 300 something centimeters. My inches and feet mind had no idea that was 10 something feet. :oops:

Fuel D.OG
Day 5 in a hydro tray, veg.

Four of five plants were moved into their final home in a hydroponic flood and drain tray.
The reservoir was loaded with GH three part nutrients for 17gal, plants at the Seedling stage. A small amount of Cal-mag+ was added. It was PHed to 5-5-6.0.

Light was set to 30" and set to 20k lux at the tray top. Power level less than 200w out of 600w

Room AC is in operation.

Grow room information.

3'x3' flood and drain tray with fitted pvc top cover.
pvc scrog frame with two levels. one fixed the other variable
17 gallon tote reservoir. doubled up
smallest flow rate water pump I could find
15-20 gallon aquarium heater (used during cold months)
35w air pump running 3 stones and two weighted tubes

600w variable LED light (HLG600R)

Wall mounted AC

De-humidifier when needed

Exhaust fan controlled by Inkbird device when needed

2nd inkbird device for electric oil radiator type heater when needed

FDOG Day 4 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 5 in a hyro tray, Day one in the flood and drain. Veg.

FDOG Day 4 veg (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 5 in a hyro tray, 1st day in flood and drain. Veg.

Fuel D.OG
Day 6 veg.

Everything running normally.

Added GH three part liquid nutrients recommended for 50% Early Growth in 17 gallons.
The reservoir PH is checked and PH down is added as needed. PH 5.5-6.0

FDOG Day 6 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 6 veg.

FDOG Day 6 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 6 veg.

Fuel D.OG
Day 8 veg.

Small amounts of PH down being added during bi daily checks to keep PH in the 5.5-6.0 range.

Added more GH three part liquid nutes to bring reservoir concentration up to 75% of recommended amounts for 17 gallons in Early Growth.

Tulip open (4).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 8 veg.

Fuel D.OG
Day 10 veg.

Small amounts of PH down are being added daily to keep PH in 5.5-6.0 range. About 5ml.

Additional amounts of GH three part liquid nutes were added to the 17gal reservoir to bring the expected level up to 100% recommended for Early Growth.

LIghting- height unchanged at 30" from pvc tray cover, power level 300w/600w, measured at tray cover equals 30k lux.

FDOG Day 10 veg (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 10 veg.

FDOG Day 10 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 10 veg.

Fuel D.OG
Day 12 veg.

Reservoir is at 100% of GH three part liquid nutes recommended for 17 gallons in Early Growth.

Light is unchanged at 30" from pvc tray cover. 300w/600w measures 30k lux at pvc tray cover.

Hoping the wind storm doesn't knock out the power. Indoor hydro doesn't work too well without it.

FDOG Day 12 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG day 12 veg.

FDOG Day 12 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG day 12 veg.

Would love to! Here are the 2 Fuel D.OGs up front. I have 2 Memory Loss that i got from a local dispensary in the back. I was planning on putting these outdoor this summer but I started them way too early so decided to flower them instead.

The 2 Fuel D.OGs are up front, two different seeds and they look identical. I flipped them on March 23 when they were at the first level of wire, so 10 days ago. Started really showing flowers 5 days after on the 28th. Going to wait another week or two until they are done growing to do some defoliation.
Fuel D.OG 2 weeks flower.JPG
Fuel D.OG 2 weeks flower2.JPG
Fuel D.OG 2 weeks flower3.JPG
Memory Loss 2 weeks flower.JPG

Would love to! Here are the 2 Fuel D.OGs up front. I have 2 Memory Loss that i got from a local dispensary in the back. I was planning on putting these outdoor this summer but I started them way too early so decided to flower them instead.

The 2 Fuel D.OGs are up front, two different seeds and they look identical. I flipped them on March 23 when they were at the first level of wire, so 10 days ago. Started really showing flowers 5 days after on the 28th. Going to wait another week or two until they are done growing to do some defoliation.
Fuel D.OG 2 weeks flower.JPG
Fuel D.OG 2 weeks flower2.JPG
Fuel D.OG 2 weeks flower3.JPG
Memory Loss 2 weeks flower.JPG
Thank you. It looks like Fuel D.OG will be be a monster strain.

Are they still stretching?

I look forward to following along with your progress. Do you have a journal on here?

Fuel D. OG
Day 14 veg.

Everything's running normally, no issues.

Plants are coming right along. The one on the right is a little off color and has some misshapen leaves. One of the Vanilla Kush plants I grew last year, started out that way and grew out of it.

I still have the 5th plant going in the DIY DWC in the little tent. It looks about like the others here, maybe a little smaller.
My intent was/is to keep it as a spare as long as possible and that time is running out.
I have some vegetable seeds going that will be potted in soil and grown in the tent until mid May, when the threat of frost is negligible. The 5th plant will be planted in a container and join the vegetables until, it's re-homed.

Fuel D OG Day 14 veg (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 14 veg.

Fuel D OG Day 14 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 14 veg.

There's always one that doesn't want to be like the others. Hopefully she grows out of it soon.

Back
Top Bottom