Full spectrum LED questions

Newtothis4208

Hey everyone I'm new to growing and this is my 1st post.. I'm starting my 2nd grow and am curious about the full spectrum light bulbs. Anyone have any experience with them? I'm running 6 t5 lights and 4 100 watt daylight LED lights. My last grow did pretty good off these lights but I've been reading about the full spectrum led panels and wondering if it's worth it. Here's a pic to show my baby's. 1st Green crack, 1 chocolope, 1 reveg of girl scout cookie and 2 seedlings I took over for a friend.
420-magazine-mobile1184834598.jpg

The full spectrum LEDs are definitely worth it. You just have to decide what fits your needs and budget. You get what you pay for and a lot of light companies can be misleading. Do your LED homework and a lot of grow light sites have discount codes. I refuse to pay full price for anything. Have you checked out any LED lights of 2017 vids?

The full spectrum LEDs are definitely worth it. You just have to decide what fits your needs and budget. You get what you pay for and a lot of light companies can be misleading. Do your LED homework and a lot of grow light sites have discount codes. I refuse to pay full price for anything. Have you checked out any LED lights of 2017 vids?
Yeah I've been looking into them but I just grow a few for personal. I've been reading alot about them and think I'm gonna suck it up and spend the money. Lol.

There are some LEDs that can do super well especially in veg. Look for the ones that have white LEDs since those will do the best right now. The purple LED grow lights are kind of outdated since they miss colors that plants need. Sometimes you can find LEDs with a hybrid of the purple and white LED chips and those are pretty good.

Good LEDs are pricy but if you think about it a good one will last you like 10 years!!

When looking for "full spectrum" LED keep one thing in mind, PAR measures from 400nm-700nm, a lot of LED's listed as "full spectrum" don't actually cover the full range. A lot of the cheap LEDs start at 420nm, so you're missing the 400-420 range, and end around the 660nm range, so you'e missing up to 700nm, UV/IR cover these lower blues and higher reds which a lot of the cheaper ones don't come with, so try to find ones that include both UV/IR.

and led bulbs guys do the job!!i tried with 3 30 watts led bulbs for 10 euros each..One 4000k,one 6500k and one at 2100k and the results were faaaar better than the same wats with cfl!!!I didnt have the money for a panel so i tried my luck and finally for 35 euros i did a really good job..whats your opinion,how many of led ulbs would u use?for me everyone who uses cfl MUST do this experiment,he will earn a lot ;-)

Sorry guys things been crazy I run led bulbs in some shop lights and then some full spectrum leds that I've been just doing to experiment with. So far I'm pleased with them since I only spent about 10$ per bulb. I've been reading about bigger growers using both full spectrum and hps/mh so that's what I'll switch to next grow. I've found some that have the 400-700 nm for a decent price. Tomorrow marks the the start of week 4 of flowering. I've also been using fox farm tiger bloom since the start of week 2 in flower and tomorrow I'll be adding fox farm beasties bloomz. I only do half strength of tiger bloom and will drop to 1/4 strength of both tomorrow. I'll get a few pictures in the morning to show how they are looking and the type of lights I'm running.

Here's the few pics of my beautiful babies.. today is the start of a new week and down to the home stretch before I rip my pretty girls out and set them on fire lol...

420-magazine-mobile448250072.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1925406740.jpg

420-magazine-mobile310195883.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1957476115.jpg

420-magazine-mobile427429259.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2088248868.jpg

420-magazine-mobile730714919.jpg

Back
Top Bottom