Fungus gnat in DWC?

Psilosinner

Noticed last night little gnat like bugs flying out of my res during change. They are 52 days old (13 days into bloom nutes). pH and ppm have been steady throughout grow with res temps ranging in low 70s. Every res change at 7-10 days it gets hydroguard and Z7 with additional boost of Z7 every 3-4 days.

Was thinking fungus gnats aren't possible in DWC but clearly it is as I see videos on YouTube and threads here.

Is this a fungus gnat?
IMG_513612.JPG

Yeah man I despise fungus gnats for sure Mosquito Bits also sprinkle a few into you res and they will break down the fungus gnat large will eat it and die!! Also put up sticky traps to catch the adults!! So they don't lay more eggs each female can lay like 1000 eggs in her 2 week life time!!! They take over slowly but after a month you have thousands eating away at you roots all in different stages of life!! You need to kill the larvae-Adult to get rid of them!!!! Good luck!!!! Get some PEROXIDE !!! Start there!!! 1 cup to 1 gallon

No need for peroxide. That will kill beneficial bacteria. But mosquito bits or dunks will work. Sticky papers for adults too.

I went to add water to my dwc bubble system and these lil mofos (Fungus Gnats) is what they look like after doing a bit of research. They are in my hempwool I have a 1/4 inch of clay pebbles then the hemp wool then I filled all around and on top so there was no light exposure. How are they getting in if they don't go through the wool? Is there to much moisture from the air bubbles?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 7B4A94A1-F7EA-46BB-A655-AD08C206A685.png
    7B4A94A1-F7EA-46BB-A655-AD08C206A685.png
    873.9 KB · Views: 89
OK, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone. I simply just want to know for my own sake.
I hear someone saying Azamax is poison & never use it, etc...
So why do you guys say this when it says on the label that's what it's used for ?
Why is it that you wouldn't use it ?
Does it do something to the plants or what ?
I have no experience with the product.

Doug, the shit makes bugs all jacked up and not able to eat or reproduce. You can make it into a foliar Or root drench. Do what you want, you don’t have to listen to me. I am just sharing what was suggested to me, and I was just trying to help. Why you being a jerk? You know fungus gnats eat the roots. It actually says fungus gnats first when it’s taking about the soil drench. I used the stuff for spider mites and it worked. Haven’t had problems for a year now. Good luck bro

Back
Top Bottom