Fungus gnat prevention

I've used beneficial nematodes for about a year now and have no bugs what so ever...............

Copied from; Use Beneficial Nematodes to Combat Insect Pests | Gardener's Path

BENEFITS
Nematodes are so safe that the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) waived them from needing to be a registered product for pest management, because they occur naturally and do not demand any kind of genetic modification or manipulation.

They are an amazing alternative to conventional pesticides, and they are safe for use around your kids, your pets, and the beneficial insects in your garden like earthworms and ladybugs.
The effects of nematode applications occur over time rather than setting in immediately. The first host insects will begin to die within 36-48 hours.
Once they begin feeding and mature, the nematodes will begin reproducing. They will continue to hunt and stay active in your garden, unless they run out of food or experience a temperature interruption.

Hello I recently noticed these little black flys flying around my plants that look like fruit flys I now know they are fungus gnats I read the main cause of fungus gnats is over watering and a wet medium, my medium is coco I thort you wer ment to water every day if not multiple times a day with coco and high frequency fertigation and what not so how do I get rid of the gnats if my medium it constantly wet and prevent them from coming back once I finally get rid of them, I went and aquired a yellow sticky trap and 200ml bottle of hydrogen peroxide but not shure how much to mix with water or if I need to ph the water im mixing it with I have read this will kill the lave as this is what I'm worried most about they feed on the small hairs on your roots and stunt growth I think it was and umong other things not good wer the actual flying gnats I'm hoping the yellow traps will do the trick any help would be much appreciated thank you.
Get one of those mosquito pucks, put it in you water can, leave it overnight and water all your plants. The bacteria will kill the larvae

I had a bit of an issue with fungus gnats on my first grow (granted it was a soil grow, not coco; but still) after reamending my soil with some neem meal, I definitely noticed an immediate elimination of the gnats

I was previously using the sticky traps, but that was only controlling (ish) the population, not really preventing (or helping much)

Obviously you're not always at the stage where you can reamend with the neem meal , but especially for subsequent grows, I highly recommend mixing a small amount of neem meal through your mix. The azadirachtin and other things in the neem really help with th bugs. Diatomaceous earth (sprinkled around the surface of your medium) will also go a long way for drying and decimating populations of hard-bodied bugs while also giving your plants a nice source of silica

I've used beneficial nematodes for about a year now and have no bugs what so ever...............

Copied from; Use Beneficial Nematodes to Combat Insect Pests | Gardener's Path

BENEFITS
Nematodes are so safe that the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) waived them from needing to be a registered product for pest management, because they occur naturally and do not demand any kind of genetic modification or manipulation.

They are an amazing alternative to conventional pesticides, and they are safe for use around your kids, your pets, and the beneficial insects in your garden like earthworms and ladybugs.
The effects of nematode applications occur over time rather than setting in immediately. The first host insects will begin to die within 36-48 hours.
Once they begin feeding and mature, the nematodes will begin reproducing. They will continue to hunt and stay active in your garden, unless they run out of food or experience a temperature interruption.
Wow that was an interesting read I never heard of nematodes but will definatly look in to it a bit more haha those nematodes reminded me of the venom movie haha verry interesting but thanks

It needs to be BTI not just BT.
BT is for caterpillars, BTI is for skeeters and fungus gnats.
Yep. A bit more reading made me go back for more reading. There are some gardening sites that will recommend watering with Bt as one way to go which is what I remember from before. You are right, though, use Bti since it is specifically meant for gnats and mosquitoes.

After a quick trip to the store this morning I have some of the Dunks since they were out of the Bits. The Mosquito Bits are the same stuff as the Dunks but are granular and do not cost as much. I plan on getting the Bits when they are back in stock or at the next store I visit, whichever comes first. I also saw a couple of websites that said that the Mosquito Dunks and Bits do not have a best by date. The stuff lasts forever it would seem. Which works for me since I can use it in bird baths and my buckets that are used to capture rain water.

Here is some basic info on using the Bits including measuring. The last paragraph of the first page of the pdf recommends 2 tablespoons per 1/2 gallon water.

I don't know if that is what it says on a bottle of the Bits but will find out one day soon.

Enjoy the day.

Thanks for sharing...Going into my first grow don't think Id be to this point without several months checking out threads on 420 and other resources, including books on iBooks.
Thanks for sharing...Going into my first grow don't think Id be to this point without several months checking out threads on 420 and other resources, including books on iBooks.
@

@Silverfox125 that's a good site that's my go to when I get stuck with anything and they got a good section on how to diagnose sick plants, it's help me more times than not that's the forum I was on before I discoverd 420 Mag!!! Peace out growmies

@

@Silverfox125 that's a good site that's my go to when I get stuck with anything and they got a good section on how to diagnose sick plants, it's help me more times than not that's the forum I was on before I discoverd 420 Mag!!! Peace out growmies

WTF HAPPEND!!!

Back
Top Bottom