Fungus Gnats,everybody's favorite!

mcgonzo

420 Member
Just doing a little research on these little annoying pests.I thought they were mostly beneficial for being great decomposers but read that they will chew on plant roots too.I have been using a mix of Miracle Grow moisture control potting soil mixed with 1/4 Black Cow composted cow manure adding a little dolomite to each container for the Ca and Mg in fabric grow bags plus I use Bio-Guard bacteria soil enhancer for initial watering and every 2 weeks afterwards.I switched from MG synthetic chemical fertilizer to Alaskan pelletized 4-6-6 Tomato food.Indoors I was afraid of using the liquid version of Alaskan because of the odor. Anyways,the Alaska pellets are working well...no odor,lush growth...Trying to do this semi-organic...MG potting mix does use/have a timed released chemical fertilizer added similar to Osmocote...On a budget it's the cheapest method I have found.Sorry about the long thread/post,just want you to know what is going on.Now the climax!..Fungus Gnats love this mixture!...Any suggestions?.....I read that Bacillus thuringiensis will control these,organic too...Anyone have any other ideas?...peace everyone,keep up the great posts!

My suggestion is to throw everything at it: Bt, DE, neem oil, fly traps. I had three plants get stunted by a bad infestation. This is a big reason I switche to Hempy.
Flamethrower, napalm, hades bombs......

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

I used BT early and basically knocked them out. I will just mix in BT from this point on.

DE= Diatomaceous Earth, for those that do not know.

Wow...having an Ak48 moment...nuke em' till they glow!...organically of course...BT should work.Hope this thread keeps going.Hope I'm on the right thread?duh?Netflix time,love and peace everyone...

Back
Top Bottom