420 Magazine Background

Fuzzy1981's Fox Farm Ocean Forrest Northern Lights 2019

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017

weenmeoff

Photo of the Month: June 2018 - Nug of the Month: November 2018
Hey Fuzzy! Sorry, I meant to give you the low down on dry and cure.

If possible chop both plants at same time so you'll have a place to dry them, unless you have an extra tent with exhaust fan and other things to help control temp and rh. If you have to chop separate and don't have extra tent, you can use a car board box, one big enough to hang all the buds. You do NOT want a fan blowing on the buds as they will dry too fast but you do want your exhaust fan goi g to take out excess rh. You want temps around 60-65 and rh between 50-60. I check mine often and make adjustments. It should take between 4-10 days, mine have always been 4-5 but the slower the dry the better. So about day 4 or 5, buds will feel dry on the outside but still have a bit of a bounce when you squeeze them, stems should not fully snap (too dry) but almost. When dry, you'll put in jars or some use turkey bags which I can't speak to except that you can fit a lot in them, with those little hygrometers that you can pick up at a pet store in the reptile section, I only have 3 but should get more. So ideal rh of dried buds ready for cure is 62 so when you first put in jars they should be at least 62 but no more than 70. If above 62, you will burp the jars 2 times per day for a week or until rh stabilizes at 62, to burp you are simply opening the jars for 15-30 minutes, I like to give em a good shake so air gets around the jars and don't pack too tight, I used to take out of the jars but that's a huge PITA. Do not dry too much, apparently if you let them get below 55 the cure will stop, something I read from highly respected grower. You can add the 62% boveda or boost packs, they bring rh up or down to stabilize at 62.

I think that covers it. Maybe Penny will add or can speak to the turkey bags. Let us know if you have any questions.

:48:

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017
The turkey bags are air tight like a jar but you can put more n the bag. Easier to burp 1 bag rather than 4-5 jars.

weenmeoff

The turkey bags are air tight like a jar but you can put more n the bag. Easier to burp 1 bag rather than 4-5 jars.
Simple as that or do you put the bags in a 5 gallon bucket too?

Any concern about the bags being plastic/are they plastic?

I kind of want to try but I like my jars.

Pennywise

Pennywise

Pennywise

weenmeoff

Hey Fuzzy! Congrats on the mighty fine harvest. I'd venture a guess of about 6 zips when dry. That's pretty great.

If it's for your head, you don't need to get that detailed on the trim. A few days before harvest I start plucking the fan leaves so theres less to do on harvest day. Then I quickly trim the rest, n9t concerned about bag appeal and all of those sugar leaves are covered with thc goodness. Plus you'll get better with practice. Trim jail really sucks!

Fuzzy1981

Hey Fuzzy! Congrats on the mighty fine harvest. I'd venture a guess of about 6 zips when dry. That's pretty great.

If it's for your head, you don't need to get that detailed on the trim. A few days before harvest I start plucking the fan leaves so theres less to do on harvest day. Then I quickly trim the rest, n9t concerned about bag appeal and all of those sugar leaves are covered with thc goodness. Plus you'll get better with practice. Trim jail really sucks!

trim jail is the perfect way to describe it, im going to give it a few more days before i harvest the critical mass, my thumb is pretty sore from using spring loaded clippers for ten and a half hours on the first one.

Top Bottom