Fuzzy1981's Fox Farm Ocean Forrest Northern Lights 2019

i have high hopes for that one, the buds extend down well below the leaves and the whole thing is covered fully in buds with no stem showing now. they are still small buds but i think it's going to get pretty big. i would say that it's at least a foot and a half of bud.
if i think of it, i'll measure it when i water it tommorow to know exactly how tall it is.

day 101 did a cationic drench on the northern lights today, frosting up pretty good.
DSC07470.JPG
DSC07471.JPG
DSC07472.JPG
DSC07473.JPG

day 102 still doing good, was having a little bit little bit of a humidity issue below the canopy, it was getting up to 80 percent at the highest. there is a little vent door down at the bottom of the tent so i opened that up to help let out some humidity. seems to have worked alright. it's only been about 8 hours, but i reset the highs and lows on my humidity checkers, and i'll know better tommorow. worse case scenario i'll move the outake ducting down to the bottom of the tent below the canopy and that should suck out the humidity (at least in theory) what do you guys think? so far with the vent door open at the bottom of the tent it has dropped the humidity to 40 percent.
DSC07474.JPG
DSC07475.JPG
DSC07476.JPG
DSC07477.JPG

day 102 still doing good, was having a little bit little bit of a humidity issue below the canopy, it was getting up to 80 percent at the highest. there is a little vent door down at the bottom of the tent so i opened that up to help let out some humidity. seems to have worked alright. it's only been about 8 hours, but i reset the highs and lows on my humidity checkers, and i'll know better tommorow. worse case scenario i'll move the outake ducting down to the bottom of the tent below the canopy and that should suck out the humidity (at least in theory) what do you guys think? so far with the vent door open at the bottom of the tent it has dropped the humidity to 40 percent.
DSC07474.JPG
DSC07475.JPG
DSC07476.JPG
DSC07477.JPG

Is there a fan down there? Can we see what it looks like? The vent door is good but you can't leave that open at lights out. Not sure about moving the exhaust duct down there either.

day 103. i got the pics of the grow tent set up, and will post them now. i had to tie up two of the tallest colas on the critical mass the were leaning, and swaying a good bit when i leaned very slightly into them to adjust the light. when i tied up, and straightened the colas they were alot closer to the light with about 4 to 6 inches in between. so i raised the light up as far as it will go now. im very paranoid about branches breaking off after reading that the buds grow so large on critical mass that they commonly snap branches due to the weight. so there are probably going to be more strings seemingly randomly tied off to support the branches.
DSC07478.JPG
DSC07479.JPG
DSC07480.JPG
DSC07482.JPG
DSC07486.JPG
DSC07487.JPG
DSC07488.JPG
DSC07489.JPG
DSC07490.JPG

ween
NL is ready for sure but CM is not. You could give cats to NL or wait until CM is ready. It's really up to you. Is CM a sativa? Sure looks like sativa bud structure.
ever since you mentioned this, i cant help but wonder why the buds are forming on 2 sativa plants so differently. the critical mass is 20 percent sativa and the the northern lights is 10 percent i believe. not a whole lot of a difference percentage wise.

Not sure but different phenos could explain part of it. I haven't grown a lot of sativas but most I see on here are stacked like your CM. Those are gonna be some monster colas!

I would give those girls a very good trimming down low. All that little stuff that will never amount to much. Many strip everything below 5 or 6 nodes. I never can bring myself to go that far but I do shave their legs pretty good. That will direct energy to the tops and will allow for better air flow.

:passitleft:

I keep a small fan under the canopy to move air up towards my exhaust. In a larger grow area, I even add a second fan underneath just to keep air moving in all areas. Never directly on the girls, but I want air flowing all around them.
that is a really good idea. i forgot about the crappy little aligator clamp fan i got with my grow ace tent. i stopped using it because it was not strong enough to move larger branches around. but it's perfect for this application. thanks for the idea!

day 104 still doing good, i noticed about four leaves have a little bit of burnt edges on them, im assuming from the cationic drench but really four leaves total is not bad at all. and the northern lights stigmas are starting to turn orange and red. so it's getting closer to harvest time, speaking of which. they say that it's not uncommon for leaves to start turning yellow when it gets close to harvest, about when should i expect to see the leaves start to yellow?
DSC07491.JPG
DSC07492.JPG
DSC07493.JPG
DSC07494.JPG
DSC07495.JPG

ugh, caught a cold, didn't feel like watering them this morning since they are down in a cold basement and i had the chills real bad. but i got them took care of. i guess one thing to be greatful for is that i didn't get sick untill after i got home from my last day of work, and i have the next four days off. not exactly how i want to spend my days off, but beats the hell out of being sick at work.

day 105, just did a foliar feeding. it's been six weeks today since i switched to a 12/12 light schedule. the critical mass buds are starting to catch up in size to the northern lights. i've noticed a good amount of growth on them over the past few days especially on the tallest cola. we have already got a half foot of snow since four p.m. and it is still going strong.
DSC07497.JPG
DSC07498.JPG
DSC07499.JPG
DSC07500.JPG
DSC07501.JPG

Back
Top Bottom