Fuzzy1981's Fox Farm Ocean Forrest Northern Lights 2019

Preferably a local nursery. If you don't have one, check the big box stores garden center and last resort is online.

How many days since flip?
no local nursery's unfortunately. where i live we don't have much of anything. the nearest starbucks is over a hundred miles away. i'll check in the gardening center at walmart, lowes, and menards. but thats pretty much it for big box stores all the others have closed. It has been 51 days now since i flipped the lights, there still doing good.

Look good and they still have lots of swelling to do yet.
Thank you. im glad you told me they still have some growing to do, i was thinking the northern lights were getting close to being done. since this is my first grow im not really sure when to expect them to be done. and any help with knowing when they are getting close, (or when they are not close) is greatly appreciated. i worry i might think they are ready for harvest way before they are ready.

day 113 the critical mass is still packing on the buds and getting visibly bigger. im quite happy with the way it's shaping up.
DSC07525.JPG
DSC07526.JPG
DSC07527.JPG
DSC07528.JPG

Hey Fuzzy! Killing it bud! Lo ooo king fantastic! Like Penny said, you'll get the hang of the scope. Do you have the kind that takes pics? Suggestion, take samples and check trichs on them then dry out and sample. If you grow the strain again it'll give you an idea of when to chop.

In addition to trichs, you want to see the white pistils turn mostly red/brownish and you'll notice they'll slow down drinking. I've tajen a lot of my plants right around 70 days post flip. Some sativas will go well past that.

Maybe snip a couple fans to allow for good air flow...?

Natural light pics please. Show those girls off! :yummy:

Hey Fuzzy! Killing it bud! Lo ooo king fantastic! Like Penny said, you'll get the hang of the scope. Do you have the kind that takes pics? Suggestion, take samples and check trichs on them then dry out and sample. If you grow the strain again it'll give you an idea of when to chop.

In addition to trichs, you want to see the white pistils turn mostly red/brownish and you'll notice they'll slow down drinking. I've tajen a lot of my plants right around 70 days post flip. Some sativas will go well past that.

Maybe snip a couple fans to allow for good air flow...?

Natural light pics please. Show those girls off! :yummy:
the northern lights pistils are almost completely red. i have not been able to get a good look at it with the microscope yet. it inverts everything. up is down, left is right. and makes it very hard to stay at a perfect distance away. i did finally get a good look at the critical mass trichomes. they are all clear at the time being. none of the pistils have turned red on it yet.

A day or so usually
awesome it's already been over 24 hours. hopefully they will be smokeable tommorow. i cut off one of the sugar leafs to check the trichomes (my hands are to shaky for that microscope. i had to put it on the table so i could see clearly) it looks like a little over half the trichomes are cloudy and i counted about 3 or 4 trichomes that were red. what percentage of trichomes do i want to be cloudy before i harvest?

Back
Top Bottom