Fuzzy1981's Fox Farm Ocean Forrest Northern Lights 2019

just got done watering them. the critical mass is always in need of more water than the northern lights. in fact since they have been on the same water schedule i haven't seen the northern lights droop once. i'll get natural light pics up soon and then it may be time to decide if the northern lights is ready for harvest. drying and curing tips for a beginner would be most appreciated. Thanks all!
DSC07554.JPG
DSC07555.JPG
DSC07556.JPG
DSC07557.JPG
DSC07558.JPG
DSC07559.JPG

sorry for being so late to update lately. it just felt like i was posting the same photos day after day with neglible growth so i figured to keep it from
That's a ball bat of a colas!
heh :) im getting pretty stoked for the harvest. the buds are 100% covered in trichomes on the northern lights. and im am so ready to try the final product of one plant. the critical mass still has weeks to go im sure. almost none of the pistils have turned red. if i had to guess i would say about one half of one percent has turned on it so far. these things are bending branches to their breaking point already.

I can give advice on dry and cure. First question, do you have a full size or small fridge you could dedicate to drying for 2ish weeks? Meaning no food or anything in it.
I can give advice on dry and cure. First question, do you have a full size or small fridge you could dedicate to drying for 2ish weeks? Meaning no food or anything in it.
unfortunately no. we have the main fridge and a chest freezer and both are stocked full. my wife used to have a mini fridge but she sold that a while ago. i wish she wouldn't have, it would have been great to keep cold beer down in the man cave rather than running upstairs to get it.

Oh, bummer. I would have reccommended a low and slow dry as its my go to now because it really retains the terpenes so you get the best tasting weed.

I'll post the regular drying method later.

:passitleft:
[/
Oh, bummer. I would have reccommended a low and slow dry as its my go to now because it really retains the terpenes so you get the best tasting weed.

I'll post the regular drying method later.

Thanks man, I appreciate all the help with every thing!

ok the wife is getting the pics sent over to my computer now i'll have them posted in a bit. hit a pothole on the way home from grocery shopping so hard that it blew out one of my new snow tires :eye-roll::eye-roll: our state needs to get it's shit together and fix the damn roads. that was hands down the biggest pothole i have ever hit. then got to change a tire in the pitch black because i didn't have a flashlight in that vehicle. atleast i had the hydraulic jack in the car though that made things a bit easier.

however looking on the bright side of things i am buying a new fishing boat tommorow. i finally found a 16 foot deep v. comes with the trailer and a 20 hp mercury motor. and a live well and fishing rod lockers. best yet is it has actual seats to sit in, as opposed to those miserable metal bench seats that are about a foot tall. that old boat of mine was very uncomfortable to sit in. so off to eagle river wisconsin tommorow to pick it up :yahoo: i'll post some pics of it on saturday.

Hey Fuzzy! Sorry, I meant to give you the low down on dry and cure.

If possible chop both plants at same time so you'll have a place to dry them, unless you have an extra tent with exhaust fan and other things to help control temp and rh. If you have to chop separate and don't have extra tent, you can use a car board box, one big enough to hang all the buds. You do NOT want a fan blowing on the buds as they will dry too fast but you do want your exhaust fan goi g to take out excess rh. You want temps around 60-65 and rh between 50-60. I check mine often and make adjustments. It should take between 4-10 days, mine have always been 4-5 but the slower the dry the better. So about day 4 or 5, buds will feel dry on the outside but still have a bit of a bounce when you squeeze them, stems should not fully snap (too dry) but almost. When dry, you'll put in jars or some use turkey bags which I can't speak to except that you can fit a lot in them, with those little hygrometers that you can pick up at a pet store in the reptile section, I only have 3 but should get more. So ideal rh of dried buds ready for cure is 62 so when you first put in jars they should be at least 62 but no more than 70. If above 62, you will burp the jars 2 times per day for a week or until rh stabilizes at 62, to burp you are simply opening the jars for 15-30 minutes, I like to give em a good shake so air gets around the jars and don't pack too tight, I used to take out of the jars but that's a huge PITA. Do not dry too much, apparently if you let them get below 55 the cure will stop, something I read from highly respected grower. You can add the 62% boveda or boost packs, they bring rh up or down to stabilize at 62.

I think that covers it. Maybe Penny will add or can speak to the turkey bags. Let us know if you have any questions.

The turkey bags are air tight like a jar but you can put more n the bag. Easier to burp 1 bag rather than 4-5 jars.

Simple as that or do you put the bags in a 5 gallon bucket too?

Any concern about the bags being plastic/are they plastic?

I kind of want to try but I like my jars.

Back
Top Bottom