Fuzzy's - Fast Version by Sweet Seeds

Not sure how I missed your journal brother, but all caught up and looking righteous!!

:high-five:

Welcome aboard Ultra :thumb:

Ye i don't keep to many new journals these days i'm afraid, in less something new is going on or a change of tactics !

I'm not to sure about this strain at present ? & whether i may continue a 2nd grow of such fast versions ?

Its a yield thing really & by the looks of things, which makes me question stuff, but i'll see how it turns out just a little niggle feeling ?

Mildly caught me of guard tho :thumb:

But on the bright side of stuff & if i'm not happy with this it may well bring on a flux style of grow sooner than expected to which i may hope i have new kit for.

yeah I got the seeds from barney's... supposed to be a cross of G-13 X Chem Dawg ... and coming in @ 25% THC

so, we'll see... cheers mate :thumb:

End of week 6 & the first week of flowering. five more weeks to go !

Still getting minor stretch so a little extra tying down was done a few days ago an estimated total height is over 40 inch tall plant i can not be dealing with that.

So far looking pretty good & bud sites are exploding :thumb:

PICT000277.JPG
PICT000365.JPG
PICT000562.JPG
PICT000656.JPG

Humidity is slightly creeping up & might be the recent weather change out doors, i don't have AC... its been sitting around 60% shortly after lights on over past few days or so.

PICT000169.JPG

So i've cranked up ye ol faithful to be on the safe side of things...

PICT000948.JPG

Ye just sitting out side in the hall way in front of the spare bed room door, i do run a passive intake style of tent/grow.

Passive intake.

PICT001042.JPG
PICT001139.JPG

Mmm you might not think that is 100% light tight ! well lights off is real life day time & the room is left in the dark during this period, been getting away with it for a while now.

Right some funky stuff...

PICT000750.JPG
PICT000849.JPG

Just a touch of P-phosphorus def really not that uncommon to get a bit in early flowering tho & may suspect it was mainly down to the milder nutrient regime...

How ever hesi bloom nutrients was applied at full rate today & i'll see if that tames it a little other wise i may add a P/K supplement some time soon, other nutrients used was hesi boost, supervit & bud link (silica).

They look pretty sweet. Your set up is pretty neat too.

Looking good brother! What humidity do you aim for in flower?

Lights off - RH ideally under 65%

Lights on - RH between 40% to 55%

I also like to keep my base night time temps around 20 to 21c or 68 to 70f.

They look pretty sweet. Your set up is pretty neat too.

Ye made a few small tweaks here 'n' there over the last few years & generally ran with a basic set up.

Oscillating fan was a recent change.

Dehumidifier was a good move as i have had bud rot problems with some strains like this cola.

PICT000845.JPG
PICT000458.JPG

I'm hoping to get a new tent soon a 120cm by 120cm with extra height at a staggering 220cm & run with an air cooled hood set up but no plan to change bulb size yet or ballast.

End of week 7 & the 2nd week of flowering. 4 more to go!

Some eye candy first ah, that is what we all like & just few pics from inside the tent :thumb:

PICT000278.JPG
PICT000468.JPG
PICT000751.JPG

Took the girls outside today for some funky leaf plucking & repositioning back inside the tent as moving em about a little helps gets light to other areas... i'm sure ya understand.

These are some better pic's, i was little worried a week or so ago about the bud sites being poor even i get the whim whams once in awhile about growing :thedoubletake:

But recent progress has shut me up for the time being & looking darn fine for the 2nd week of flowering !

PICT000563.JPG
PICT000850.JPG

End results are yet to be seen tho.

But hell ye when opening the tent up i am often greeted with a very fruity smell & in the past they was a under tone of skunk, i seem to have lost that bit today might just be me ?

I did add a 50% strength supplement of P/K a few days ago to assist with the P-phosphorus def but sadly has not tamed the problem as much as i wanted...bit more milder tho, i may add a 2nd feed of bloom nutrients at 50% strength for the next couple of weeks, i'll see how i feel when the time comes !

Ye i was going to get new grow kit like a bigger tent & air cooled hood but i got this instead...

PICT000170.JPG
PICT000279.JPG

Mmm that works a treat, i can't stop grinning at the moment :drool:

End of week 8 & the third week of flowering. 3 more to go !

I may roll out another week of flowering tho i'll see how it go's ? so far the strain has lived up to its name as being fast with exceptional vigorous growth whilst in veg, totally mind blowing with the stretch in early flowering being some what alarming... with out the tying down i would well and truly be at my limits with the top buds getting burnt under the hps.

So far bud mass has more or less doubled in size per week & looking very good for 3 weeks of flowering :thumb:

PICT000171.JPG
PICT000280.JPG
PICT000564.JPG
PICT000469.JPG

I didn't bother with any additional feeds at half rate as previously mentioned as most of the P/K def has sorted it self out now, i guess it just took a little longer for the supplement added the other week to to do its thing.

Still sticking with my regular feed of 1 drop of supervit, 25ml Hesi bloom, 10ml of Hesi boost, 10ml bud link (silica) per 5 liters of water once week & on a side note my nutrient solution is not PH corrected.

Looking awesome brother!!

I was dealing with a Phos deficiency as well and noticed after a big feed with FF Beastie Bloomz (0-50-30) that it took a few days for it to stop progressing.

I'm just using Hesi own brand of P/K for soil grows i think it is P 7, K 5.

It is reasonable common to get some P/K def in early flowering tho from my own experience & i like to add a little P/K supplement around the 2nd week of flowering to helps things out.

Hell yeah.

Welcome to the journal Dutty :high-five:

I'm just a humble home grower myself working with what i can get away with environmental wise with out to much costly kit & i may once in a while tweak a little bit of kit for those ideal conditions as best as i can.

looking good there sir fuzzy of duck!!! :thumb:

End of week 9 & the fourth week of flowering. Currently undecided on how many to go yet ?

Vastly still have a lot of white pistils even tho on close inspection today a small minority had started to change to the burnt orange color which i consider of a more true sign of ripening, ye i did check tric development with a mini micro scope & showed some really cloudy tric but i can not get a good over all pic with the gadjet /device so i'm gonna go by some old school method of pistil coloring as a rule of the thumb.

Mmm still planning on a extra week of flowering or 7 weeks total it might push 8 tho, but i'll see how things look like in another weeks time !

Still went ahead with another feed today to witch i applied a 50% rate feed of P/K supplement a few days ago :thumb:

This is how much hanging room i have left.

PICT000172.JPG

Hood height to plant canopy aprox 10 to 12 inch on average pretty suitable for a 400w hps.

PICT000281.JPG

I took all the girls out side of the tent day for some funky leaf plucking, closer inspection & repositioned differently back inside of the tent for a change of light angle.

On closer inspection of pic's ye see some of the main colas & how much bend i had to apply to control height plus extra growth !

PICT000366.JPG
PICT000470.JPG
PICT000565.JPG
PICT000657.JPG
PICT000752.JPG

Sparkling like the morning frost in the first sun light :thumb:

Wow...It looks droolworthy in your grow tent. Very nice work!:thumb:

looking delious man goood job :thumb::cheer: I cant see much different with the fast versions, maby the bud spacing is abit more abit but they look great. Take a clone maby if u want and stick it in water in a not to bright place but warm, outside the tent and see how it roots, being a fast version genes:) Ull have urself another tree the same in abit less time too :D

looking delious man goood job :thumb::cheer: I cant see much different with the fast versions

Me nether really, the review from some sort of sales rep suggested an average week shorter in flowering time when these fast version where released a couple or so years ago. Out of the 3 fast versions reviewed green poison came in 2nd place on flower timing, kind of hints it take a little longer than stated from the breeders info of 6 weeks.

I may put some of that down to environmental stuff effecting things.

How ever if any body is viewing Sweet Seeds site for strains or by any other seed bank sponsor offering Sweet seeds & if you come across a comment of exceptional vigorous growth
as this strain grown was one of them... expect fast growth in veg & plenty of stretch in flowering.

Ye the intenode spacing is a tad on the large size not sure where that came from genetic wise may seem sativa but can not rule out the ruderalis influence in the strain which apparently makes for a quicker flowering time.

Top bud/colas all seem mostly indica tho.

No comments yet on expected yield ? been fooled before by size of bud on plants all depends if they are airy or dense at the end of the day.

We shall live 'n' learn from our experience's

Back
Top Bottom