DankaTron

Hello to all and happy new year to all! I have joined this forum to seek guidance and advice from the gurus of the growing community. I currently have a 4 day old seedling which i have a few questions for.This is my first grow so i am a major noob but determined to learn. Its currently growing in a pc grow box under a 55W 5500K CFL. The seed is a fem auto northern light which was germinated in a peat pellet kit.

Now the wearys i have is the stem is very long and flimsy as i didnt check on it soon enough and it searched for light and has stretched very long. I have a support for it but i have also made a noobie mistake of planting it in too big of a pot. I went to move it out of the big pot but i saw roots coming out of the peat pellet and got scared so i put it back into the big pot. I really want to move it out into a small pot but im not sure if its safe. Growing medium is just general potting mix. Ill attatch a few pictures any feedback or advice is appreciated :)

Attachments

• 35F862EF-8431-443D-A940-B304BDBB4844.jpeg
    35F862EF-8431-443D-A940-B304BDBB4844.jpeg
    442 KB · Views: 89
  • 71208A57-6B3C-44FF-890B-CC41F4DFFF74.jpeg
    71208A57-6B3C-44FF-890B-CC41F4DFFF74.jpeg
    694.6 KB · Views: 89
Welcome to 420 DankaTron! In my signature is a list of helpful links for new members, one of which will explain how to set up a grow journal so we can help you as you document your grow. Please read it and make a journal! Lots of us would love to help :)

Edit: that looks like a healthy happy little poppy to me!

And since you added that second picture, I can tell you that you need to move your light closer. That baby is starting to stretch!

Yeh i have moved it closer , about 3cm away from the light all thats stretch is from when it initially sprouted and searched for light. Should i pull it up and bury it deeper ?

Don't worry about it now. When you do your first up-potting you can bury the stem up to the first leaf growth(cotyledon leaves). Make sure that between now and then you keep a light close enough that the plant doesn't feel the need to grow into it.

Back
Top Bottom