G Crack & BC Big Bud

Novadawg

Gday fellow farmers, today I popped my seeds into the paper towel and plastic bag. 15 each of Green Crack and BC Big Budd. I ordered 10 and got 5extra of each strain :cheer:. Has anyone grown either if these outdoors ? I'm in Nova Scotia.

Gday fellow farmers, today I popped my seeds into the paper towel and plastic bag. 15 each of Green Crack and BC Big Budd. I ordered 10 and got 5extra of each strain :cheer:. Has anyone grown either if these outdoors ? I'm in Nova Scotia.
Sorry can't help there. But I love Nova Scotia. Can't wait to see those babies basking in some of that great east coast sun shine. :thumb:

Checking my beans today and discovered all the ones I had scraped up with a bail file before paper toweling had popped. A lot had actually started to root into the paper towels. Shoulda been 24 but I squished a couple when I was nail filing them, a couple more flew across the seeding room like spoke seeds because I squeezed em too hard. :cheesygrinsmiley: The other two dozen seeds I didn't scratch haven't popped yet. Seems like a pretty good indicator that scraping or scratching the hulls is a good idea -- which I learned about on this site of course. :adore::adore::woohoo:

Checking my beans today and discovered all the ones I had scraped up with a bail file before paper toweling had popped. A lot had actually started to root into the paper towels. Shoulda been 24 but I squished a couple when I was nail filing them, a couple more flew across the seeding room like spoke seeds because I squeezed em too hard. :cheesygrinsmiley: The other two dozen seeds I didn't scratch haven't popped yet. Seems like a pretty good indicator that scraping or scratching the hulls is a good idea -- which I learned about on this site of course. :adore::adore::woohoo:
I can picture them shooting across the room like popcorn. :rofl:
You have me intrigued my friend. Not just because of where you live.
Did you use a regular nail file? And how do I know how much to scrape.

I guess it was a regular nail file, I'll know when Herself discovers it missing. I was flying by the arse o me pants , as our friends on The Rock say. I discovered they're not nearly as hard as I had thought, I overdid one and ruined it. Maybe three or four light passes across the file ( an Emery Board would work) and I could see the bean was scuffed up. The hardest part was holding them in the needle nose pliers. I'm wishing now I had done the rest of them. :hmmmm:

Damn, I was just reading another thread discussing the pros/cons of sanding seeds :oops:. Good thing I didn't do all of them apparently.
I gotta study more:nomo:.
Oh man! A couple months ago I lost a whole baggie that had like 5 beans popping in it. The thing straight up disappeared! I still haven’t found it! I’m scared I’m going to open a closet door and have a bean stalk to the clouds! Or 5! Oh that’s why I said something. I only popped half of them so I still had more and they are going strong. It’s called purple pen bud cuz they were sent in a purple pen, unlabeled. Ha ha!

Back
Top Bottom