G13 x buddha 3 weeks flowering

kab9

This is supposed to be a very low odour strain, and I have to say there is almost no smell. This could be because the flowers have barely started. I'm growing in soil in a 5 gal pail, and the plant is now 59 days from sprouting, and 3 weeks since switching to 12/12 light cycle. I'm using only CFL lights, currently 14 of the 23 Watt, 1 45 watt, and 1 65 watt, so that's 432 watt total, in a mix of 2700K and 6500K bulbs. I topped the plant around day 35, and that stopped it's vertical growth for a while, and it got fairly bushy. Now it's beginning to stretch a little... just a little over 2 ft tall, and growing about an inch taller every day. I think I can see some trichomes just starting around the tiny buds. There seem to be about 12 or 15 baby buds so far. What do you all think? SHould I be using full strength flowering nutes now? I have only fed nutes 3 times so far, and always less than full strength.

day59.png

baby_budz.png

baby_budz2.png

Okay, so here's an update. I screwed up big time with the lighting. Right after the pictures in the last post, I added another 100W of CFL... see the 4 small bulbs at the bottom of this picture. The mistake I made, was I plugged those bulbs into an outlet that was not on the timer. For 12 hours there was about 500W of lights running, but those 4 bulbs stayed on round the clock. It was like this for about 2 weeks before I noticed.

lightz.JPG

So this meant the flowering was really slowed down. Nothing much happened, the plant kept growing slowly, but the buds did not POP at all. I discovered the problem, and fixed the lighting about 3 to 4 weeks ago. Once I got the lights and timer fixed, the buds started to grow quickly. Here is a picture of the top on Dec 6th. You can see the hairs are turning red.

top36.JPG

I guess now there might be another 3 to 4 weeks before it's ready to harvest. I'm trying to watch the color of the Trichromes to judge when it will be ready. They still look clear to me right now:

Trichromes5.jpg

Oh, check this out... I was completely dry, so I decided to try a sample. I took 1 popcorn size bud off the top of a small branch. I dried it out in my cheap-ass vape... I have one of those glass bulb things with a temperature control, but no read out. I set the vape on low, and let the bud dry for about 10 minutes. Then I took the bud out and it was dry enough to grind. I got enough for one normal bowl in my vape. Switched it back on, and .... ahhhhh! Tasted a bit weird because it was so green, but wow! It totally worked. A very nice cerebral Sativa type high, not the Indica couch-lock type. When this plant is ready, I think it's going to be great, but I probably am not looking at a big yield. We'll see what happens over the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom