Gabby987's Grow Journal: Round Two

This is Mina. OGKush from seed. This girl started out really slow. I did not want to top her or stress her out. I also wanted to see what will happen with no training. She is now 30” tall and I just moved her to the flower room (I needed the space in veg room).
At this rate after the stretch she will be taller than all her sisters. I might have to super crop her, but I am not sure how. She has huge fan leaves. I welcome suggestions.

633126CA-E53F-4D80-8F26-0D83D11DBD5B.jpeg

It's getting pretty crowded in the flower room due to the fact that my previous grow is taking it's sweet time to finish. I am glad I got a second light for the flower room. I don't want to jinx myself, but it's nice to see plants without all kind of issues. I'm starting to read the girls better in regards to feeding.
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I can't seem to throw anything out. I top a plant, I stick the cutting in rockwool, it grows.
I trim a branch, I stick it in rockwool, it grows,
Repeat
I need to stop, don't I?

Jumpin in of this one. Im not here to try and sell you on products. Just here to watch the grow and try to help out if questions are asked. Your plants are lookin super good. Did you switch up anything for this second round besides adding a new light?

Hi, thanks for jumping in.

I used a different soil ( Howie DH-1 pro mix) and added worm castings, dolomite lime, more perlite and a bit of my chicken manure.
I am following the manufacturer reccomandations with nutes.
On my first grow, I did a lot of second guessing, flushing, changes of enviroment. I starved and abused those poor plants. It was a learning grow. All my plants had nitrogen deficiency in flower, so this time I continued veg nutes for the first week, and half bloom and veg the second week before going completely with bloom nutes.
Oh, I also upped the Magnesium because the LED lights were causing deficiency.
Having said that. I am not against change and trying sponsored products, and I more than welcome any suggestions.

Hi, thanks for jumping in.

I used a different soil ( Howie DH-1 pro mix) and added worm castings, dolomite lime, more perlite and a bit of my chicken manure.
I am following the manufacturer reccomandations with nutes.
On my first grow, I did a lot of second guessing, flushing, changes of enviroment. I starved and abused those poor plants. It was a learning grow. All my plants had nitrogen deficiency in flower, so this time I continued veg nutes for the first week, and half bloom and veg the second week before going completely with bloom nutes.
Oh, I also upped the Magnesium because the LED lights were causing deficiency.
Having said that. I am not against change and trying sponsored products, and I more than welcome any suggestions.
Sound like a good mix stoked to see these ones flower out.

Perhaps I spoke too soon. Lol
Lower leaves are getting a bit light and it's moving up.
Any ideas?
I also forgot to mention that on this grow I Ph the solution to 6.3/6.6.
The manufacturer said it's not necessary, but I think that was the cause of my issue in the previous grow. The nutes take it way down.

1214200935.jpg

1214200932a.jpg

1214200932.jpg

No i wouldnt. Might accidentally over load it. Just nutrient water with a little heavier dose.
Gotcha.
Thank you very much for your help.
I just had to supercrop 2 ladies because they were getting a little light bleaching. Those lights are pretty strong. They draw 457W from the wall each. It hurts me more than it hurts them. I guess I will get useto it someday.

Gotcha.
Thank you very much for your help.
I just had to supercrop 2 ladies because they were getting a little light bleaching. Those lights are pretty strong. They draw 457W from the wall each. It hurts me more than it hurts them. I guess I will get useto it someday.
Oh yeah thats alot of led power. Plants will lighten up if they are gettin too much light. They also eat alot more magnesium so adding epsom salt works super good. If you see bleaching dim the lights a little or raise the lights. Shes lookin good for sure, just a little hungry.

Oh yeah thats alot of led power. Plants will lighten up if they are gettin too much light. They also eat alot more magnesium so adding epsom salt works super good. If you see bleaching dim the lights a little or raise the lights. Shes lookin good for sure, just a little hungry.
Yes, I upped the Magnesium in the veg room as well. Another string light in there, 400W from the wall.
I will do the Epsom salt.
1 tbsp X Gal?

Yes, I upped the Magnesium in the veg room as well. Another string light in there, 400W from the wall.
I will do the Epsom salt.
1 tbsp X Gal?
Yeah thats good. Those leds are strong. But if you use epsom salt only use 1 gram per gallon. Youll need to desolve it i use a small amount of warm water in a mason jar. Shake it up until its desolved all the way then dump it in the res first then i add the nutrients.

Good evening to anyone watching.
Gabby ( the plant) is trying to tell me something. G13 in soil. Day 9 since flip. Last feeding on Dec17 with veg nutes and 1mg Epsom Salt. The issue has moved up the plant. It needs defoliating but I usually wait until the stretch is over. I don’t want to stress her out too much.
Any ideas on what’s going on?
Thank you.

B41D6A97-C35C-4032-A31F-532DFF0AF783.jpeg

6868BBB1-3652-4753-A07B-7AA55EE1D2B1.jpeg

Good evening to anyone watching.
Gabby ( the plant) is trying to tell me something. G13 in soil. Day 9 since flip. Last feeding on Dec17 with veg nutes and 1mg Epsom Salt. The issue has moved up the plant. It needs defoliating but I usually wait until the stretch is over. I don’t want to stress her out too much.
Any ideas on what’s going on?
Thank you.

B41D6A97-C35C-4032-A31F-532DFF0AF783.jpeg

6868BBB1-3652-4753-A07B-7AA55EE1D2B1.jpeg
Food is what i see. The plant will start cannibalizing itself if there insnt enough food. It start from the bottom and moves to the top. How much nuts are you ging it? It donsnt look like its magnesium but it probably wouldnt hurt to move the dose up a little. And if your doing a feed, water, feed, water try feed, feed, water, feed, feed water until it darkens up a bit. If it starts to get too dark and the edges begin to claw a bit then just back off the feeding and go back to feed, water, feed, water. This is just what i would try and see if it helps. Make sure your ph is in range too. If you ph is higher the plant will take in more nitrogen and magnesium if its lower itll take in more cal. If i can remember right. Id have to look at the chart again but im almost positive thats how it goes.

Food is what i see. The plant will start cannibalizing itself if there insnt enough food. It start from the bottom and moves to the top. How much nuts are you ging it? It donsnt look like its magnesium but it probably wouldnt hurt to move the dose up a little. And if your doing a feed, water, feed, water try feed, feed, water, feed, feed water until it darkens up a bit. If it starts to get too dark and the edges begin to claw a bit then just back off the feeding and go back to feed, water, feed, water. This is just what i would try and see if it helps. Make sure your ph is in range too. If you ph is higher the plant will take in more nitrogen and magnesium if its lower itll take in more cal. If i can remember right. Id have to look at the chart again but im almost positive thats how it goes.
They are eating me out of house and home. Lol
I fed her again yesterday. Kept Ph at 6.6, I believe you are correct. A little higher for magnesium.
Thank you

I took a group shot of the flower room this morning. The yellow lady in the front is Jill. G13 clone. In my last grow I had the same issues with this strain, but still got good buds, so I'm not going to worry about her. She is well fed.
I put all the tall ladies on the left and raised the light.

1230201002.jpg

First harvest this grow.
Jill.
G13
Soil
9 weeks flower
70% cloudy trichomes. A few amber maybe 5%.
I will weight before jarring. Stay tuned.
My yield is low. I think it's training and inexperience, however it has improved since my first grow.

0121211259.jpg

Back
Top Bottom