Gaffles Grow: 3rd Time The Charm!

Gaffle

Hello 420 magers, welcome to my new grow! This has been a most beneficial year for my little mediocre room. I have learned and grown traits which will hopefully allow a modest bounty come summer. Lets get started!

On February 3rd 2017 my mother passed away very unexpectedly. The last proud moment my mom had towards me was when she checked out my grow room. It was weird getting a huge hug from my mom because of my weed growing hobby. That was a cool moment. I hope that this grow does my mom proud.

I have a few seeds sitting around. The best batch I have had yet was from my HSO Sour Diesel. Very nice plant and even prettier buds. I have 1 Sour Diesel left, as well as a Afghan regular and a Bubbas Gift. Those are all just chillin for now.

What strain is it?
I will be running 3 strains this round. Have some old cup winners in the mix.
Amnesia Lemon
Strawberry Haze
Pineapple Chunk
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Amnesia Lemon : Indica and Sativa cross.
Strawberry Haze : Mostly Sativa, a hint of Indica down the tree.
Pineapple Chunk : Mostly Indica, but a hint of Sativa lineage.
Indoor or outdoor?
We are all indoor.
Soil or Hydro?
Soil, the DBHBB to be specific. No pHing for ME!!
If soil... what is in your mix?
Rocks!
If soil... What size pot?
Due to the issues I have had with my previous grows I will be using all plastic pots. Not fabric will be in my room. The youngens will be in 1gal plastic, and I will transplant to 7gal plastic for flower.
Size of light?
I have a cheap 180watt LED that I may use during early veg, and a 400watt MH/HPS for veg and flower.
Is it aircooled?
Yes.
Temp of Room/cab?
I have been running a heater since yesterday to get temps up so we are at 77F.
RH of Room/cab?
My humidity has been low, I am at 35% right now. I have not been running my humidifier being that nothing is planted yet. A new humidifier is in my future and I hope to keep the room at 50%
PH of media or res?
pfft......
Any Pests ?
I have had no pests
How often are you watering?
As needed.

Lets share some photos to see what I am after! This is my Sour Diesel. It has been tested so I am free of all contaminates, its has been washed as well. Tested at 21% THC. That is my goal. I wanted to stick with stronger strains for this grow. You can't push strength out of strains that do not have the genetics, lets see what happens! If I can hit numbers similar to my SD I would be a happy guy.

DSC0055712.jpg
DSC0055913.jpg
DSC0055914.jpg

I made my seed purchase from GYO SeedBank. I had no issues with the purchase, and I received a discount (which comes in "Eucalyptus Points") for signing up to email. It wasn't a huge discount, but anything helps. Service was great, package came undamaged, right on. I have 3 seeds of my Amnesia Lemon, Pineapple Chunk, and Strawberry Haze. I have some free jazz too. Free Critical Jack, Skunk Diesel, and Hindu Kush Skunk. All strains that also may be fun in the future. Everything I have is feminized except for one lonely Afghan Regular that was a freebie from Herbies.

I have not planted my seeds yet, I will do that tomorrow. While my kids are at school I must take apart my light and reset all the seals. Keep that air system tight.

DSC0046510.jpg

I have already taken out my 1gal pots of soil from the bin. While these are in veg I will cook my batch of second run soil. I still have a few gallons of first run left in the bin so this is cut some with a bit of fresh pro-mix. The lineage of my plants aren't quite landrace. Because of this I did purchase additives of the kit. I will be using the WA10x and OG drench, 2 components I am not familiar with. I shall be asking questions within the brix community when the time comes.

After a few F-ups with my last runs I am ready to tackle a grow with limited issues. So far I have had 2 seedlings stall during early veg which has messed up my timeline for plant maturity. This time I will not jack around, just let everything be. My patience level is now in a good place, I don't need to mess around with the plants, essentially I have to stop poking and prodding them.

Well, thats it for now. Tomorrow will have more photos with the planting and getting this show on the road. Its good to start growing again!

Subbed up for this one! The pineapple chunk is a winner for sure.

:passitleft:

Right on! After sampling smells from flower other than mine, but the same (ish) strain, I can for sure say the kit produces better scent. My SD smells nothing like a fellow growers flower. Also, my Blue Dream is completely different. Not as "chemically" I say. I really hope to pull some fruity tones from these 3.

Finally threw down some seeds last night. I am using my LED for the early veg cycle, its easy to get in close. After some leaves are formed I will let the MH rip. I still need clean up some of my ductwork, redo some tape and move my cool tube around. I do dig the power of the MH/HPS, but having a larger LED will be so easy to run, we shall see.

My soil was dry, I filled the pots a few days ago and set them in the room. I then added some second run to a bit of first run in the bin. I have not started cooking that soil yet, I'll post pics of that next weekend. Being that my pots were dry I did add some trans water, but just a smidge of trans. The pots took about 3 cups each. I have not done a pre-soak with any of my seeds as of yet. I have just let mother nature take its course. Everything has been just stuck in the dirt with Roots and thats that. So far the rate of growth has been no issue. I messed up 2 potential plants in my previous grows by messing with the pots when the seedlings pop up. It made me so excited to see those little girls! Thats the lesson I have learned, patience. Everything goes fairly well without having to be so hands on, at least at this early stage.

DSC0061713.JPG
DSC0061811.JPG

I bought this light 1 year ago. I was just a cheap item on the zon. I must say, even though it doesn't have the power of our larger competitors these days, it did start and finish a grow with great results. I don't know if I will add it to the grow at a later date for supplemental light, I may have too being that my cool tube doesn't have the best set of reflectors. For now, it will work great. Next Monday I have to make a trip out to a brick and mortar for some fresh insulated foam. I might just get a 1in and cut it in half. Having 2in of foam under the plants makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

DSC0062114.JPG
DSC0061914.JPG
DSC006249.JPG
DSC0062612.JPG

I have not gone downstairs yet to check on the room. I have everything running now. Like a lot of us, I need more humidity. I will buy a better humidifier with a humidistat to set the rh properly. Right now my humidifier can only go low or high. I will remove the batteries from my meter and set that sucker straight. Lets get rid of that 30% jazz.

DSC0062310.JPG

The waiting game is now full on. Lets see how long it takes for a seedling to pop up. I believe that all of my seeds have been up after 3 days. Rollin rollin rollin, Rawhide!

Well I am back on track, at least for the moment. I had a major mishap and all 3 of my beans did not pop. I have no idea why. I must have planted them too deep. I was surprised tho, not a single one out of three strains...bleh. I waited 10 days before I gave up, zip. At this point the soil was pretty dry, I had been dribbling a bit of H2O on top of the seeds just enough for cracking, so I re-watered the pots and went again. Also, because of the failure I have changed this grow some. I am going with 2 of my Amnesia Lemon and 1 Pineapple chunk. As of today I have AL and PC sprouts popping. Nothing to take photos of, but hopefully soon! The waiting game is in full effect.

It has been hard for me to get here lately, my time is short during the week and no progress made a slight journal stall. Hope for more growth when I get home from work later today. Maybe some small baby girls will finally make an appearance. Peaceful blazing.

For shits and giggles I'll be posting my home from work blaze tonight, a celebration of sorts. Thx all!

:lot-o-toke:

Cruise control time. Amnesia and Pineapple are up up and away. The other Amnesia should break soon. My soil has enough water to insure that I will have to do little for the next few days, except watch that is. I must keep a humidifier running all day/night to keep my rh in the zone. Fan is sitting on top of my inline box blowing across the plants. When I fire up the HID I will screw a 2x2 to the wall and attach a little clip on fan I bought. Try to hold the humid air low. Its interesting, the small fan on inline sits at the base of what is the stairs. The creates a air flow that pulls air from above, follows the angle of the stairs to the fan, and then blows it all across plants.

Pineapple is wearing a hat! Very becoming, but I hope the hat falls off easy!

DSC0078114.JPG

DSC0077914.JPG

Amnesia just about to open up.

DSC0077712.JPG

I am loving this camera. Even with the kit lens I get some great detail, having more megapixels is almost like a macro lens.

I have not been running my humidifier as much due to seeds just sitting. It has now been running for about 24hrs, if I get 50% steady I'll be happy.

DSC0078214.JPG

Have a plan for the day. Lets start it off right! WAB! I find that my Blue Dream is much more of a happy buzz for me. I goofy and all that, its nice. My Sour Diesel is much more intense, focus bound. So, I did a Happy Focus Bomb this morning. Got me 1/2 and 1/2 of BD/SD.

DSC0078312.JPG

After I took above photo I pulled off that leaf and ate it, like an animal. I then took the shots below.

DSC007858.JPG
DSC0078410.JPG

After the mixer up came this job.

DSC007878.jpg
DSC007866.jpg

Which led to this job.

DSC007894.jpg
DSC007909.jpg

DSC007925.jpg
DSC007935.jpg

Best thing I have cooked yet has been brisket. Hope to make that a double.

While setting up the grill I was able to listen to the birds. Its fun in the spring when natures songs get going. Watched some robins chase each other, a Cardinal serenaded me. These are the times in past when our ancestors were most happy. The beginning of better weather, better days with winter gone. Fun thoughts to have while chilling outside. Its fun times, everyone should try it once in awhile.

Enjoy your Sunday folks! Sunday fun day, eh!

:lot-o-toke::party:

Have a plan for the day. Lets start it off right!

Best thing I have cooked yet has been brisket. Hope to make that a double.

While setting up the grill I was able to listen to the birds. Its fun in the spring when natures songs get going. Watched some robins chase each other, a Cardinal serenaded me. These are the times in past when our ancestors were most happy. The beginning of better weather, better days with winter gone. Fun thoughts to have while chilling outside. Its fun times, everyone should try it once in awhile.

Enjoy your Sunday folks! Sunday fun day, eh!

:lot-o-toke::party:

Best wake up post ever! Dealing with the depression of having the day off with tons of spring time plans but we still have a foot of snow.I'm now hungry for some brisket.....care to share how you cook it?

Best wake up post ever! Dealing with the depression of having the day off with tons of spring time plans but we still have a foot of snow.I'm now hungry for some brisket.....care to share how you cook it?

I feel for you, 12in of snow eh, sorry!

This is the 2nd brisket I have done, the first was a whole packer. That turned out great, but it was a prime cut, this is a flat of choice. I ran around 275F-300F with the last brisket and it cooked in 7 hours. I'm at 275F right now so I hope to be done at 3:00 or so. I'll wrap it at some point in foil and keep it on the grill, after a few more hours it goes into a cooler to rest, for another hour or so. I pretty much followed Meatheads recipe from AmazingRibs.com, including his beef rub. I didn't hotlink it because as I sit here I don't know the rules FOR hotlinking. Other forums I have been on wanted it linked a certain way because of traffic, etc.

I had hoped that my shit was together. Welp, gotta roll with the punches. Just after my pics on 3/25 I noticed that neither plant was opening. There was still some membrane from the shell that coated both of my seedlings. I had to use tweezers to pull off this membrane or else I feared the leaves would be stuck.

I had not watered the soil since seeds were planted. I wanted the roots to move as far as possible. Its time to dunk with just plain water.

DSC0088013.jpg
DSC0087910.jpg
DSC008788.jpg
DSC0087710.jpg
DSC0087610.jpg
DSC0087510.jpg
DSC0087415.jpg

Unfortunately my Pineapple Chunk stalled. Not a good go for this round, dunno what happened. Was there too much water, or too dry? Dug up the seed and found this, just chillin.

DSC008835.jpg

Going to make a go for the grow shop tomorrow to buy some plastic 7s and saucers. If everything fits ok under my light I'll run PC again, really bummed nothing happened.

Go bladed leaves GO!

Time for ;)

I'm going to dust off this journal, *cough*

I have not been around here as much, sporadic moments here and there but I have taken zero time in this journal. Now that I'm in flower wtf, revive lets go!

These are both lemon amnesia, although plant on the left has a different leaf structure than plant on the right. I was plagued with issues and frustration which are some more factors as to why my journal stopped. Several seed failures and a major (what I think) calcium def via drenches/feeding too lite. Plant on the left was in the chase, I didn't get caught up until up-pot to 7s. Plant on right had a double GE feeding (back to back) which caught up and surpassed the chase. Left plant was just a pile of shit for a minute, but my patience has paid off. I have really been chill for this grow, not much to do. Well, here I am now.

Girls doing just fine. Just past 1 week of flower.

DSC0184210.jpg

DSC018435.jpg

I was going to brix yesterday but before that could occur my brain made me train the plants without too much thinking. Here we are all super cropped and flattened. I will post a pic soon, the branches are already moving in place.

DSC018567.jpg

DSC018558.jpg

DSC018545.jpg

DSC018538.jpg

DSC018527.jpg

DSC018517.jpg

Some shots of underneath and such.

DSC0184810.jpg

DSC018478.jpg

DSC018469.jpg

Time to go outside and make some more of these.

DSC014417.jpg

This has been an interesting grow so far. Lots of problems but nothing time and patience could cure. Gotta get my ass in gear. Making another brisket today. Hit up a dispensary yesterday to get a few new pre-rolls and some edibles. Having a celebration at my house later, oh yeah. Time to get to work, PEACE.

:lot-o-toke::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom