Gallery Upload Issues

Hi Amy,
I get to a popup that I would select "add to existing media" , I select that. The system sends me to an "Add media to..." with Green bar "Navigation". Lots of images are displayed there. So I selected "Your Media", which sends me to my image displays, all three images. There is a black button upper right side with "+ Add Media". If I select that the whole thing starts over again. I never see the "up-load" page.

I just tried something.... If I make a new album, labeled Dory's images, I get the upload page, and it worked. Do I have to do this each time to put an image up? I may not remember the name I gave it (post concussive syndrome - short term memory issues... hence my Dory avatar! :) )

Finally starting to get settled from the move and some health problems, sorry for the delay.

We enabled attachments, so you may now upload straight to posts much faster.

The only catch is they won't be organized in your gallery.

We also decided to turn off watermarking as well, something we've been wanting to do for years.

We hope everyone enjoys the changes.

We also discovered a way to get rid of the private gallery issue, however have been waiting for 2 months for our systems admin to finish our new test site, so we can try it there first. I can't even explain how many thousands of emails and messages have been made, getting to this point. Thank you for your patience, understanding and support. Slow and steady wins the race sometimes. :Namaste:

Thank you for all the effort. Patience it is.

Glad to hear the move and health issues are under control. :hug:

The website seems to be loading much slower since the removal of the 420 magazine tags on the photographs...... Just wondering if the image optimization went away as well...... quite slow at times. Not minutes like in the past though....

Hmmm it could have to do with the new attachments and how large the attached images are being saved as. Like before, when we had photos being uploaded at 20MB each, it was causing pages with lots of them to load slow. Most of our staff is gone for the weekend, if you want to assist me in trouble shooting, you could check the file sizes of the attached images on these slow pages and we might be able to narrow it down. I've got the attachments upload max set to 10MB and the max height/width set to 1280x1280, but if they are uploading 20mb images at 1280x1280, then that could be the issue. If so, I'll simply have to reduce the attachment size, but then people with large images will complain. It's so hard to find the middle ground to keep everyone happy.

Hmmm it could have to do with the new attachments and how large the attached images are being saved as. Like before, when we had photos being uploaded at 20MB each, it was causing pages with lots of them to load slow. Most of our staff is gone for the weekend, if you want to assist me in trouble shooting, you could check the file sizes of the attached images on these slow pages and we might be able to narrow it down. I've got the attachments upload max set to 10MB and the max height/width set to 1280x1280, but if they are uploading 20mb images at 1280x1280, then that could be the issue. If so, I'll simply have to reduce the attachment size, but then people with large images will complain. It's so hard to find the middle ground to keep everyone happy.

When I get another page to load slow, I'll note the thread, and how big the images are.

Don't spend much time on it over the weekend..... I'm sure if there is a problem, we can find it over the next week.

It may be on my end as well....some bad weather has rolled through here over the last few days, and may have the bandwidth all screwy (constant work on the broadband lines).

Another thing to look at is your Internet speed. You can run a speed test to see how fast your Internet is at the time of loading the page. It could also be an issue with your ISP where you're not getting full speeds.

If you're in the US, net neutrality is over so that could be a possible cause too if your ISP isn't treating all sites equally.

The website seems to be loading much slower since the removal of the 420 magazine tags on the photographs...... Just wondering if the image optimization went away as well...... quite slow at times. Not minutes like in the past though....
Has anyone else said the same thing?

Here is an example....this actual post (linked to it) took a good 15 seconds to load..... but it may be localized to my experience.

Weasel Forges Ahead

Back
Top Bottom