Gallito's Soil Tahquitz OG Soil Grow 2020

gallito

This year I'm growing Tahquitz OG, Tropicana Cookies, Strawberry Banana, Super Lemon Haze, and Raspberry Parfait in my grow shed. The shed itself is illuminated by the sun through fiberglass panels on the roof. No temperature control (aside from a solar fan to blow out hot air and wall vents to allow fresh air in), & no humidity control. It's a wonder that I've been successful for the past 5 years! Some years better than other lol. I use a soil mix with the following ingredients:
Happy Frog soil
KokoPop soil
Worm castings
Organic compost
Perlite
Bat guano
Kelp meal
Fish meal
Dolomite lime
Containers vary in size from 15 gal to 50 gal. I water every 2 or 3 days, depending on how hot its been. This year we have had 2 long periods of over 100 deg. F. weather and it's gonna get hot again this week. I have only fed on 3 occasions this year with a very basic tea composed of worm castings brewed with bat guano and liquid kelp and mychorrizal fungi in water aerated by an aquarium pump for 24 hrs. The plants are now 6 weeks in flower. The pics are Tahquitz OG, Strawberry banana, Super Lemon Haze, Raspberry Parfait and the Tropicana Cookies.

Attachments

• DSC_5760.JPG
    DSC_5760.JPG
    914 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_5766.JPG
    DSC_5766.JPG
    688.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_5763.JPG
    DSC_5763.JPG
    896.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_5762.JPG
    DSC_5762.JPG
    921.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_5759.JPG
    DSC_5759.JPG
    886.6 KB · Views: 39
Thanks! I have not used coco before, so this year is an experiment of sorts. I am having some problems with what I presume to be nutrient lock-out, Howe er not really sure. The plants started getting yellow spots on the leaves, which become necrotic. it’s affecting both fanleaves and suger leaves. Does anyone know what’s causing this?

Attachments

• 4A908C11-311E-490C-94F2-87A5F807F7C7.jpeg
    4A908C11-311E-490C-94F2-87A5F807F7C7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • 1FC25A62-B987-4BA0-8577-3386196F6A40.jpeg
    1FC25A62-B987-4BA0-8577-3386196F6A40.jpeg
    796.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 675E8B19-C4D2-4408-9466-4A40A566DCBB.jpeg
    675E8B19-C4D2-4408-9466-4A40A566DCBB.jpeg
    807.1 KB · Views: 38
Pic's I just took of the Tropical Cookies, Tahquitz OG & Strawberry Banana

Attachments

• DSC_5771.JPG
    DSC_5771.JPG
    719.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_5773.JPG
    DSC_5773.JPG
    853.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_5778.JPG
    DSC_5778.JPG
    682.7 KB · Views: 36
So, I just went through the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial and my problem appears to one due to heat stress as opposed to nutrient lock-out. That would make sense because we have had a very hot summer with temp's over 100 deg. F on several occasions. However, I'm not convinced that something else may be goin on as well. The yellowing is getting into the sugar leaves which, if I let continue turns necrotic brown. So, I'm chopping those buds as they occur. Fortunately, the yellowing has been going slow so maybe I'll get a good ripe crop when it's time.

So I flushed all my plants to get the ph back to normal and the yellowing has slowed down. However I chopped the Tahquitz and the Tropical cookies because some of the suger leaves were showing signs of the yellowing. Also, some of the lower buds were starting to yellow-up. Strawnana goes tomorrow. I will be using all new containers next year, and probably bomb the shed for good measure over the winter.

This year I'm growing Tahquitz OG, Tropicana Cookies, Strawberry Banana, Super Lemon Haze, and Raspberry Parfait in my grow shed. The shed itself is illuminated by the sun through fiberglass panels on the roof. No temperature control (aside from a solar fan to blow out hot air and wall vents to allow fresh air in), & no humidity control. It's a wonder that I've been successful for the past 5 years! Some years better than other lol. I use a soil mix with the following ingredients:
Happy Frog soil
KokoPop soil
Worm castings
Organic compost
Perlite
Bat guano
Kelp meal
Fish meal
Dolomite lime
Containers vary in size from 15 gal to 50 gal. I water every 2 or 3 days, depending on how hot its been. This year we have had 2 long periods of over 100 deg. F. weather and it's gonna get hot again this week. I have only fed on 3 occasions this year with a very basic tea composed of worm castings brewed with bat guano and liquid kelp and mychorrizal fungi in water aerated by an aquarium pump for 24 hrs. The plants are now 6 weeks in flower. The pics are Tahquitz OG, Strawberry banana, Super Lemon Haze, Raspberry Parfait and the Tropicana Cookies.
Hey there, this is johnny n., i bred tahquitz og, was wondering how she did for you?

Happy Frog soil
KokoPop soil
Worm castings
Organic compost
Perlite
Bat guano
Kelp meal
Fish meal
Dolomite lime
Containers vary in size from 15 gal to 50 gal. I water every 2 or 3 days, depending on how hot its been. This year we have had 2 long periods of over 100 deg. F. weather and it's gonna get hot again this week. I have only fed on 3 occasions this year with a very basic tea composed of worm castings brewed with bat guano and liquid kelp and mychorrizal fungi in water aerated by an aquarium pump for 24 hrs. The plants are now 6 weeks in flower. The pics are Tahquitz OG, Strawberry banana, Super Lemon Haze, Raspberry Parfait and the Tropicana Cookies

Thanks! I have not used coco before, so this year is an experiment of sorts. I am having some problems with what I presume to be nutrient lock-out, Howe er not really sure. The plants started getting yellow spots on the leaves, which become necrotic. it’s affecting both fanleaves and suger leaves. Does anyone know what’s causing this?
calcium deficiency

Back
Top Bottom