GandalfGreen's 420 Carat Soil Grow - LED - Monitored With Raspberry Pi

Thanks for that G! I'm currently trying to work with python but I'll run your code tomorrow and try and figure it out! :)
Yeh for sure the flavours will increase ten fold at harvest!! How are you going to cure your buds?

Thanks for that G! I’m currently trying to work with python but I’ll run your code tomorrow and try and figure it out! :)
Yeh for sure the flavours will increase ten fold at harvest!! How are you going to cure your buds?

Let me know how you get along.
I'm going to dry my buds in my cellar, just hang them on some rope and let a fan indirectly blow air over them. As to curing I've got big glass jars and I'm dropping in some 62% humidipacks and letting it cure like that.

It's the most wonderful time of the year, when harvest time is here! About a week and a half ago I've harvested 2 out of 3 plants. I wanted to it all in one time but upon closer inspection with my loupe I discovered that the trichomes on one plant hadn't even started to get an amber color yet so I decided to leave it going for a bit longer. The other two looked good, about 40% amber trichomes on both of them so I'm happy with those results!

I've had some friends and family help me out with the trim for which I am eternal grateful because it took 4 people around 4 hours to trim just the 2 plants. After that I hung them up to dry and have a fan moving air around 24/7.

The last plant I've given another week to flower into perfection, and as an experiment I've actually flushed the plant with only pH'ed tap water for about a week. The other 2 plants have been fed at around 2.2 mS until the very end so I wonder if I can taste any difference in the end product. After that week I trimmed and hung the last plant up about 3 days ago.

Here's a couple of pictures I took during harvest, I'll post some more once they're dried and are curing in the jars with a humidipak.

2 plants before trim:
2017-10-13_20_27_20.jpg

2 plants drying after trim:
2017-10-14_19_00_07.jpg

A big cola! :circle-of-love:
WhatsApp_Image_2017-10-14_at_19_01_50.jpeg

2 plants ready for transportation to the drying area:
WhatsApp_Image_2017-10-14_at_19_01_50_1_.jpeg

Nice work dude :) what's the humidty of your dry room? Good to keep it 50-55%! :)

I use those boveda bags as well for my jars and not a bad word to say about them! I've had some nugs in there for a couple months now and safe to say they're still lovely! :) I'm jealous of your harvest, I have about 4-5 weeks left I reckon!!!! Although the buds are gonna be plumping right up which is my fave part to watch!! :)

Nice work dude :) what's the humidty of your dry room? Good to keep it 50-55%! :)

I use those boveda bags as well for my jars and not a bad word to say about them! I've had some nugs in there for a couple months now and safe to say they're still lovely! :) I'm jealous of your harvest, I have about 4-5 weeks left I reckon!!!! Although the buds are gonna be plumping right up which is my fave part to watch!! :)
I must admit that the humidity in the room is higher than that, around 60-65% if not higher. Reason is that I simply do not own a dehumidifier nor do I have a space that has better ventilation. :( I might go out and buy me one of those little dehumidifier packs that you put in like a bowl to attract water to it.
Don't know if it matters much though since I'm fine with just waiting a bit longer for them to dry. Looks like my first batch is about ready to be put in jars.
Thanks for the kind words! .

It's done, over, finito! :cheer: It took about 2 weeks in total to dry all the buds after I trimmed them. I've tasted some of it meanwhile and it's great stuff. Not at its best yet but a good cure in my mason jars with 62% humidipaks will do the trick just fine. If I had to describe it it's a real heavy body high, I couldn't get off the couch anymore and had some serious munchies after it. Great stuff to sit back, relax and watch a movie.

So in the name of good science, let's get some numbers in here!

- 372 grams (13.1 ounces) of dry herb from the 3 x "420 Carat" plants
- Lights on for 12 hours during flowering stage, 420 watts
- Lights on for 16 hours during vegetative stage, 420 watts.
- Vegetative period: 55 days.
- Flowering period: 96 days.
- Total time until harvest: 151 days

Calculation of gram per watt for entire grow:
Vegetative state:
420w/1000 = 0.42 kWh.
0.42 kWh * 16 hours = 6.72 kW per day during vegetative state.
6.72 * 55 = 369.6 total kW used in vegetative state.

Flowering state:
0.42 kWh * 12 = 5.04 kW per day during flowering state.
5.04 * 96 = 483.8 total kW used in flowering state.

Totals:
369.6 + 483.8 = 853.4 kW used for entire grow.
372/853.4 = 0.43 gram per watt of electricity for the entire grow!

On my last grow I had 0.36 gram per watt so it looks like I did a bit better this time around! PROGRESS! :high-five:

Thanks guys for following my grow till the end, it was a lot of fun and I already can't wait for my next one. But first... I'm going to have a well deserved smoke! :volcano-smiley:

Here's a picture of all of it:
2017-11-09_20_20_10.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom