Gandalfthewhite's Adventure Into LED - Sponsored By Mars Hydro With The FC3000

Gandalfthewhite

Hello everyone :ciao:
Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to @Mars Hydro for Sponsoring this grow and for the opportunity to try out some new tech :thanks:
This will be my first grow using LED all the way through. I have used them previously for flowering but now with my new Mars Hydro FC3000 I will be giving them a good test.

So on to the setup...which took me a good few hours to get right :rofl:
Light for veg: Mars Hydro FC3000 :yahoo: :high-five:
Tent: Homebox Evolution 1mx1mx2m white lined
Fan: RVK 100mm - passive intake
Filter: No filter yet until I need it :cheesygrinsmiley:
Ultrasonic humidifier
Small Clipon fan
DSC_1258.JPG

Lovely light! it is very easy to put together/hang and with the dimmer it makes all the difference especially with how hot it is at the moment plus the savings ££, I normally use a T5 for the majority of veg and that is 220w fixed and runs hot.
DSC_1256.JPG

I have the dimmer set at 25% at the moment as they are only small and that is what is recommended by Mars Hydro.
DSC_1257.JPG

And I have hung the light at 18" following the Mars Hydro chart for seedlings.
DSC_1264.JPG

I left the tent closed for an hour and my temperature and humidity are great at the moment. The probe is in the middle of the tent just below the light.
DSC_1263.JPG

So here are my selections for this run...

Original Sour Diesel feminised The Cali Collection seeds x4
Strain: Hybrid Indica/Sativa (Mostly Sativa)
Lineage: Sour Diesel clone x Sour OG Male
Seeds: Fem & Reg
Fem seeds- Original Sour Diesel to Original Sour Diesel BX3 RVSD Male
Yield: Large
Flowering Time: 70-75 Days

I started these under the T5 while waiting for my light to arrive but they are all under a week old. The bigger ones are nearly a week old and the smaller ones a day old.
DSC_1261.JPG
DSC_1262.JPG

Blackberry Moonrocks Tastebudz Seeds Feminised x4
Genetics: Blue moonrock x blackberry kush
Indica: 80%
Sativa: 20%
Flowering Time: 8-9 Weeks
Indoor Yield: 550 gr/m2
THC: 33%
Effect: Long lasting and intense, euphoric, happy, relaxed

These are the same the bigger ones one week old and smaller ones a day.
DSC_1259.JPG
DSC_1260.JPG

I am very excited about this grow and the new light I hope you can all join me in my new adventure

@Mars Hydro @GainesvilleGreen @Melville Hobbes @Bill284 @VetSmoke85 @LKABudMan @CaptainLucky @Timhomegrow @AutoNautPsychoFlower @HappyHazmat88 @OGpapa @Greenmarine

Sorry if I've forgotten any one and :welcome: to everyone else. Much love to all :green_heart: :passitleft:

Sweet thanks for the tag gandalf, looks like we're off to a good start.

And awesome sponsor brutha I know you'll show case the light well ;)

I'ma hold down the back of the bus.... Heard there was snacks back there 😬

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to @Mars Hydro for Sponsoring this grow and for the opportunity to try out some new tech :thanks:
This will be my first grow using LED all the way through. I have used them previously for flowering but now with my new Mars Hydro FC3000 I will be giving them a good test.

Ultrasonic humidifier
Small Clipon fan
DSC_1258.JPG

Lovely light! it is very easy to put together/hang and with the dimmer it makes all the difference especially with how hot it is at the moment plus the savings ££, I normally use a T5 for the majority of veg and that is 220w fixed and runs hot.
DSC_1256.JPG

I have the dimmer set at 25% at the moment as they are only small and that is what is recommended by Mars Hydro.
DSC_1257.JPG

DSC_1264.JPG

I left the tent closed for an hour and my temperature and humidity are great at the moment. The probe is in the middle of the tent just below the light.
DSC_1263.JPG

I started these under the T5 while waiting for my light to arrive but they are all under a week old. The bigger ones are nearly a week old and the smaller ones a day old.
DSC_1261.JPG
DSC_1262.JPG

DSC_1259.JPG
DSC_1260.JPG

I am very excited about this grow and the new light I hope you can all join me in my new adventure

@Mars Hydro @GainesvilleGreen @Melville Hobbes @Bill284 @VetSmoke85 @LKABudMan @CaptainLucky @Timhomegrow @AutoNautPsychoFlower @HappyHazmat88 @OGpapa @Greenmarine

Sorry if I've forgotten any one and :welcome: to everyone else. Much love to all :green_heart: :passitleft:
Thanks for the invite! Hells yessy to the messy Im in on this ride. Perfect timing for me to watch and learn some things before I invest in a similiar system!
Very excited about those strains too :drool:

Front of the bus!
Nothing quit like the view from there mate :cheesygrinsmiley: great to have you here :green_heart: :passitleft:
Thanks for the tag!
No worries mate! Thanks for stopping by :green_heart: :passitleft:
Sweet thanks for the tag gandalf, looks like we're off to a good start.

And awesome sponsor brutha I know you'll show case the light well ;)

I'ma hold down the back of the bus.... Heard there was snacks back there 😬
Thanks growmie! I hope i can do this light justice and my little babies, the snacks are all edibles so have a great time chill and enjoy the ride :green_heart: :passitleft:
Looks awesome already!
Thanks mate! I'm a little worried about 2 of them they had the seed helmet on when they broke through but hopefully they will pull through :green_heart: :passitleft:
Thanks for the invite! Hells yessy to the messy Im in on this ride. Perfect timing for me to watch and learn some things before I invest in a similiar system!
Very excited about those strains too :drool:
Keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times, do not unfasten your seat belt and be prepared for G force "Ganja Force"
Great to have you here mate you're more than welcome! I will be learning on this one to! :green_heart: :passitleft:
Your gonna smash this one buddy 👍
Should be starting my next run soon too 😁
Atb.
Nice one Bruva! Can't wait to see you here mate! :green_heart: :passitleft:

it has been over 12 hours since these babies entered the world of LED and they seem to be enjoying it!
I have turned the humidifier off as we are expecting rain and thunderstorms for the next couple of days and the humidity outside is very high the tent was at 80% which is fine but i don't want to encourage any dampening off. My humidity is sat at 60% and my temps have been consistent around 25-26c which is amazing.

These 4 are loving life on the right Sour D and Blackberry Moonrocks on the left.
DSC_1281.JPG

This one is doing well all up and starting on the new leaves.
DSC_1287.JPG

This one had the shell stuck on but I think she is going to be just fine.
DSC_1288.JPG

This one has a dodgy leaf but also looks like she will be fine.
DSC_1286.JPG

The last one I'm not to sure about. She had the seed stuck on so I pulled it off and the cotyledons were squashed! I left her for 2 days and the cotyledons went brown so I removed them, i think they were damaged by the seed shell (or my removal). She has her first set of serrated leaves but I'm not sure if she will make it! What do you guys think??

DSC_1285.JPG

Also does anyone know of a good ppfd app for android?
Just a little update for now, I hope all is well in your garden much love :green_heart: :passitleft:

Good morning gandalf.... The little ones are doing well.... No worries on the damaged cotilydons, most of mine get damaged and the ladies show no mind.

The last photo of the one that looks like it's growing through a green straw....may have a rocky start but I'm super curious to see how that one specifically will develop.... I've always been a supporter of the under dog ;)

Good morning gandalf.... The little ones are doing well.... No worries on the damaged cotilydons, most of mine get damaged and the ladies show no mind.

The last photo of the one that looks like it's growing through a green straw....may have a rocky start but I'm super curious to see how that one specifically will develop.... I've always been a supporter of the under dog ;)
Thanks mate that is very reassuring :thumb: I'm interested to see if the last one will survive and what she will do! She is a Sour D so I'm hoping she will live. I love an underdog too :green_heart: :passitleft:

Yeah mate, theres going to be a bit of stunt time on little miss leaf topped straw in last pic is all. I had one that went very well after losing a cotyledon and damaging the other side pretty good. In fact shes my tallest and bushiest of the GG autos I have. They just lose a bit of their first bit of reserves I think. Sometimes they dont use it at all, how many times have you seen those little leafs still green and happy way long in a grow. Ive seen them enough with my auto grow that I think if the seedling is healthy enough on popping and they get their first true leaves theyll make it all the way through if you damage the cotyledons.

Looking great friend!

Yeah mate, theres going to be a bit of stunt time on little miss leaf topped straw in last pic is all. I had one that went very well after losing a cotyledon and damaging the other side pretty good. In fact shes my tallest and bushiest of the GG autos I have. They just lose a bit of their first bit of reserves I think. Sometimes they dont use it at all, how many times have you seen those little leafs still green and happy way long in a grow. Ive seen them enough with my auto grow that I think if the seedling is healthy enough on popping and they get their first true leaves theyll make it all the way through if you damage the cotyledons.

Looking great friend!
I'm hoping for the best with this one. I tried so hard not to damage her but the shell was on pretty tight. I've got the day off today and have checked on them a couple of times already 🤣 I'm hoping after a week or so she'll pick up and start growing, I do have some back up seeds but I don't like waste. I'll give her your well wishes and a little hug in the hope she will recover well :green_heart:

The trick is to talk to and treat her like she is the crown jewel of the garden (I mean do that for all of them obviously but go extra sweet for her :cheer: ).

Whole day off... so youre going to check on them another 10 times? lol!
Oh play some music for them!

Hugs and love to all the green babies!

The trick is to talk to and treat her like she is the crown jewel of the garden (I mean do that for all of them obviously but go extra sweet for her :cheer: ).

Whole day off... so youre going to check on them another 10 times? lol!
Oh play some music for them!

Hugs and love to all the green babies!
4 more times already :laugh: I had a chat with her and told her how grateful I would be if she made it :cheer: I have put some individual humidity domes on all the smaller ones and have set a timer now to 18/6 so they get some dark, I'm hoping this is helps with the recovery process. Oh and I had some early 90s hip hop playing in the back ground, Tupac power to the rescue! :rofl:

4 more times already :laugh: I had a chat with her and told her how grateful I would be if she made it :cheer: I have put some individual humidity domes on all the smaller ones and have set a timer now to 18/6 so they get some dark, I'm hoping this is helps with the recovery process. Oh and I had some early 90s hip hop playing in the back ground, Tupac power to the rescue! :rofl:

Youre a good Mum/ Dad etc lol.
Tupac :laughtwo: thats funny but appropriate, that bass and thump will be good for those roots. ;)
I played some old school early-mid 80s goth for mine for most of July lol.

Mine goes from house music to icp to 80s

That's probably why they are all fuc*ed
Nah man they just have broad tastes thanks to you. Now if you’d been playing them some muzak… well yeah they’d be well and truly fckd and we’d be reporting you for flora abuse. 😅

Ultrasonic humidifier
Small Clipon fan
DSC_1258.JPG

DSC_1256.JPG

DSC_1257.JPG

DSC_1264.JPG

DSC_1263.JPG

DSC_1261.JPG
DSC_1262.JPG

DSC_1259.JPG
DSC_1260.JPG

Everyone is healthy and happy. :welldone:
Hope your good Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom