Gandalfthewhite's Soil Grow Ozark By Grounded Genetics 2022

Morning gandalf......you hiding in there somewhere among the forest of green ? Lol looking great growmie.

Anything in store for today?
Thank you my growmie :green_heart: I try and hide in there as much as possible, it's my favorite place to be!

Well I've just got home from work, I start at 2am and finish at 10 😴 so this is my chill time before i put myself to bed for a couple of hours, until the Mrs comes home and then I'll cook dinner, I do all the cooking! But to be honest not much else :rofl:

I have some bubble hash I made after the last run, some Mighty Grape and some Strawberry Amnesia so a good sleep ahead of me.
DSC_1144.JPG

How about you brother? Anything nice planned for the lovely day ahead? much love :green_heart: :passitleft:

Thank you my growmie :green_heart: I try and hide in there as much as possible, it's my favorite place to be!

Well I've just got home from work, I start at 2am and finish at 10 😴 so this is my chill time before i put myself to bed for a couple of hours, until the Mrs comes home and then I'll cook dinner, I do all the cooking! But to be honest not much else :rofl:

I have some bubble hash I made after the last run, some Mighty Grape and some Strawberry Amnesia so a good sleep ahead of me.
DSC_1144.JPG

How about you brother? Anything nice planned for the lovely day ahead? much love :green_heart: :passitleft:
Oooof that's early....I'm 6-2 daily but I enjoy my afternoons off everyday.

Sweet breakfast tray you have there lol I'm sure your gonna sleep like a baby....I zoomed on the bubbler that's a neat piece, bet it ripz nice.

But I work til noon today and then I grab my kid heading to the beach for a bit(I live at the beach during warm season :) ) and then figure it out from there....should be a nice hot day.

Oooof that's early....I'm 6-2 daily but I enjoy my afternoons off everyday.

Sweet breakfast tray you have there lol I'm sure your gonna sleep like a baby....I zoomed on the bubbler that's a neat piece, bet it ripz nice.

But I work til noon today and then I grab my kid heading to the beach for a bit(I live at the beach during warm season :) ) and then figure it out from there....should be a nice hot day.

It is early but like yourself I enjoy the time to myself in the afternoons.

I love my bong :bongrip: she is small but she is mine. She ripz hard with the recycler, it's supposed to be for concentrates but I like to use for bud :cheesygrinsmiley:

Me and the Mrs have been trying for a baby for a couple of years but haven't got there yet, but we do have a little fur baby though 🐶 and she loves me being around all day, she is never alone 🤣
We took her for a walk on the beach last night, we are only around a 10 minute drive to the nearest. I couldn't imagine living away from the sea it's all I've known.

Enjoy your time with the little one my friend and the sun much love :green_heart:

So I have just been doing the 3 week check for herms and found balls on 2 of the ozark! I was going to try and pick them off but there is way too many so looks like these are going in the bin unless anyone has any suggestions 😭
DSC_1146.JPG

A few more pics of the balls, this heat probably stressed these 2. There were a couple of open male flowers but they were inside the buds rather that sticking out. I think I caught it just in time a week later and I would have had a full seeded crop.

These were the obvious ones
DSC_1147.JPG

These were a little harder to see
DSC_1148.JPG

And the aftermath of a very sad day 😭
DSC_1149.JPG

I have checked the other 2 and couldn't see any on them at all and my favourite lady is still alive :cheesygrinsmiley: I don't think it should affect my harvest as they are all just going into week 4 and with the extra space and light they will hopefully pack on the weight.

As for the cuttings do you guys think I should get rid of the cuts from these 2? I'm thinking yes but just wanted some input.

Oh to have a no problem grow what a dream! :rofl: much love to all :green_heart: :passitleft:

Those seem to be full male flowers, right?
If so then yes, I would get rid of the cuttings. I have heard that it's possible for cuttings from hermie plants to be female, but I don't have any experience with them.
Or you could keep the cuttings, just making sure to keep track of which is which, and keep a really close eye on them to make sure you catch it if they start to go hermie as well.

Those seem to be full male flowers, right?
If so then yes, I would get rid of the cuttings. I have heard that it's possible for cuttings from hermie plants to be female, but I don't have any experience with them.
Or you could keep the cuttings, just making sure to keep track of which is which, and keep a really close eye on them to make sure you catch it if they start to go hermie as well.

Thanks for the advice my friend :thumb: Yeah 2 full hermi over here complete male flowers growing out of calyxs and nodes 🤣 oh well I've got a plan...

I will dispose of the cuttings from these 2 and keep the others, which will be 5.

2 are from my favourite and 3 from the other.

I will keep an eye on the good 2 for the next few weeks just incase they hermi, I hope not!

And if all goes well I will veg the 5, keep 1 back from my favourite as a mum and then I know for sure the whole tent will be stable.

That's the plan anyway.... Every cloud has a silver lining and at least I've sifted out the weak.

Fingers crossed for the others.

Much love :green_heart:

God morning everyone :ciao:
After a couple of days grieving I am feeling a bit happier about this grow now, I have disposed of the cuttings from the 2 hermi and I have spread everyone in the flower tent. I can only see a few brown hairs on some of the lowers, so if there is any damage from pollen it will be minimal. I'm so glad I do these checks or this could have been a catastrophe.

This is the Ozark that i want to keep as a mum, she has shown no signs of hermi and is still pushing out pistils. I love her shape and if I can fill a tent with this one I will be very happy.
DSC_1152.JPG

This is the other Ozark I have left she looks very similar to the other 2 that i cut down so i will be keeping a very close eye on her over the next week as this is the time she will show anything,
DSC_1155.JPG

The Strawberry Blues are absolutely killing it. As you can imagine I have checked over every plant with a fine tooth comb and these girls are stable. I have to say these ladies are from older genetics and you can tell for sure. The shape of the buds and the aroma remind me of g13/haze.
This sativa lady needs more N, I will up her feed again on the next watering. She is taller than me in the pot :morenutes:and I'm 5"10! I gave her full strength cal mag, bloombastic and a little bloom feed last time, so I will up the bloom feed on the next one and maybe 1ml of grow just for the extra N.
DSC_1151.JPG

Another sativa leaning lady a bit shorter than the other but still looking awesome. She is a lighter feeder than the other I'm managing to keep her looking healthy.
DSC_1153.JPG

This is the shorter of the 3. More hybrid looking and the stacking is incredible.
DSC_1154.JPG

I am thinking of trying to reveg the tallest girl. I really like a good sativa and she is packing on weight everyday. According to the breeder this strain is 8-10 weeks, and if I can get sativa bud in that little time I'm a very happy man.

So all is not lost in my garden and if I have to give 1 more the chop its not the end of the world, it should make the rest of this years grows a lot easier knowing the girls a bit more.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope all is well in your garden and world much love :green_heart: :passitleft:

Number 3 down 😢 I had another look this afternoon as I'm not going to be able to for the next few days as we have company.
And hermi number 3 enter the building :woohoo: mother f*****
DSC_1156.JPG
DSC_1157.JPG

It is now in the compost bin with the other 2.

As I said I was expecting this as the 3 all had the same growth pattern and structure.

I'm starting to think this isn't me and probably genetics as the strawberry blues are doing great with no signs of stress or hermi.

The one that is left looks good and after another inspection I can't see anything that would make me worry.

Now I see why cuttings from good strains are expensive. I started with 12 seeds:
4 didn't germ, 4 were males and then 3 were hermi. So that leaves 1 and I've got everything thing crossed for her.

I hope you have all had a great week, the weekend is nearly here :cheesygrinsmiley:

Muck love :green_heart: :passitleft:

Man, that's tough. It reminds me why I'm only using good genetics from here on out. Unfortunately, some plants are going to herm😢 Nice catch though.

Hey everyone :ciao:
It's been a week since my last update and what a week it's been! I spent the weekend partying on a beach in the south east of England with some of the best people I know and upon my return I find that I have won a brand new @Mars Hydro FC3000. I am a very happy man and i still have the rest of the week off!

So i left the last update a little sad with the hermie situation., but I have had another good look and these girls seem good. I have noticed some seed pods here and there but I think i caught it in time.

We are now mid way through week 5 of flower and things are starting to gain pace.

This is the last Ozark and she is doing well. She is looking healthy and has a very unique aroma i'm thinking OG with funk.
DSC_1185.JPG

A little close up shot of one of the flowers. Lots of trichs and they seem to be swelling well.
DSC_1186.JPG

My sativa lady is still packing on weight, there are few brown hairs here and there so I think she will be an early finisher. She smells like sweet haze with fruits at the moment.
DSC_1183.JPG

The other sativa lady is also doing well, stacking up nicely and starting to give off a very hazy aroma with a touch of gas.
DSC_1187.JPG

This lady is going to be heavy! The stacking is awesome and the colas are joining up well. She has a diesel/haze aroma.
DSC_1184.JPG

The autos are doing there own thing.
This is the GG auto she has been very slow to start but the 12/12 light cycle is probably to blame. I think she may be slightly overfed but the buds are starting to get bigger and she seems happy enough.
DSC_1189.JPG

The Geist OG is nearly done I think a week or so should do it. I wasn't expecting much so I am surprised at the bud that she has given me, a couple of Blunts here :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1188.JPG

The 2 Ozark cuttings are still looking good. I'm going to keep these 2 until the mum is finished to see if the final product is any good. If i like it then these 2 will become mums for a future grow.
DSC_1177.JPG

New veg growth and alot of trichs still forming on these little ones. I hope the mum is good I don't really want to have wasted the last couple of months, but we live and learn.
DSC_1180.JPG
DSC_1179.JPG

For the next grow I think I'm going back to basics with seeds, it seems a lot of new breeders/strains are rushed out without proper testing and I don't have the time or space to be sifting out males. So it will be fems next time.

Have any of you tried Cali Connection seeds? I was looking at their Sour Diesel as it is my partners favourite.

Also have any of you guys heard of a new strain called Blackberry Moonrocks by Tastebudz i will be getting 8 seeds free with my order.

I hope all is well in your garden and world much love to all :green_heart: :passitleft:

Hey everyone :ciao:

it is the start of week 6 of flower and everything is moving along nicely :cheesygrinsmiley: Everyone is on full feed-

Per 1 litre:
1ml Bloombastic
3/4ml bloom feed
1ml calmag

The Ozark is starting to fill out her buds and is looking very healthy. I've been checking consistently for any signs of herming but she seems to be a true female so I am a very happy man.
Every time I touch her I get that OZK smell with some added funk, like beefy chips.
DSC_1193.JPG

A little close up shot of one of the top buds, nice and frosty and according to the breeder has a minimum of 3 weeks left.
DSC_1199.JPG

The 2 Ozark cuttings from the this mum have reverted well from flowering :cheesygrinsmiley: They are looking very healthy and the new growth is looking good.
DSC_1206.JPG

The new growth is covered in trichs still but they have definitely reverted back to veg.
DSC_1205.JPG

DSC_1203.JPG

The sativa lady is steaming through her flowering, I've seen some brown hairs all over but she just keeps pumping out new pistils, she has been a little overfed over the last couple of feeds but I'm trying to keep her green for a least the next 2 weeks. I'm thinking 10 weeks on this one, but maybe more.
DSC_1191.JPG

The longest cola in the garden by far! Over 1ft long and filling out well. I imagine this will dry on the airy side but the smell coming of this lady is pure haze and sweet fruit. I can't wait to light up a bowl.
DSC_1192.JPG

This is the more hybrid looking girl. She is still packing on weight and I'm expecting her to go around 8 weeks or so. Her smell has changed to a more hashy/diesel with a slight bit of the haze and her buds are a lot more dense than the other 2 sativa ladies. Again she as a lot of brown hairs but is continuing to pump out new flowers,
DSC_1195.JPG

This is the other sativa leaning lady. She has a similar smell to the other sativa lady but with a glue/diesel overtone, I had a little rub test on one of the smaller buds and I was a bit taken back by how different she smelt.
DSC_1201.JPG

So I'm expecting my new @Mars Hydro FC3000 this week which I won in the random Photo contest last week :cheesygrinsmiley: so I will be setting up a 1mx1mx2m tent in the next week too. I will be using this as my new veg area for some Original Sour Diesel and my 2 Ozark cuttings.

I havnt used LED for seedlings or vegging in the past so any help on the hanging height/dimmer settings for seedlings would be much appreciated.

I hope all is well in your garden and world much love :green_heart: :passitleft:

Pretty garden brother!
Have some serious colas going on in there.
Love how that Sativa is growing.
Thanks mate :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm so surprised at there growth. The seeds were at least 6 years old and the company no longer exists to my knowledge. I wish I had taken cuttings, especially the tallest one. I'm really considering a reveg but it will take up some prime space in the new veg area... Oh to have more room :passitleft:

Thanks mate :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm so surprised at there growth. The seeds were at least 6 years old and the company no longer exists to my knowledge. I wish I had taken cuttings, especially the tallest one. I'm really considering a reveg but it will take up some prime space in the new veg area... Oh to have more room :passitleft:
Man, good call on the reveg. Some of my best plants i didn't clone.

6yrs keeping seeds still poppin is nice.
Do you store them in the refrigerator?

Man, good call on the reveg. Some of my best plants i didn't clone.

6yrs keeping seeds still poppin is nice.
Do you store them in the refrigerator?

I am seriously considering that reveg, I may have to do a little jiggling and see if I can find a small light to go In my 90x1mx1.2. If i turn it on its side its a good little veg area for a couple of plants...
I do refrigerate them in the veg draw in a Tupperware container, much to my partners annoyance when shes just been shopping and cant fit the cauliflower in :rofl:
DSC_1207.JPG

Just a small collection though :rofl:
DSC_1176.JPG

:passitleft:

Seed drop :cheesygrinsmiley: well I'm now very excited! All came in a nice dvd case, signed for by my post man :green_heart: and popped through the door, he's a good chap, we were discussing disposable THC vapes the other morning, he does his round every day walking on a cloud :laugh:

These will be for my next run while the Ozark mums bush out.

The Blackberry Moonrocks were the freebies in this order
DSC_1208.JPG

I can't wait to pop these Original Sour Diesel
DSC_1209.JPG

I'm thinking 6 altogether for the next run.
4 Original Sour Diesel and 2 Blackberry Moonrocks. I think 8 would be to many as I plan on getting these girls big.

Also lighting for the next run will be-
@Mars Hydro FC3000 for seedling/veg
Then for flowering
@Mars Hydro FC3000
GN Telos 0008 240w LED
1x 315wcmh

After this next run I'm hoping to go full LED as I've really struggled this year with the temps and it's easier to add heat than take it away.

Anyway enough rambling 😄 I hope your week has started well and your gardens are treating you kindly much love :green_heart:

So I'm undecided wether to start the seedlings under the t5 or straight under the @Mars Hydro FC3000 at 25%?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated much love :green_heart: :passitleft:
Its hard beating the t5 but ive used the LED too. Usually turn it down to 100watts and no problems bro

Its hard beating the t5 but ive used the LED too. Usually turn it down to 100watts and no problems bro
I was thinking T5 but I want to really see what this light can do. I normally stay under the T5 for round 2 weeks before moving them on to a 315cmh then add 315s as they grow. Do you guys think they will show any stress going from T5 to the LED?

Back
Top Bottom