Gang's Second (Box) Grow: CFL + LST + Soil

Hmmm... I would try 1/4 strength on the guano. Is that the only 2 leaves its on? It doesn't look too widespred imo.

I had already given her about 1/3 strength on the guano when I noticed the spots. It's on more than two leaves, but it did not look too widespread as of this morning. I'll be checking her again in about an hour when the lights come on.

Hmmm... I would try 1/4 strength on the guano. Is that the only 2 leaves its on? It doesn't look too widespred imo.

Looks like nutes burn to me, but what the heck do I know. I am sure someone with more experience than I will chime in, keep a close eye and make sure its not getting any worse. Good luck....

Man I'm gonna have to come back when I'm more able to read...

Your ladies look just outstanding!!!!:yummy:

:goodjob::welldone::ganjamon: & :thumb:

Looks like nutes burn to me, but what the heck do I know. I am sure someone with more experience than I will chime in, keep a close eye and make sure its not getting any worse. Good luck....

Hey, Sonzor. I'm thinking it was a phosphorus deficiency since she's also got a lot of reddening, purpling, and other discolorations. If I remember correctly, I gave Jetsam a pretty hefty dose of the high phosphorus guano as a top dressing early in the 12 hour cycle, but I didn't give Gaia any (or hardly any) since I heard it was possible to burn plants with too much guano and I didn't want to take any chances with her. Didn't have the time or place to brew up a proper tea also. I should have given her a bit more at the time, but anyway the problem doesn't look like it's getting much worse, although I certainly notice subtle (and some not-so-subtle) discolorations all around her now.

Doesn't seem to be slowing down the crystal production though. When I checked on her tonight I got a sense that she is healthy and her tops are really starting to fatten up.

Man I'm gonna have to come back when I'm more able to read...

Your ladies look just outstanding!!!!:yummy:

:goodjob::welldone::ganjamon: & :thumb:

Glad you could stop by and say hello. Thanks!

And since week 7 just ended . . .

Gaia:

I finally put some mylar on the back and side walls of the cab. The mylar significantly increased the light at several sample points on the floor of the cab compared to before. The stuff is highly reflective, yes, but reflectivity comes at a price, apparently, and that shtuff is a pain to work with. I do not have a good relationship with it. Now that it's on the walls, tho, I think it'll leave me alone as long as I don't touch it or let anything else touch it. I think I got a crease in one piece just by looking at it wrong. Seriously, what is the deal with that stuff? 97% reflective? I guess, but I can practically read a book through it with the other 3% just by holding it near a regular light. And what does "2 mil" mean anyway? Two millionths of a nanometer? No way it's 2 millimeters, not even close. I'm glad I decided to go with the 2mil instead of the 1mil tho.

Anyway, its significantly more reflective, somehow, but I have to work with it in small pieces to avoid sanity issues.

day049_001.JPG

day049_003.jpg

day049_004.jpg

day049_006.JPG

day049_002.JPG

Jetsam:
Beginning to fatten.
day049_009.JPG

day049_013.jpg

Good call putting up the mylar. That plant is amazing. Lots and lots of lovely buds sites and that little one is awesome. Very, very nice job. + rep

Hey, Sonzor. I'm thinking it was a phosphorus deficiency since she's also got a lot of reddening, purpling, and other discolorations. If I remember correctly, I gave Jetsam a pretty hefty dose of the high phosphorus guano as a top dressing early in the 12 hour cycle, but I didn't give Gaia any (or hardly any) since I heard it was possible to burn plants with too much guano and I didn't want to take any chances with her. Didn't have the time or place to brew up a proper tea also. I should have given her a bit more at the time, but anyway the problem doesn't look like it's getting much worse, although I certainly notice subtle (and some not-so-subtle) discolorations all around her now.

Doesn't seem to be slowing down the crystal production though. When I checked on her tonight I got a sense that she is healthy and her tops are really starting to fatten up.

Glad you could stop by and say hello. Thanks!

And since week 7 just ended . . .

Gaia:

I finally put some mylar on the back and side walls of the cab. The mylar significantly increased the light at several sample points on the floor of the cab compared to before. The stuff is highly reflective, yes, but reflectivity comes at a price, apparently, and that shtuff is a pain to work with. I do not have a good relationship with it. Now that it's on the walls, tho, I think it'll leave me alone as long as I don't touch it or let anything else touch it. I think I got a crease in one piece just by looking at it wrong. Seriously, what is the deal with that stuff? 97% reflective? I guess, but I can practically read a book through it with the other 3% just by holding it near a regular light. And what does "2 mil" mean anyway? Two millionths of a nanometer? No way it's 2 millimeters, not even close. I'm glad I decided to go with the 2mil instead of the 1mil tho.

Anyway, its significantly more reflective, somehow, but I have to work with it in small pieces to avoid sanity issues.
Hey gang great job with both grows in controlling the height on those girls. Beautiful job all around. Since your box is big enough for 2 foot tubes have you ever considered the extra grow space reg, fluro's would give you?
They work pretty good too and allow the plants to get closer since they aren't as hot to the touch....Are LED's really better then fluro's. You be the judge!
Keep up the great work :thumb:

Hmmmm.. Deeeeelicious & sugary lookin :yummy: And Jetsam is starting to get thiiiick bro. She's comin into her own.

:adore::bravo:

Day 53 of Flower

Good call putting up the mylar. That plant is amazing. Lots and lots of lovely buds sites and that little one is awesome. Very, very nice job. + rep

Hey sonzor. I was surprised by the mylar's reflectivity. The light meter showed a little increase as I applied each sheet so, yeah, it's pretty amazing stuff considering the material that was previously lining the box is supposed to be 96% reflective. Happy about the increased light though. Every little bit helps.

colapalooza baby!!

Yeah! Colapalooza!

She's got somewhere around 30 tops, I think, living in the sweet spot, that are becoming nice mini-colas. Hard for me to count em, tho, especially when I'm baked.

She is a work of art bro!!!! :theband::woohoo::theband::bravo::tommy:

:ganjamon:Peace

Thanks, Mtn. It's been a labor of love because, to tell you the truth, LST like this seems to take a bit of time and has been killing my back, but the payoff. Oh man, the payoff!

Hey gang great job with both grows in controlling the height on those girls. Beautiful job all around. Since your box is big enough for 2 foot tubes have you ever considered the extra grow space reg, fluro's would give you?
They work pretty good too and allow the plants to get closer since they aren't as hot to the touch....Are LED's really better then fluro's. You be the judge!
Keep up the great work :thumb:

Hey ledtester. I'll check out the link. I'd have to see what kind of light output they generate but, yes, the additional space could potentially be as much as a couple of inches of additional height. Thanks!

Hmmmm.. Deeeeelicious & sugary lookin :yummy: And Jetsam is starting to get thiiiick bro. She's comin into her own.

:adore::bravo:

Oh Yeah! The calyxes are really starting to kick now, so from here on out it should be nothing but fattening and ripening.

:welcome:

Day 56 UPDATE

Jetsam:
She is not completely cylindrical, so here she looks a little skinnier than she does in the last update. Kinda a profile shot. I'd estimate she's about 1.75 inches in diameter at some places and she's still filling in. She's not gonna be as fat as a soda can or anything, but the density is gonna be amazing, especially the top several inches.

I'm interested to see how the bottom half of Jetsam turns out with respect to the top, since the light intensity drops off so dramatically. By the way, the light at Jetsam's "head" measures right around 4000 footcandle (~43,000 Lux) when the doors to the cab are open. Slightly more when closed.

DSCF000238.jpg

Gaia:
Lots of color changes happening here. I watered today with molasses water only. Good, solid drenching too. Filtered tap water pH= 7.15-7.20 on average. Added molasses until water pH = 6.90. Probably about a tsp/gal, but this is just an estimate. Let her rip. Runoff pH=6.71.

Tops are still filling in nicely. Lots of pistils have turned, and on many buds more than 50% of them are orange. Light meter is measuring 3500-4000fc at Gaia's canopy. Favorable humidity lately too, around 40%.

I walked in the room yesterday and the smell nearly floored me. I'm still trying to find the best descriptive words for what I'm sensing, but the words "diesel" and "fuel" are pretty much dominating the entire olfactory-language landscape. The rest is just a feelin' I get when I smell the aroma. What can I say? I loves me my hydrocarbons, baby! Woot!

From Wikipedia, blew my mind . . .

"Olfaction and audition

Olfaction and sound information has been shown to converge in the olfactory tubercles of rodents [15]. This neural convergence is proposed to give rise to a percept termed smound[16]. Whereas a flavor results from interactions between smell and taste, a smound may result from interactions between smell and sound."

Time to service the carbon filters I guess . . . and maybe . . . time to service my mind too :bongrip: (as if I hadn't been "servicing" my mind already). Let's hear it for neural convergences!

DSCF00139.JPG

DSCF001813.JPG

DSCF002010.JPG

DSCF002210.JPG

DSCF002310.JPG

DSCF002412.jpg

Thanks so much for visiting my journal! Comments/suggestions?

:peace:

DSCF00139.JPG

DSCF001813.JPG

DSCF002010.JPG

DSCF002210.JPG

DSCF002310.JPG

DSCF002412.jpg

Thanks so much for visiting my journal! Comments/suggestions?

:yummy::yummy::yummy:
The crazy thing is, judging by your last grow, they're gonna look like trees in antartica.. I'll tell ya this, you are a patient man, it takes will power to let them finish when they already look like that. Dude I woulda sampled half the plant already lol.. Professionale lookin buds Gang. :adore:

dro:reading420magazine:

Dude she looks just outstanding man!!!!

I agree with Dro, I would have sampled her as well...:yahoo:

:bravo: & :welldone:

:yummy::yummy::yummy:
The crazy thing is, judging by your last grow, they're gonna look like trees in antartica.. I'll tell ya this, you are a patient man, it takes will power to let them finish when they already look like that. Dude I woulda sampled half the plant already lol.. Professionale lookin buds Gang. :adore:

dro:reading420magazine:

Dude she looks just outstanding man!!!!

I agree with Dro, I would have sampled her as well...:yahoo:

:bravo: & :welldone:

What's happening Dro and Light-1-up !

Oh yeah, about the sampling see, the thing is, there are these lower budlette sites that hardly get any light anyway and, um . . . hey! Over there! Skylab!

Okay, so I did trim off quite a few of the lowest sites on Gaia, you know, just to keep all the energy and resources directed toward the tops. I'm drying the trimmings and most is going into a jar and eventually will be combined with all the trimmings from last grow and this grow. I won't have too much actual mass, but lots of surface area, and some of the stuff I've thrown into that jar was just insane looking. Maybe get a couple of g's of some shiz. I have no idea what that means.

Anywho, I finally broke off a good, nice sized specimen from Gaia, a lower bud that, while somewhat shaded, was still an extraordinary and sugary enough specimen for the experiment. Diced it up a bit, filled a bowl, then let her rip . . . nice bit of body warmth and glow, but the head component is very strong. Time shifty and trippy. The force is strong with this one!

Welcome Light-1-up !

Hey Gang,

Man looks great,

Really even and just enough space ! :welldone:

Let me know when your entering it for POTM so I for sure don't enter that month !

+ Rep
MJ420:peace:

Thanks MJ420! Peace!

Well, almost enough space anyway. She has completely filled the depth of the box. There is already a bit of resin smeared on the mylar because a bud or two have been getting a bit smushed up against the walls of the cab. She only reasonably fits into the cabinet in one orientation now. And she is becoming somewhat boxy and rectangular in her old age.

POTM? Awww. Gaia is blushing.

Dude does she even have any leaves lol? Except at the bottom that chick looks all bud:yummy:

You're doing greats things in here.
Gratz buddy.

Thanks superweed! Welcome!

Dude does she even have any leaves lol? Except at the bottom that chick looks all bud:yummy:

I dunno man. You know she had a little trouble when she was just a babe, so when I threw her in to the 12 hr light cycle with Gaia it was pretty much just to see what would happen.

Last night I gave her butt a little squeeze, and that is when I discovered what a tight ass she has! Seriously, there is no fluffiness to her bud-based body. I'm tellin' ya, dense nuggetry from top to bottom. Hard and lean. No give when I squeeze. WTH? Is this sounding right? How could it be wrong if it feels so right? With so much less light at the bottom of her body relative to the amount/intensity of the light at the top, I was expecting at least a bit of fluffiness but, happily, this is not the case.

Trimming should be a snap tho!

Back
Top Bottom