Ganja_smoker's Hydroponic Grow Journal

ganja_smoker

I've been reading a lot of the grow journals on here and they've been a lot of help. So I decided to put one up of my own. Dont expect too much from me though. It's my first attempt at growing.

At this point I am 25 days from germination on four of my plants, and I have two more that are 19 days from germination.

My growspace is 4' X 3' X 8' tall
It is split into two separate rooms.....veg and flower.
Right now only the veg side is operational.

Hydroponic set up is a recovery Drip system with a ten gallon reservior. Drips for 1/2 hour 3 times a day.

I'm using fluorescent light for vegetative growth.....
8 bulb T5 High Output Fluorescent 2ft bulbs (4)6500K & (4)3000K
Lights are on 18 hours a day.

My fan is plugged into a thermostat. Keeps the temp at around 69-74

I started with White Widow seeds. Germinated 4 and all 4 cracked and were planted in rockwool starter cubes and then into 4 X 4 X 3 rockwool cubes.

After 2 weeks I transferred the rockwool into 1 gallon pots with hydroton.

Thats where I'm at.....3 weeks since sprouting.

here's my growroom......

DSC000011.JPG

top view of 1ww at 25 days from germination.....

DSC000022.JPG

2ww has some brown spots on a few of the lower leaves. what could causing this?

DSC000031.JPG

1ww and 3ww are doing the best.......

DSC000042.JPG

Lookin good. Glad you started your journal so we can go along for the ride.

:headbanger:

I'm setting up my flowering room.......

DSC00013.JPG

It's the same size as the veg room. Very small - the tray I'm using is 2' X 2'

My plan is to fill the whole tray with hydroton and Ebb and Flow irrigation.

I have not bought a light for this side yet and I'm wondering what I should get. My plan is to get a 400W HPS with a coolable hood. Is 400 Watt HPS the right light for this size room?

Ive got 1 plant right now on hydro that is taking up 3ft x 3ft and I flowered it at 5 inches. It's the only plant in the room and got some good light, prolly why it grew like it was under nuclear radiation. Also the roots had tons of space, they are taking up a good portion of a 20gallon res DWC style.

Hmm..I just grew 15 girls in a 4' X 8' area. That's about 2 sq/ft per plant using 2600 watts of HPS light and I had hella results. It really doesn't matter if the plants are tight together as long as the conditions are right---> Good growing medium, correct PH, correct feeding/watering schedule, adequate ventilation and enough light to get deep into the foliage.

Totally agree hehe. The difference this time around for me with having good conditions was like the difference between night and day. My plant is about 2x bigger and about 3x as many buds sites as my last one, and it didnt even veg as long as my last. I mean my conditions werent even perfect either, my humidity is a bit too high at night, and the heat was too hot on some branches during stretch because it refused to stop getting taller.

sorry for run on sentences and bad grammer, little buzzed atm : )

Thanks for the comments......I currently have four plants growing........Oh god I should not be posting after St. Patricks Day Partying.........but anyways, I'm looking for one good female plant to keep in vegetation and make clones from.

So, what about the 400 watt HPS in that flower room?

****Photo Update****
took some photos today. the plants are looking good. I'll post the pics here as soon as they're approved.
Unfortunately due to my poor photography skills I only ended up with a few good photos. I'll have to work on that.

The plants are growing.

They're about 11 1/2" tall now. so far so good.
here's some new photos. The plants are about 5 weeks old.......

Untitled-2.jpg

DSC000301.jpg

I noticed some browning of the tips of some of the lower leaves yesterday (actually I've been seeing it for a while) so I switched out the nutrient solution and replaced it with plain distilled water. Its been in there for 24 hours (three waterings) I'm gonna switch back to the nutrients now. Hopefully that was enough to flush out any build up of nutrients.

I think I can see preflowers on one of my plants. Not sure though.
Is it only the females that get pre-flowers or do the males show signs of their sex in vegetative growth also?

update.....
6 1/2 weeks now and looking good. I'm pretty sure 3 of the 4 are females and I cant tell yet on the 4th one yet. Pruned a lot of the lower fan leaves yesterday so the light can get through. They're about 18" tall now.

sixweeks.jpg

I'm gonna buy my HPS light this weekend and start budding one of these females.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

those plants look great for being a first timer....

Back
Top Bottom