GanjaPreneur420's 1st Grow

GanjaPreneur420

Not entirely sure how to begin, so I'll just jump in. This will be my first grow although I've been lurking for many years. :welcome:

Sadly, I wish I started this journal from the point of planting the seeds however this will begin 5 weeks after the seeds were placed in soil post germination(Nov 2, 2018).

Here are the basics...

GanjaPreneur420 2018 Grow Journal (#1)

Setup:

Seeds:
One CANUK GG#4 Feminized
Three CANUK Cookies - Elite Strain Feminized
Growing medium:
Pro-Mix HP
Nutrients:
Veg - Advanced Nutrients 3 part system(grow, micro, bloom), B-52, Voodoo Juice.
Bloom - Advanced Nutrients 3 part system(grow, micro, bloom), B52, Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, Overdrive.
Equipment:
4' X 4' X 6' grow tent
6 gallon Octopots.
Light - HLG550 v1 build (4xQB288 Quantum Boards, HLG-480H-C2100A Driver).
Light Schedule:
18/6 during veg, 12/12 during bloom.
Vortex S-600 6" Inline Fan.
VivoSun 6" Air Carbon Filter.
6" Hurricane Clip Fan.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oct 31: Placed One GG#4, and Three of the Cookies seeds in shot glasses, with tap water.

Nov 1: After 18 hours, all seeds had cracked and the tap root was nice and white. Placed seeds in between two sheets of thick paper towels, inside containers, moistened, and placed in darkness.

Nov 2: After 21 hours, all 4 seeds had a tap root of about 1 inch and were placed in the 6 gallon Octopots and Pro-Mix. As per the instructions from Octopot I am only supposed to water over the top at the time of planting the seed. To promote aggressive growth the reservoir is filled up to the 2nd mark(4gallon out of 6).

IMG_0101.jpg

Nov 5: All 4 seeds popped out of dirt. GG#4 definitely the strongest of the bunch. Cookies(3) lagging behind.

GG#4
IMG_0102.jpg

Cookies(1)
IMG_0103.jpg

Cookies(2)
IMG_0104.jpg

Cookies(3) - The runt
IMG_0105.jpg

Nov 12: 1 week after first sprouting from the mix. Have not added any nutrients at this point.

GG#4
IMG_0116.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0117.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0118.JPG

Cookies(3)
IMG_0119.JPG

Nov 19: 1st week adding nutrients. I have cut the nutrients in half by 50% as this is a closed loop system. I also topped the GG#4 at this time.

GG#4
IMG_0121.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0122.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0123.JPG

Cookies(3) - Runt
IMG_0124.JPG

Nov 22: Group shot
IMG_0125.JPG

As seen, the GG#4 plant is absolutely killing it compared to the Cookies.

Nov 26: Topped the water up to the 2nd level. Added another round of Nutrients.

GG#4
IMG_0129.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0130.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0131.JPG

Cookies(3)
IMG_0132.JPG

Dec 3: Another week of nutrients and water was topped up to the max level(6 gallon).

Dec 3: Group Shot - Pre water
IMG_0143.JPG

GG#4
IMG_0139.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0140.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0141.JPG

Cookies(3)
IMG_0142.JPG

Unfortunately I have been doing some minor defoliation throughout the veg period. I wish I had let them grow out a bit before. The node spacing is ridiculously close, there is no stretch. I believe that was due to getting too much light(hard words to say) at a young stage it may have stunted them a bit.

Dec 8: Group Shot
IMG_0150.JPG

As you can see i have a scrog net ready to be installed.

Dec 10: So I decided I am going to veg for 1 more week. I topped all reservoirs to 6 gallons and added the nutrients at half strength. This week I added Cal mag as well as I could see some minor areas of calcium deficiency.

Dec 10: Group Shot after feeding(with my helper).
IMG_0157.JPG

GG#4
IMG_0153.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0154.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0155.JPG

Cookies(3)
IMG_0156.JPG

Hey ganja and welcome to 420!

The setup looks great so far nice and clean! The growth on GG4 looks fantastic and the all the cookies are off to a great start!

I also run AN full lineup and I am using promix but in smartpots (fabric). I too have the same net trellis and it’s a little big to be considering it a scrog! Usually a scrog is only a couple inches for square sizing.

I like the octopots I haven’t read much about them but from what yours look like they seem to be a pretty cool design! Excited to watch!

Your off to the races so far so if you don’t mind I’ll pull up a seat and see what I can stick my nose into around here haha!

Stay medicated pal :passitleft:

Hey ganja and welcome to 420!

The setup looks great so far nice and clean! The growth on GG4 looks fantastic and the all the cookies are off to a great start!

I also run AN full lineup and I am using promix but in smartpots (fabric). I too have the same net trellis and it’s a little big to be considering it a scrog! Usually a scrog is only a couple inches for square sizing.

I like the octopots I haven’t read much about them but from what yours look like they seem to be a pretty cool design! Excited to watch!

Your off to the races so far so if you don’t mind I’ll pull up a seat and see what I can stick my nose into around here haha!

Stay medicated pal :passitleft:

Thanks,

Yea the trellis is definitely too large for a "scrog". I think I will use it as a support system(if my plants stretch) and tie them up to the net.

Hard to believe but the roots of all the plants are filling the reservoir below which I will try and get a picture of. It really is pretty remarkable how many there are considering its quite a ways to get all the way down there.
Cheers, :passitleft:

Thanks,

Yea the trellis is definitely too large for a "scrog". I think I will use it as a support system(if my plants stretch) and tie them up to the net.

Hard to believe but the roots of all the plants are filling the reservoir below which I will try and get a picture of. It really is pretty remarkable how many there are considering its quite a ways to get all the way down there.
Cheers, :passitleft:

Ah that’s cool ! Neat to see them start in promix and grow roots into a res. below.

I’m also am a fellow Canadian so good to see more Canadian growers coming aboard!

Heres a few pictures of my girls currently! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to @me and I’ll try to point you in the right direction

Ah that’s cool ! Neat to see them start in promix and grow roots into a res. below.

I’m also am a fellow Canadian so good to see more Canadian growers coming aboard!

Heres a few pictures of my girls currently! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to @me and I’ll try to point you in the right direction
Wow that is one lovely looking grow!! I will be sure to ask if anything pops up.:welldone:

Dec 12: So since I have the day off, I will be posting some photos of the girls.

Veg day (37) from popping from the dirt.

IMG_0160.JPG

Group Shot:
IMG_0159.JPG

The next 4 will be of the underbelly. Just how short and stalky these girls are.

GG#4
IMG_0161.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0162.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0163.JPG

Cookies(3)
IMG_0164.JPG

And Finally, some over the top shots.

GG#4
IMG_0165.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0166.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0169.JPG

Cookies(3)
IMG_0170.JPG

Thats it for now,

If anyone has absolutely anything to say good/bad please let me know as any advice would be greatly appreciated!

For now, :rollit:

If you do not mind I would like to follow your grow you are checking mine out. We are at the same amount if days and the difference is deffently noticeable you have a really nice thing going there they are pretty
I absolutely do not mind! After all, aren't we are all in this together :) At least this is where I have learned everything in some form or another.

Looking good man never seen pots like that. I’m subbed
Good to have you on board. Yea these pots are interesting as I don't water them from the top at all throughout the grow. Makes the feedings a little more interesting haha

Dec 14:

So.. I decided I am going to flip to flower on Monday. Therefor I have defoliated the girls a bit before and I will probably do a better one in a weeks time.(If I am wrong please correct me..) As the feeding is a bit of a weird situation I have topped the water up to the 2nd mark to hopefully have them down to the 1 mark by Monday so i can feed her a full 4 gal of water/nutrients. At least thats the plan haha...:hmmmm:

Below are the pics taken after they were chopped down by a machete.. (Not actually more of a reference for my shaky hands lmao)

Lights were also lowered to about 21" before they go down to 18" on Monday.

Full Shot after hack job and pre lowering of the light.
IMG_0174.JPG

GG#4
IMG_0175.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0176.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0177.JPG

Cookies(3)
IMG_0178.JPG

Its crazy as I am looking at these pictures now makes its seem like I didn't take anything off... I did I swear I was scared I took too much off haha

Its also crazy how these Quantum board Led's make these plants look so much lighter than they really are.

That is all for now, stay safe :volcano-smiley:

Attachments

• IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    695 KB · Views: 290
Dec 14:

So.. I decided I am going to flip to flower on Monday. Therefor I have defoliated the girls a bit before and I will probably do a better one in a weeks time.(If I am wrong please correct me..) As the feeding is a bit of a weird situation I have topped the water up to the 2nd mark to hopefully have them down to the 1 mark by Monday so i can feed her a full 4 gal of water/nutrients. At least thats the plan haha...:hmmmm:

Below are the pics taken after they were chopped down by a machete.. (Not actually more of a reference for my shaky hands lmao)

Lights were also lowered to about 21" before they go down to 18" on Monday.

Full Shot after hack job and pre lowering of the light.
IMG_0174.JPG

GG#4
IMG_0175.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0176.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0177.JPG

Cookies(3)
IMG_0178.JPG

Its crazy as I am looking at these pictures now makes its seem like I didn't take anything off... I did I swear I was scared I took too much off haha

Its also crazy how these Quantum board Led's make these plants look so much lighter than they really are.

That is all for now, stay safe :volcano-smiley:
I wonder if glasses will change that? Ot is crazy how yellow light green they spear under the lights. They are dark waxy green though

Back
Top Bottom