Garden Of Eden

Sorry about the male LAB! That sucks... like the Coconut water. Try some it's good for you.

I drink a bunch of that stuff before and after swim training. Helps me with recovery and also supplies me with a lot of energy ... I swim a shit ton of laps 70 -100 laps 4x a week. Coconut water FTW.

No worries bud! Life goes on haha :Namaste:

If that tin stuff with the aloe in it seems legit(looks like it does only 2 ingredients) I'll probably order a couple cases!

Think I'm gonna get an RO system this week....pretty sure I now have everything else I need to get me to the end now, so figure it's time to start looking into RO....my tap water isn't horrible(250ppm) and our city doesn't use chloramine but with RO should you ever encounter a problem you'll know for sure it isn't you water.

I love to folair the shit outta my girls daily....wondering if for the purposes of folair however if tap water would be better than RO water? Twice a week I do the IPM recipe, but if I spray them other days should I add anything or just straight up tap water or straight up RO water?

Not that it will help, but you didn't say if you're going to use a "flow-through" type worm bin setup. If you do, you will be much happier. You can search "VermBin" on google. I would link, but that doesn't feel right in this forum. Read up on flow-through systems. I'm not affiliated with anyone. Just passing along info that makes life easier.

Thats a great point... I think for flow thru we need a drain hole and a collection dish for the liquid from the vermi-composting process. That can be made into a tea. Downside is you need to not leave it out in open air too long so some sort of enclosed container then add water and BOOM life goes wild!

I'm not the expert on those closed systems, as I do vermi-composting in outdoor much larger bins with lids and the soil absorbs the liquid run down. Eventually in outdoor, an equilibrium takes place with regard to liquids... too much worms die, too little worms die... in an outdoor bin the vermi-compost that is at the btm layer will absorb the fluids from the worms and the bacteria that are there help regulate the moisture content (and a bunch of other freaks of nature).

The worms (red wigglers) are top of pile inhabitants. There are other worms that we can mix in like those big night Crawlers (euro and Canadian versions) that inhabit lower down in the pile ... They get a long and some cross breed and we get local variance... very similar to cannabis plants.

Look up "hungrybin" it's pricey, but I've talked to a BUNCH of people who say it's the best. It does take time to get it full and on a rotational cycle of producing compost/castings. I have an extensive knowledge of many things (autodidact), but little use of the knowledge (not put into practice....yet).

So culled Labyrinth today

Not a leaf nor stem goes to waste!

Sprayed the ladies down with coconut water & aloe, Horsetail tea, ful power and a dash of Grow-Sil, then gave them a slight watering with the coco/aloe water + water...got an ACT brewing so didn’t wanna drench them today...will get them tomorrow

Anyone have advice on good plug in fans?

Wanna increase my flow in the tent.....looking at all these fans there's so many options....not sure what determines how 'good' one is, figured maybe watts but most of them don't even list how many watts used...l.tried a couple of those $20 6" clip-ons last grow but 1 died already and they were kind of pointless tbh, barely created a breeze at all

Got a few I'm looking at, interested in good opinions if anyone has any :Namaste:

Yea those clip fans suck ass.. i bought two in a years time and they both broke lol. I bought a good floor fan from Amazon this time and i really like it. Lights up so you gotta tape up the display but it's a solid build. Lots of options on it.

Best Choice Products Adjustable 16" Oscillating Pedestal Fan Timer Double Blades W/ Remote Control

1666162312006.png

Sucks about the male.. at least he didnt splooge on your ladies. I may have not gotten so lucky lol. That romulan haze is a weird mutant! I like her she looks like lettuce lol. Beautiful garden man!:yummy:

I went through a pile of fans. Best one I've had is one i found in the thrift store... 7$
That's what I'm trying to avoid! Lol

Currently I have a 12" oscillating on the floor, a 6" clip-on and just picked up a 16" floor stand...still want another 1-2 though just to get some good air flow going :Namaste:

Yea those clip fans suck ass.. i bought two in a years time and they both broke lol. I bought a good floor fan from Amazon this time and i really like it. Lights up so you gotta tape up the display but it's a solid build. Lots of options on it.

Best Choice Products Adjustable 16" Oscillating Pedestal Fan Timer Double Blades W/ Remote Control

Sucks about the male.. at least he didnt splooge on your ladies. I may have not gotten so lucky lol. That romulan haze is a weird mutant! I like her she looks like lettuce lol. Beautiful garden man!:yummy:

Welcome to the thread & thank you! :Namaste:

Romulan Haze does look retarded but I haven't given up on it yet! It's my first attempt growing RH and it was my favorite smoke I tried last summer, so really hoping it gets going otherwise I'll cull it and try again next round! Males happen, I don't mind much at all so long as I notice lol

I picked up a 16" Pedestal fan earlier today(cheaper version than that).....trying to see a couple different styles too....really like this style

Comfort Zone 12" High Velocity Cradle Fan, Black

913r47GGX7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Also want to find a decent 1 or 2 clip-ons or mount ones...sometimes hard to tell from a pic if good or not :laugh:

Ive heard good things about it.. good luck with her! Those fans are good and will last a long time.. i like oscillating fans a lot. They tend to break as well. I dont think they make good clip on fans.. those expensive wall mount fans are supposed to be real nice. Thanks for the warm welcome! :passitleft:

So what does an ‘organic’ line up or nute feed look like?

Guess it’s different for everyone :popcorn:

So here’s what my organic nutes look like!
As seen on page 1...some yummy coco/aloe

The newest addition...$5/box should last months, was really surprised at the aroma of this one, very akin to orange pekoe....had to try and not too horrible :)

From left to right....re-hydrated kelp, Horsetail Fern Tea, Nettle Tea

Found a couple of these at the bottom....possible from being root bound...checked with a scope for bugs was all clear though

Leaves on the bottom of the plant will start to die off once they get older and hidden beneath the new canopy above. Its a natural thing. Your roots wont get root bound in those fabric pots. They will air prune themselves and grow smaller tendrils that dig back into the soil. Nothing to worry your plants look real healthy. Nice nutrient line haha.. hoping mine looks similar someday maybe but for now im giving nectar for the gods a try.:Namaste:

I'm just happy he let the plant drink that coconut water with aloe. That sounds gross. Don't think I could choke it down.

:D

That's along the lines of what I figured.....always hear to look for mites when you see white but came out clean under the scope :Namaste:

I spent A LOT of time reading about NFTG....have a few of their products at home still, read through the nectar bible a couple times, when I see people having Ca problems I recommend HH or DD to them

NFTG seems to be in it's own category(as in it really isn't the same as other 'nute' lines at all), I'd really love to try it out a couple grows side by side....problem is it isn't sold up here and getting liquids shipped costs big $$$....spent a lot of time looking around trying to find how to make it viable, was just coming out too expensive for me....shipping just throws it way outta proportion....if it ever gets carried up here that's 1 thing I'll 100% be looking into

I'm just happy he let the plant drink that coconut water with aloe. That sounds gross. Don't think I could choke it down.

:D

Only thing that bothered me about the coco/aloe water was the pulp.....never been a fan of pulp in anything.....of all those the re-hydrated kelp is the only one I'd have a hard time stomaching.....think I used a bit too much kelp in it....really thick when you shake it up :rofl:

I'm just happy he let the plant drink that coconut water with aloe. That sounds gross. Don't think I could choke it down:D

Yea its interesting to see what will come of that.. let me tell you its a really strange consistency. If you like chewing what you are drinking then its ok lol.

That's along the lines of what I figured.....always hear to look for mites when you see white but came out clean under the scope :Namaste:

I spent A LOT of time reading about NFTG....have a few of their products at home still, read through the nectar bible a couple times, when I see people having Ca problems I recommend HH or DD to them

NFTG seems to be in it's own category(as in it really isn't the same as other 'nute' lines at all), I'd really love to try it out a couple grows side by side....problem is it isn't sold up here and getting liquids shipped costs big $$$....spent a lot of time looking around trying to find how to make it viable, was just coming out too expensive for me....shipping just throws it way outta proportion....if it ever gets carried up here that's 1 thing I'll 100% be looking into

Hmm that is good to know i did not know that about mites.. thanks! NFTG is good stuff... im trying to fully understand it myself.. brightlight has gotten me into it and im happy with it so far. He had told me about ya and that you ran a nice organic garden. I try to sit down and read it but its hard to take in so much new and complex info at once. Hope they get it available to ya soon. Shipping sucks.

Added some nectar to my bigger ladies that are planted in a water only hot soil.. i have gotten run off many times and i did a slurry test. Test came out ok so i added it but i think the soil is high in N and i shouldnt have added extra. Not sure what exactly tip burn is caused by but the extra n didnt help. Will be adding dd and hh next time to correct the issue. Some cal spots showing up on the chemdawg.

Yea its interesting to see what will come of that.. let me tell you its a really strange consistency. If you like chewing what you are drinking then its ok lol.

Hmm that is good to know i did not know that about mites.. thanks! NFTG is good stuff... im trying to fully understand it myself.. brightlight has gotten me into it and im happy with it so far. He had told me about ya and that you ran a nice organic garden. I try to sit down and read it but its hard to take in so much new and complex info at once. Hope they get it available to ya soon. Shipping sucks.

Added some nectar to my bigger ladies that are planted in a water only hot soil.. i have gotten run off many times and i did a slurry test. Test came out ok so i added it but i think the soil is high in N and i shouldnt have added extra. Not sure what exactly tip burn is caused by but the extra n didnt help. Will be adding dd and hh next time to correct the issue. Some cal spots showing up on the chemdawg.

I introduced it in my last grow....ran through an entire quart of HH in only a couple weeks lol

Don't see myself using it this run....I did use Zeus Juice & Athenas Aminas to help with germinating but that's probably about it.....unless I run into a Ca problem

Brights got it going on for sure...love looking through his journal, plants always look top notch....both Bright and Bob helped me a ton getting where I am now...still lots to learn as I go, but def excited to see the difference between my first grow and this one now :Namaste:

Fwiw.....contra to general opinion & practice, I've never used a fan in tent except for main extraction fan plus a small 6" clip fan blowing onto top of light to help cool it. Extraction fan replaces air 3x per minute....has seemed to be enough.

This new website....how to get back receiving email notifications of subscribed journals? Haven't been getting any...thought site was still down. :Namaste:

i Like a fan pointed at the pots....and now both my clip on 6” fans died lol

Struggling pretty hard with RH/Temps right now...trying to sort this out before I flip to 12/12...but lights on I’m hitting high 80’s-low 90’s and 20-25 RH....lights off is perfect though

Decided to put 1 of my 5 gal watering buckets in my tent hooked up to my ACT pump with a 4” puck style air stone in it....hoping it’ll get that RH up a bit....

Temps however....thinking I’ll have to get real creative here....tent is 78” tall and both lights hanging at 70” currently

The lamps exhaust their heat through side vents...I think I’m going to raise my lamps right to the top, I’ll cut into the tent roof and I guess figure a way to seal the roof around the 2 lamps, so the heat from the lamps is dumped directly outside the tent....it’ll look like as if they were pot lamps built into the ceiling of a house, the lenses will be basically the only part inside

Still brainstorming a bit but I’ll figure a way somehow...I hope...:rofl:

Forums are still having work done so not sure if everything is working as intended yet....clicking on your name brings up a bunch of tabs, edit signature, preferences etc...I think you can edit thread emails there

On the forums tab, click that and it should bring up a whole bunch more tabs, threads watched, threads with your posts etc, that should be access to all the threads you’d participated within in the past

Still trying to figure out some of it myself too lol, miss not having my app

Back
Top Bottom