Garden Of Eden

i Like a fan pointed at the pots....and now both my clip on 6” fans died lol

Struggling pretty hard with RH/Temps right now...trying to sort this out before I flip to 12/12...but lights on I’m hitting high 80’s-low 90’s and 20-25 RH....lights off is perfect though

Decided to put 1 of my 5 gal watering buckets in my tent hooked up to my ACT pump with a 4” puck style air stone in it....hoping it’ll get that RH up a bit....

Temps however....thinking I’ll have to get real creative here....tent is 78” tall and both lights hanging at 70” currently

The lamps exhaust their heat through side vents...I think I’m going to raise my lamps right to the top, I’ll cut into the tent roof and I guess figure a way to seal the roof around the 2 lamps, so the heat from the lamps is dumped directly outside the tent....it’ll look like as if they were pot lamps built into the ceiling of a house, the lenses will be basically the only part inside

Still brainstorming a bit but I’ll figure a way somehow...I hope...:rofl:

Forums are still having work done so not sure if everything is working as intended yet....clicking on your name brings up a bunch of tabs, edit signature, preferences etc...I think you can edit thread emails there

On the forums tab, click that and it should bring up a whole bunch more tabs, threads watched, threads with your posts etc, that should be access to all the threads you’d participated within in the past

Still trying to figure out some of it myself too lol, miss not having my app

I'd say too hot & too dry for veg GOP. See what rH does if you temporarily skip fan pointed at pots...should go up some. Maybe turn off one of the lights...only ~300w needed in veg. Should cool it down. Put a humidifier inside tent....that usually gets it up to 40's & even low 50's. Very dry out here with zero rain so general rH in low 20's....w/ 2 small humidifiers running 24/7 been able to hit mid to high 30's inside tent. Would like 40's but can live w/ mid to high 30's. In flower my humidifiers have to be outside as no room inside tent.

Have one humidifier in there for a bit...figure the bubbling water will actually do more than the humidifier in there....the exhaust killing my RH, can hold it easy at 50 with exhaust off, pop it on drops down so fast lol

Wanna get lights as high as I can...hanging lights always ducking and dodging, making it tough on my back maneuvering around inside....thought it’d be easier without a SCROG this time...not so much haha

Think I figured out part of the heat thing....had put the new 16” fan in there, it was drawing hot air from higher up and blowing it down I think...lowered a couple degrees once I shut it off, will know better tomorrow how it turns out lol

I’ll keep tinkering until it gets better lol....so long as I get either or under control I’ll be pretty happy :Namaste:

Here we go! Still very new to living soil....and learning about the idea behind it....that it is living lol

So this is my first look at bugs within my soil....2 types a reddish one and a clear/whitish one...both are visible to the human eye pretty easily, so let’s see if you can see them!

Hopefully you can see them...if not I’ll edit the pics later and circle them

Romulan Haze

In all it’s wonder and amusement, it still continues on lol....interesting to watch it grow to say the least :rofl:

The 2 seedlings beside it are Cindy XX & Blueberry Gum...unfortunately I kicked over the jiffy dome this weekend lol....peat pellets rolled around and got mixed up....so as of now I don’t know which is which :popcorn:

These 2 seedlings are SSSDH...then Headstash and Grape OG

Tried moving my lights a bit higher today so that the vents are pretty much level with the suction of the exhaust...see if that’ll help first...starting to get nicer out too, can turn the heat off during the day now which should be helpful

Congrats on RH sprouting & growing. Those brown splotches are ammonium burn....next round maybe a layer of weaker soil on top. Might want to stop the foliars for awhile too. When the Cindy & BG get bigger, you'll be able to tell which one is which. BG is a pretty plant....flowers fast & early. Bigger plants look real good. Nice going. :goodjob: Looks like you're already at top of tent w/ lights! o_O

Congrats on RH sprouting & growing. Those brown splotches are ammonium burn....next round maybe a layer of weaker soil on top. Might want to stop the foliars for awhile too. When the Cindy & BG get bigger, you'll be able to tell which one is which. BG is a pretty plant....flowers fast & early. Bigger plants look real good. Nice going. :goodjob: Looks like you're already at top of tent w/ lights! o_O

Be hard to think it's a result of the soil, all of them start in promix organic seedling soil which I think has almost nothing in it, don't get introduced to the mixed soil until up pot from 1G > 7G. Perhaps you're dead on about the folair though, I do love to spray the ladies lol......leads me to think it could be the water itself then?

Don't have an RO unit yet, was something I wanted to grab this weekend but been crazy, might have to wait a week or so before I can pick one up. Tap water isn't horrible, but isn't great either, 260ppm 7.5 ph on average. RO is #1 on my list, so will 100% be coming soon and will be able to eliminate that as a possibility :Namaste:

Could go higher a few inches on the light still, what I didn't consider if I do is the dark zone that would be created by the exhaust filter! If raising it this high doesn't end up working the next best thing is to come up with an idea like a drop ceiling....maybe using my floor tray that came with the tent(mylar) as the drop ceiling itself....cutting out squares in it then sealing it right below the heat vents on the lights, this way the heat could only be drawn toward the filter, it does not have the opportunity to flow downwards.

BG may not make the cut :( only because of my interest for everything else lol....we'll see though all gonna depend on how RH & SSSDH sex out, or if my lettuce(RH) even makes it that far :rofl:

True true :Namaste:

I’ll be holding back on the daily folair sprays until I get the RO system

I wonder about the lettuce though, it’s tiny above ground so interested to know what root development has been like....almost 3 weeks in the nursery pot now....wonder if the roots grew normally and it’s just mutated above...will be interesting when I up pot it :rofl:

I’ve decided I want to move both my exhaust & my light units outside my tent, so hanging from right above it....so in comes odor control....the room my tent is in is about 5’ x 9’ x 9’...tent is in the far back corner....I’m hoping that if I have my filter hanging right above my tent...the only in/out flow in the tent will be one open vent at the very bottom, and a little opening at the top which will be cut out to allow the lighting to sit flush with the tent roof, and the filter will hang right above the light units.

The filter will create some suction drawing air upwards inside the tent, and I can angle my fans from below blowing air upwards....would this suffice in odor control you think? As long as the air is flowing upwards towards the filter, I can’t picture how the odor would be able to escape through anywhere else....thoughts?

Here we go!! Aesthetically not the best looking, not done and will continue to tinker....functionally only time will tell!

The idea was to remove the lights from the tent since it has side enhausts for the heat, thus removing the heat from inside the tent as well

Then you can see in the outside of the tent my exhaust fan, I will move it a little and set up my carbon filter over top both of the lights....the hope is it’ll also be able to control the odor as well as the temps....so we’ll see!

:yahoo:

Did a little PPFD testing, not much just wanted an idea....lights are now 6.5’ from the ground....on the ground I didn’t get a PPFD reading below 500, at the top of the plants it’s currently in the 850-950 range(depending on the height of the plant), so I should be more than ok

I want to know what your inside tent temps were before you raised them out of the top?? I have 1200w and I'm gonna have a hard time keeping the temps down.

I was running 1260w, with exhaust only on 1/2 my RH was going way down to 20-25% with a humidifier & a 5 gal bucket of water with my act pump and air stone hooked up....temps were in the 85-95 range depending on variables

In only an hour, temps have been maintaining @82 and RH has risen to 40 inside the tent and outside the room actually feels cooler as well, so it seems the exhaust is focusing on the heat nicely...question that remains will be odor control....may get one of those cheap small exhaust fans that draws like 100cfm or something and put it in the open vent on the bottom

Grower ingenuity in action. :thumb: Does the room stay dark during lights out period?

Take a look inside the tent with lights out and look at the power strip!! Can move the power strip up with the lamps.
I run my exhaust fan and filter outside my flower room and just route the intake duct into the top of the canopy and have all of my large fans at almost ground level and pointing straight into the plants. Smells hit the back of the room and up to the intake and out thru the filter into another room..

I get a lot of air exchange. Once your plants get larger your RH will rise from plant/leaf transpiration as long as you're watering enough. Once they are in flower you will likely be watering daily??

I like your bubbler for RH - great idea.. your heat vent (hot air heating?) is likely your RH culprit. Soon enough you will have the opposite issue! Gardening... ain't it fun??

Not all of your plants are exhibiting leaf necrosis.. so you have something going on but it's not too serious yet... likely water issues - try a kelp meal and EWC tea. Go light say 1/2 cup EWC and 1/4 cup kelp meal to 3-5 gallons water. Can bubble that right there in the tent. Then dilute 50/50 with water.

See if that helps ....

I had similar issues before I went to an RO filter but my water was testing 450ppm out of the hose! Yeah I know scary! People drink that shit. Wow. Likely a lot of lead, more that likely, probable.

Your plants look pretty good overall.. don't get too micro-manangy... they will come around.

Bugs? You have spinosad yet?? There's all sorts of craziness in the soil if you look close enough! It's the way its supposed to be. Nature is a balancing act... once 1 thing is out of balance it throws something else off.. the prey (plant pests) are sitting back lurking for the balance to swing their way and BOOM lets start munching.

Trick is to find the balance... there's a pretty big window so you don't need to get it "perfect".
Good soil, clean water and decent lighting... sounds easy enough and it is, but it takes a little work to find that balance or what's throwing the balance off.

Over all your plants are looking pretty good to me.. I don't sweat a few leaves, specially leaves down low either touching soil or close enough.

Remember the microbes will eat the leaves even ones attached to living plants. They don't eat roots until the roots stop feeding them. Leaves don't have anything to trade and why we cannabis growers cut off those lower leaves.. and then there's mites... fvckers will climb right up on those low hangers.. don't let it happen!

Mites and pics only reason for me to be in the flower room.

Those high temps with low RH = mites.
Not trying to be a dick but:
Those high temps with low RH = mites

It's all good, just get em out of the way. I think a mite infestation is the bar for growers.. overcome or die trying!

Likely the lamps power supply is the source of the heat.
Some power supplies in my experience run hot. Best to get them out of the tent. I think you're on that and you should see better numbers.

Run a small fan up there across the top of the tent towards the lamps ... keep em - cool running!

Jah Rastafari

So right now I’m as happy as a school girl getting invited to her first dance...seriously giddy right now lol

Romulan Haze! So last summer I walked into a dispensary and picked up a few strains, RH was one of them & an instant favorite to me(actually what kick started growing for me) so I began to look where it came from....come to find there’s 2 breeders...Next Gen & Pisces...Next Gen is based out of Netherlands(so I thought) and Pisces our of the US...was able to track down some Next Gen seeds, however since August haven’t been able to find Pisces...had no idea which strain I smoked and both were created differently

Popped my RH in Jan and had major problems getting them to germ....only 1/8 and after a month the 1 still looks like a lettuce lol....was disappointed cause I really wanted to grow this one and see if it was the same strain I had picked up....

Started looking around today and visited the Next Gen site...new site hmmm....start reading a bit and turns out the moves back to Canada late 2016 and got their website up and running again in Sept....only a month after I’d been looking at their old site lol....so Next Gen is back home!!!! Can order straight from them now cheaper and they have some new Rom crosses coming out!!!! And are also releasing Romulan again late in Spring this year!!!! Booo-yaaa Grandma!!!!!

I get a lot of air exchange. Once your plants get larger your RH will rise from plant/leaf transpiration as long as you're watering enough. Once they are in flower you will likely be watering daily??
Most likely yes, I had to last time but I was running 50% aeration so we’ll see this time

I like your bubbler for RH - great idea.. your heat vent (hot air heating?) is likely your RH culprit. Soon enough you will have the opposite issue! Gardening... ain't it fun??

Love gardening...really is fun for me! RH is tough, the room the tent is in has 1 vent which was tapped off, however RH is still low here and it’s still chilly so in the house the heating does run quite a bit, ambient RH is probably 20 in our whole house, so with the exhaust being inside my tent there’s just been no way to get it up

Soon that’ll change and I’ll probably be able to remove the humidifier or bubbler once the heat gets turned off

Bugs? You have spinosad yet?? There's all sorts of craziness in the soil if you look close enough! It's the way its supposed to be. Nature is a balancing act... once 1 thing is out of balance it throws something else off.. the prey (plant pests) are sitting back lurking for the balance to swing their way and BOOM lets start munching.

Spinosad is a no go here...I put out about 20 feeler emails and only got 2 responses...neither would ship to me, liscencing and laws etc. I search weekly hoping an amazon seller will carry it eventually lol

Those high temps with low RH = mites.
Not trying to be a dick but:
Those high temps with low RH = mites

Oh I hear ya! That’s why I’m trying to get it under control now...been tinkering daily but with the exhaust in the tent it was impossible...exhaust + heat are now outside...I should be able to get it near perfect in there soon(I hope lol)

Likely the lamps power supply is the source of the heat.
Some power supplies in my experience run hot. Best to get them out of the tent. I think you're on that and you should see better numbers.

Each unit has 6 computer fans in the top drawing air onto the heat sink inside then exhausted out the sides....with the vents now exhausting the hot air on top of my tent instead of inside of it...saw the numbers drop to 82 instantly, was very happy

Still some tinkering to do everyday, those power bars were hidden before, now with no lights/exhaust inside I’ll be moving everything around creating as much inside space as I can lol

Still need a couple clip on fans....last 2 $20 6” ones I had died, only lasted 1 grow...so trying to find ones a bit better...been looking around a bit, want to get the air flow moving upwards like suggested

Not all of your plants are exhibiting leaf necrosis.. so you have something going on but it's not too serious yet... likely water issues - try a kelp meal and EWC tea. Go light say 1/2 cup EWC and 1/4 cup kelp meal to 3-5 gallons water. Can bubble that right there in the tent. Then dilute 50/50 with water.

See if that helps ....

I had similar issues before I went to an RO filter but my water was testing 450ppm out of the hose! Yeah I know scary! People drink that shit. Wow. Likely a lot of lead, more that likely, probable.

RO system coming in the next 1.5 weeks, so will be able to eliminate that as a cause soon

Will get in that tea, might have to wait till next week...really busy few days ahead of me lol

Which one shows signs of necrosis? Right now Romulan Haze seems to be doing a lot of funny things, not handling life well at all haha...seeds were problematic and the one that did make it is just completely stunted and doing some funky things...will let it continue to grow for now though just to see how it plays out

Thank you :Namaste:

Little tinkering today....getting there slowly but it’s coming together well

Filter is above now...hopefully it’ll be enough else I’ll comsider a better filter/exhaust...maybe a bit bigger like an 8”

16” fan in the corner with the open vent, also pointed across the top of the bubbler and aimed st the plants.....second fan pointed at the lights....neither of these are permanent...16” way too big for the tent....looking for better clip-ons still that are better quality

The ladies are looking good

Since I can’t do up an ACT till next week gave them something to hold over....about 3.5 gal water + 3/4 re-hydrated kelp(kept in fridge) + 1 cup coco/aloe water & a cap of Ful-Power

Hopefully they’ll respond well :Namaste:

Like your Headstash structure way more than the mini-oak tree structure I got. Had to do a lot of thinning but still ended up a big yielder. Intricate & detailed grow room infrastructure....impressive, you must be an engineer? If the exterior exhaust fan isn't going out of room since no windows, where does it go? If not venting out of room = heat staying inside room. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom