Garden Of Eden

That’s some SSSDH for ya sticky....can see seeds sticking out lol, however it was far enough along that the smoke turned out great still :Namaste:
those look good there encrusted with frosty goodness looks like you got a few seeds were those intentional nice buds!:blunt:

Nah the seeds were from that bag seed plant I had in there that Herm’d on me without me noticing. Unfortunate, but lesson learned lol..ISS may even have a couple, she was only in week 1 flower when I tore down the herm, haven’t seen any on her yet but it’s possible there’s a couple buried deep in there from her early flowers.

Congrats on your harvests. That Sugar Mill looks pretty good. Gonna be nuggets.
Sticky af - yum yum.

It's weird - all my friends want those hard nugs. The plants are usually always smaller and lower yields too.

I have no idea what makes people think hard nugs are better than the colas that we cut apart and have more spacing in the flower?

I think the looser buds have more flavor. Thats prolly just me. lol.

How's your living soil going? You adding anything during your flower cycles?

edit: I see you're looking at sul-po-mag. Meh you can try it. I feed that shit to my vermi-bin. Go easy and see if it helps. That's a lot of Mg. I'd try Epsom Salts first and go easy with that too.

Mg toxicity looks very similar to Ca lock out. End up in a tail chase and stressing.

If you think you're getting Ca lockout. Try foiler some micronized Ca. You should see the leaves do something different after a few days.

Likely not too much Ca after a year. Some plants just grow different. We cant turn a sows ear into a race horse. Could just be genetics. I have plants that grow all different ways in the exact same soil. I keep the keepers, the plants I like and move on from the rest.

Which brings me to a question regarding clones & generations....?

How many generations deep can you clone before the plant really starts changing?

Well all depends on your clone technique.

The science says indefinitely - you are copying the dna.

There's no way it can change UNLESS you introduce a pathogen (virus) during the cloning process before the plant grows roots.

Coots has "The One" he's been cloning over 20 years now prolly closer to 30 maybe longer.

After you take cuts - and start soaking the roots in water or however you're trying to get roots. Thats when the pathogens can take hold.

I clean all my equipment - wipe down with iso after cleaning. Rinse the cuts in clean water too. Pathogens are likely already on the stems.

I'm not a pro at cloning by any means. You should be able to research how the professional horticulturalists do it. That's how we get all those pretty annuals at the local nursery. They are clones.

Pro Tip - the money in cloning is in Perennials. Compare the prices.

Of course cannabis is likely going to change all that for a little while anyway.

Get it while the getting is good as they say. eh?

Killing it G! Good job buddy.

Congrats on your harvests. That Sugar Mill looks pretty good. Gonna be nuggets.
Sticky af - yum yum.

It's weird - all my friends want those hard nugs. The plants are usually always smaller and lower yields too.

I have no idea what makes people think hard nugs are better than the colas that we cut apart and have more spacing in the flower?

I think the looser buds have more flavor. Thats prolly just me. lol.

How's your living soil going? You adding anything during your flower cycles?

edit: I see you're looking at sul-po-mag. Meh you can try it. I feed that shit to my vermi-bin. Go easy and see if it helps. That's a lot of Mg. I'd try Epsom Salts first and go easy with that too.

Mg toxicity looks very similar to Ca lock out. End up in a tail chase and stressing.

If you think you're getting Ca lockout. Try foiler some micronized Ca. You should see the leaves do something different after a few days.

Likely not too much Ca after a year. Some plants just grow different. We cant turn a sows ear into a race horse. Could just be genetics. I have plants that grow all different ways in the exact same soil. I keep the keepers, the plants I like and move on from the rest.

Well all depends on your clone technique.

The science says indefinitely - you are copying the dna.

There's no way it can change UNLESS you introduce a pathogen (virus) during the cloning process before the plant grows roots.

Coots has "The One" he's been cloning over 20 years now prolly closer to 30 maybe longer.

After you take cuts - and start soaking the roots in water or however you're trying to get roots. Thats when the pathogens can take hold.

I clean all my equipment - wipe down with iso after cleaning. Rinse the cuts in clean water too. Pathogens are likely already on the stems.

I'm not a pro at cloning by any means. You should be able to research how the professional horticulturalists do it. That's how we get all those pretty annuals at the local nursery. They are clones.

Pro Tip - the money in cloning is in Perennials. Compare the prices.

Of course cannabis is likely going to change all that for a little while anyway.

Get it while the getting is good as they say. eh?

Killing it G! Good job buddy.

Good to see ya bud! Amazing info on the clones, thank you :Namaste: I don’t really have a developed “method” yet, not something I truly have the space for yet to be that dedicated....I cut em, shave them down a bit, swirl them in RO water with a little kelp flour(figure kelp has tons of growth hormones so can’t hurt) and plop them in Pete pellets inside a dome, wait and hope lol....100% success on some strains, others have proven more difficult lol

The living soil is doing awesome!! As far as adding anything during flower cycle, my cycles don’t differ between flower and veg, yet. For now I follow BJ’s basic watering schedule;
Day 1 Plain water

Day 2 No watering - IPM folair

Day 3 MBP top-dress watered in with Aloe/Fulvic/Silica (agsil or your silica source of choice - I use Grow-sil personally)

Day 4 No watering

Day 5 Plain water

Day 6 No watering

Day 7 Neem(or karanja)/kelp tea

Day 8 No watering - IPM folair

Day 9 Plain watering

Day 10 No watering

Day 11 Coconut water

Rinse & repeat until pots are established. My 5 first 10 gal pots are entering their 4th cycles, 3 of them are doing awesome and in due time I’ll stop feeding neem/kelp teas and top dress instead(maybe just before flower cycle and once during flower).

The other 2 pots have shown the same problems since day 1, 1 more so then the other. The leaves start yellowing early and turning purple on the edges, few other signs as well but it’s always been pointed out that it looks like a K issue. Had been hoping it would have sorted itself out by the 3rd grow, but since it hasn’t, figured I’d try and see what I could do...added 2 TBSP’s as a top dress to one of my 10 gal pots, haven’t touched the other one yet though, so will look at epsom salt too :Namaste:

HAppy 420 day G.

:passitleft:

Some strains are finicky.

I haven't really figured out how to stop that issue with some plants while others grow fine all the way.

I tried Epsom Salts - it helps but gotta go easy with it.

I've been just water and ipm for a while now.

Every spring I think I need to mix up a new batch of soil. Do it then use the new soil outside on the veggies and flowers.

So this spring I'm collecting all my vermi-compost in totes and use that as a top dress and mix a little in at planting with some kelp, ewc and mycos.

Happy 420 to you as well bud :Namaste:

I have a full batch of soil I mixed up almost a couple months ago that’s just been sitting there and I haven’t touched it yet lol, doesn’t look like I’ll really need it either tbh

You might need it one day! lol

I think the soil that has been used is better than the fresh batch. Seems to take a few rounds for it to get going and plants get bigger etc.

I keep thinking I'm going to need to replace or retire the soil I've been using for the last 3 years but everything still chugging along. Ain't broke, I aint fixin. eh?

I’ll need it for sure at some point haha!! Will gradually add more pots into the rotation! Currently I have 6 x 10g, 1 x 7g & 8 x 5g pots filled with an additional 60 gallons of soil mixed up waiting lol

My 4 oldest pots, they’re on their 4th cycle now and hopefully that’s only the beginning....see in 5 years the wonders the soil is still doing! No need to replace it if it ain’t broke :high-five:

Happy Easter everyone :Namaste:

SugarMill

Here’s a couple nugs cured up...coated in frost. Not familiar with the terp profile very much at all with her, truthfully almost smells like a cheese strain...but being Wedding Cake x GG4 I just don’t know lol

Here’s her clone....looking much healthier than the mother herself did...almost time to throw her in flower now

Thank you bud!! And yes can def taste the snow....gets me coughing hardcore lol...pretty intense high, can get the heart speeding no probs lol

Gonna post some pics of Island Punch & Cherry Bomb Gelato soon, just finishing hitting them with a epsom folair...both are looking fantastic and frosty as well.

Island Sweet Skunk
She’s just about done, another week tops I think

Island Punch
She’s going strong with the flowers still but showing signs of some issues...flowers still looking sweet & frosty, have started to include some Epsom in her water.

Cherry Bomb Gelato
Going well, little lightening on the green but she’s been going strong since day 1.

IP & CBG are only around day 27, have a bunch of clones for each going strong now too, will keep 1 of each for myself and give the rest away to some friends.

IP part of its coloring is just an ongoing issue I’m dealing with...but she does look like a sexy bitch :circle-of-love:

The IP looks good to me. Nothing wrong with some fade down the stretch. She's getting colored margins on those fan leaves. Let night time temps drop a little and the flowers will get some color too.

All looks totally fire!

Thats a nice looking garden you have there.

Back
Top Bottom