Gardenfaerie Auto Fem - CFL to Greenhouse

Hope you are feeling better today Garden...:hug::hug::hug:... How bout' a pic without the netting over the girls? Well when you have a minute. I Read your teacher is coming and all but try and take a minute for yourself and breath.....:circle-of-love:

They made it through the night and I did look at them this morning. I will take photos this afternoon. They have already grown a node since being outside yesterday morning! Holy cow. I was in a pretty bad mood yesterday. I just read some of what I wrote here and I was pretty abrupt and sounded angry. I apologize for that if I said anything untoward. Yes, my teacher will be here Sunday night. I have days to go of this nervousness...but thank you for the reminder to breath. You're the bestest sweetestest.

My new young plants. Outside for three days now and already spotted several spider mites and one aphid on one plant. I sprayed them off with a jet of water from the pump up sprayer and will do that about 6 more times today and every day. It takes effort, but I do not want to use any pesticides if I can avoid them. Here goes:

t92.jpg

t64.jpg

t510.jpg

t410.jpg

t311.jpg

The close up shots of the two new shoots coming from where I pinched the tops. I'm not concerned YET about the mites and aphid. YET. Shit happens outside. I am not going to panic over every thing, but I will probably eat my words the minute I start to panic! It's a vicious, vicious cycle.

They look awesome GF! That is awesome you are not using pesticides and I look forward to hearing how spraying them works out!
Early season out here , anything outplanted early before mother natures plants start taking over the landscape them bugs seem to flock on anything green especially when they are so healthy. I hope they abandon ship with no fuss! I always had issues with bugs outside but I never really faught them before sorta always let them fend for themselves but often regretted it too. I will have to try water spray you mentioned and what are your thoughts on the organic pest sprays like SNS? I could use your knowledge and opinion on those products , I have looked in to it myself but there are very few opinions posted from organic growers like yourself. Be safe and I hope you have a fantastic day eh! :thanks:

They look awesome GF! That is awesome you are not using pesticides and I look forward to hearing how spraying them works out!
Early season out here , anything outplanted early before mother natures plants start taking over the landscape them bugs seem to flock on anything green especially when they are so healthy. I hope they abandon ship with no fuss! I always had issues with bugs outside but I never really faught them before sorta always let them fend for themselves but often regretted it too. I will have to try water spray you mentioned and what are your thoughts on the organic pest sprays like SNS? I could use your knowledge and opinion on those products , I have looked in to it myself but there are very few opinions posted from organic growers like yourself. Be safe and I hope you have a fantastic day eh! :thanks:

I went to the website and they are selling you a 10% active ingredient of Rosemary oil. The only other things in that bottle are a surfactant and wetting agent...called water. At that price, uh, that would be a big negatory.

The idea with the strong spray of water on the undersides of the leaves is to detach the pest. When you do this as they feed with their piercing/sucking mouths, you rip them out by the mouth as they get hosed off. If you keep doing this over and over, eventually they will be managed. There is no such thing as pest free. Unless you want to use neurotoxins.

I prefer to use barrier methods and practices. It may require more work, but I have stage 4 cirrhosis. As I said before, there is no stage 5. If I drop in function enough I will need a liver transplant. I am not on the list, but the doctor has told me I go to the top if or when I need. My blood type is A+ so this is his reason. I didn't ask more. I'm not there. Pesticides that cause cancer are out of the question.

Here for the fun! :) your topped girls look great, really looking forward to you fluxing it out under the sun and all as mother nature intended! So best of luck with the beasties. Now you have them top points growing feel free to strip lower branch points. If you want to wait a little while though its all good. Just once your happy you need them stripped, to push all growth into your flux arms! :)
Best wishes to you my friend and may your upcoming visit fill you with warmth and joy ! :)

Hey, McLoadie! Yes, plants can tolerate insects outside. I mean, they are symbiotic with one another so how could they not survive together? It's when the balance gets out of whack you have the problems. I just went out and checked on them. Full sun, doing okay so far. Will check in a half hour again. This is not how I ordinarily do things with all the OCD checking! But this is pot and I am not going to ever live without it again; not in this lifetime. Nor will any of my friends as long as I am growing it.

I do notice the indoor growers get very used to the control they have. I can see that being pretty addictive (for lack of a better term). I'll know this coming winter when I grow indoors. I'll probably clone my plants, let them veg outside in the fall till they have to come in and I'll put those into flower so by March or so I'll have another nice harvest.

Can you believe all of this and I probably smoke about a half a joint a day! hahahahahah. But hey, that's all I need. On the weekends I smoke more for the fun of it. A whole joint a day. :)

I just wish Mark could partake. He's at the job five weeks now. No test yet so maybe they won't? Eh, he wants to wait longer in case they spring it. My husband is a grown man, not a kid and he's a professional so I doubt they'd test him, but ya neva know.

Here for the fun! :) your topped girls look great, really looking forward to you fluxing it out under the sun and all as mother nature intended! So best of luck with the beasties. Now you have them top points growing feel free to strip lower branch points. If you want to wait a little while though its all good. Just once your happy you need them stripped, to push all growth into your flux arms! :)
Best wishes to you my friend and may your upcoming visit fill you with warmth and joy ! :)

Aren't you sweet. You are a lovely, humble man.

G'day gardenfaerie, plants are coming along well :) I had to take a second look at your covered plant holder, I thought they were in a babies pram. All the best :) and I guess I'm subbed. Looking forward to see how they grow :peace:

G'day gardenfaerie, plants are coming along well :) I had to take a second look at your covered plant holder, I thought they were in a babies pram. All the best :) and I guess I'm subbed. Looking forward to see how they grow :peace:

I took them out of the net yesterday and they are going commando now. Full on sun, full on outside. Next week they go into the ground. So exciting! I definitely have to watch them for insects. For some reason, even though I am watering and fertilizing the lower leaves are yellow. Photos later, but I think they just need to break free of restraint and we'll be fine.

Hey, McLoadie! Yes, plants can tolerate insects outside. I mean, they are symbiotic with one another so how could they not survive together? It's when the balance gets out of whack you have the problems. I just went out and checked on them. Full sun, doing okay so far. Will check in a half hour again. This is not how I ordinarily do things with all the OCD checking! But this is pot and I am not going to ever live without it again; not in this lifetime. Nor will any of my friends as long as I am growing it.

I do notice the indoor growers get very used to the control they have. I can see that being pretty addictive (for lack of a better term). I'll know this coming winter when I grow indoors. I'll probably clone my plants, let them veg outside in the fall till they have to come in and I'll put those into flower so by March or so I'll have another nice harvest.

Can you believe all of this and I probably smoke about a half a joint a day! hahahahahah. But hey, that's all I need. On the weekends I smoke more for the fun of it. A whole joint a day. :)

I just wish Mark could partake. He's at the job five weeks now. No test yet so maybe they won't? Eh, he wants to wait longer in case they spring it. My husband is a grown man, not a kid and he's a professional so I doubt they'd test him, but ya neva know.

I hope they leave Mark alone! Tired of employers using those "Test" practices to control people by diminishing their privacy and out of the blue usually.... Should be totally based on professionalism , expertise and productivity totally!

I agree that outdoor plants have the relationship with bugs but we face a major issue these days , one that people like you are starting to show light on the differences between organic and chem grows and how they affect each other. Organic is almost impossible unless done entirely indoors now but if we can convince our nations leaders that chem is not good for anything inthe long run maybe we can go back to organic again? That would rock , using mother nature as our teacher is always best <3

I was asked why I did not argue with you before or get upset with your critism.... Fact is the information you shared inr esponse was totally up my alley and your method of thinking is where I want to aim for!

I noticed that you are very modest with the amount of medicine you use and that endulging compared to most of us is quite small. Well see there is something that people can learn from too! When you can create your own meds and pinpoint your prefferences you do not need as much meds. A lesson most of us need to learn. lol

Thank you for everything you have taught me GF and I look forward to my next lesson too eh! Much love to you and your husband from Wild rose country Canada!

-Bitumen Rose

Back
Top Bottom