Gardening with Dyslexia

Oldgrower54

420 Member
Hello All; Ever see the same question asked over and over by the same person? Has to be frustrating to those having to explain a simple concept,and likely or not, thinking your dealing with an idiot.
I'm new to this site. Primarily because I imagine I've worn out my welcome elsewhere asking the same things repeatedly.
I'm Dyslexic. Oh, not as bad as some, but reading through, and making sense of a tech article is time consuming, frustrating,and embarrassing. I'm not alone here. 12% of this community has it in one form or another. We can complete complex tasks if explained visually, but the written word is like hieroglyphics.
To get through an article I have to write down every word singularly by paragraph, I can read my own writing correctly, and with effort can write without transpiring words, but it's really is a chore.
My girl friend of 5 yrs usually proof reads whatever I write. I knew she had problems but thought it due to her education.... found out last night she's Dyslexic also. We never told one another....
I'd like to see some of these tech articles put into a visual format. I, like most can comprehend and retain info presented in this manner.
I'd also like to apologize before hand, as I know I'll be getting on folks nerves. Happy Trails

Evenin’ Oldgrower. :hug:

My daughter is dyslexia, and as a result I’ve put together a few picture tutorials. If you follow the link in my signature line to SweetSue’s Threads and scroll down you’ll find them listed as such.

We have many members that struggle with our wordiness. Maybe others have picture tutorials of their own.

....was there a question I missed? I dont get it. I think it might have to do more with meandering than dyslexia...no offense...but its kind of hard to follow.

I'm pretty sure I have dyslexia which is why math and programming takes me 3x as long as everyone else. Its actually helped me a bit since I have to read everything a few times and hence get a better understanding of it.

Do yourself a favor and please dont care about online a-holes....

Thanks. Sue I'll check it out. I hear what your saying Fireman, worse when you don't see the same words or word order every time you re-read. Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not bitchin....but It is hard to read/comprehend others grow journals/responses, I think if there was a system where folks could find journals which most mirrored their up coming attempt, i'd sure be a blessing

grow diaries dot whatever?

Back
Top Bottom