Gas Lantern/Lamp/Light Routine: What's in a name?

Tom Bombodil

Alot of talk about GLR lately. Im trying it myself with some seedlings. Honestly, as a long time AA. C Weisbecker reader, the first time i heard it i thought it meant Gaslighting, where you trick the plant by playing mind games with it. Goes back to an old movie: which in turn goes back to an old play. That Vincent Price was in, where he turns down the gas lights to psych out his wfie. I had links to post, but phone wont let me manipulate text well. You can wiki dat shit. Just wondered what the thoughts were. We channel thy spirit, oh great Twelve12....

On a side note, AC Weisbecker's a great writer for us stoners. Read Cosmic Banditos, and In Search for Captain Zero. If u like, read Cant You GetAlong With Anyone to read ad naseum about gaslighting, and bearpersonal witness to the mental decline of the author.

Nothing huh? I didn't state the question very clearly. Let me be more explicit:

Where do you think the name Gas Lamp/Light/Lantern routine come from? Do you think it comes from the phrase "gaslighting"?

Hosebomber u may be on to something there!

KingJaffy, do you have knowledge of outdoor growers using gas lanterns? I wouldn't think that a gas lantern would generate enough light to benefit the plant, but maybe using to manipulate the photoperiod? Or were you joking and I'm too dense to realize it? :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom