GDB: A Sponsored Grow

Untitled presentation (1).jpg

I'm in!
You're (going to be) killin' it over here,GDB!

Hello growers!

So here's what's going on.

@Mars Hydro sent me a TS-3000 to work with and I'm filled with gratitude for that.

@Weed Seeds Express sent me some beans to grow and I'm giddy about that!

I'll be growing these plants in my 4x4 tent. It has two 6-inch inline fans, one intake and the other out. These are older fans that just won't quit. No speed controllers or any other features, they just blow air. I have 2 9-inch circulation fans hanging in the rear corners of the tent and their heights can be adjusted. I have another combination fan/heater on the floor, the heater function of which I've never had to use, but the fans runs all the time for air circulation down low.

A little personal background info:

I'm sixty-something years of age and love weed. I've been growing for nearly 3 years. I'm in good health and agile, but I'm lazy as hell when it comes to anything other than playing golf. So while I really enjoy growing this wonderful plant, I'm always seeking the easiest way to do it while still getting quality bud. The less work the better. I repeat, the less work the better.

And so the stuff I use to grow comes in bags or bottles with directions on how to apply it. I don't do an soil-making, tea brewing, composting, etc. And I don't do worms. :laughtwo:

Okay, I've been using Mega Crop for the past year or so and I really like it. It has produced some nice plants with little work required. However, at times using it requires some attention to signals from the plant and then the appropriate response from the grower. Not really asking a lot, sort of. Unless you miss a signal or enact an inappropriate response you should do well. But, some of the signals you'll get are due to not using the MC at the proper level. And, some strains requite different amounts of MC. But who's to know which like a lot and which like a little? This might not be a major issue when growing photos (lots of time to correct), but it can make growing autos a real crap shoot.

So those are my issues with MC. Using it got easier over time, and I've gotten somewhat confident in it's use. But I realize you can never be sure about the dosage, especially with autos.

That being said, my current grow consists of 6 photo plants. I've got one plant on @GeoFlora Nutrients with all the rest on Mega Crop. The GF plant only needs to be fed nutrients once every 2 weeks. The amount of the feed is determined by the size of your pot (per their instructions), so once they're in their final home the amount doesn't need to be adjusted. You don't have to measure and dissolve the nutes in water (over and over), you just pour it on the soil and then water it.

The GF plant is just as healthy and happy as the MC plants and appears headed for a nice finish.

So I'm thinking this is a big deal for a lazy, old guy!:Rasta:

Okay, with all of that out of the way...

I'll be growing 2 Chiquita Bananas and 2 Godfather OGs from @Weed Seeds Express. I of each will be grown using Mega Crop and one of each will be raised on GeoFlora. Both will be grow in 4 gallon fabric pots and, of course, they'll be looking up to the @Mars Hydro TS3000.

The WSE seeds arrived today and that's what prompted me to start this thread. I'll be dropping them soon. They will veg for a while in my 2x2 tent under a another @Mars Hydro, the TS1000.

When the 4x4 tent is clear (currently occupied by autos), they'll go in there under the TS3000.

So with this grow, I aim to figure out my standard go-to nutrient.

BTW, @Weed Seeds Express has some of the slickest stealth packaging I've ever seen!

Peace.

I'm in!
You're (going to be) killin' it over here,GDB!
Coming from @Carcass, the Oracle, that means a lot!

Welcome my friend. :Rasta:
I came here to support the GDB inovatio n team as they invent/create new gadgets. To watch a grow aswell...bonus.:)
Welcome, Listermeghead!

I can guarantee at least one of those things will happen. The R&D unit is kind of...undependable. :Rasta:

Welcome in @Squiggle.

You want to sit next to Vet? You do know he's a slob, right? :laughtwo:

Superb intro for your sponsored grow. As mentioned, very well written! I can't seem to use emojis, so just know I am ecstatic for you! (Jumping & spitting kernels)
Thanks, @Patient Puffer!

I'll have to request that both you and @vetsmoke keep your face-masks on while you're here. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom