GDB Does Cosmic Lights & Other Photos

You must just smoke all day long... opening up a third space like that. you outta consider working out a perpetual thing with your two big tents. Chopping a plant every other or every third week is definitely a good way to stay busy in the garden

Baby steps for me, Chef. I can't even spell perpituel! :laughtwo:

Hello grow throng.

I'm 4 for 4. I got my four photo seeds to pop tap roots and now I wait and see if they arise from the dirt. Not a very exciting update I know. But I do have something of interest to share.

My Alaskan Purple seed not only popped a tap root but looks as if it starting growing after about 18 hours on the paper towel. Look closely. She's in a hurry! :Rasta:

IMG_1636.JPG

I've got my new tent set up. 25 square feet looks quite different from 16 square feet! My new light arrives on Monday. If all goes as planned it will be up and running by Tuesday.

I'm thinking of letting the Cosmic Lights finish in the new tent while the new photos get started in the 2x2. Why? Because I can! :laughtwo:

LOL! It's the SP-4000, Chef.

I'm going to stick with multiple pots (5 & 7 gallon) and multiple strains. I've already got 4 seeds in paper towels (Strawberry Grape Banana, Alaskan Purple, Jack Herrer and Fatkids Cake).

I'm looking forward to griping about having too much to do! :Rasta:
Correction, Chef. It's an SF-4000 panel.

Hello growers.

I had the Cosmic Lights out for her food today. She's on day 17 post-flip and still getting 4.5g of Mega Crop. Her leaf colors seem to be getting a little deeper green, which is encouraging. I've had to bend a few of the top branches to try and keep things close to level.

Of course I love to photo her.

P1030802.JPG

Later!

Hello growers.

Do you know there's a nationwide mason jar shortage in the U.S?

It's real, as I have seen the law of supply and demand run prices up considerably. About 2 years ago I paid $12 for a dozen 32 ounce Mason Jars. The last batch I was able to find, (11 jars) about 4 months ago, cost me $2.50 per jar. I'm looking for more now and am seeing prices like $50-60 for a dozen!

A few of the major news outlets are attributing the high demand on lots of folks canning foods due to the Covid thing.

I have another theory! :laughtwo:

Hello growers.

Do you know there's a nationwide mason jar shortage in the U.S?

It's real, as I have seen the law of supply and demand run prices up considerably. About 2 years ago I paid $12 for a dozen 32 ounce Mason Jars. The last batch I was able to find, (11 jars) about 4 months ago, cost me $2.50 per jar. I'm looking for more now and am seeing prices like $50-60 for a dozen!

A few of the major news outlets are attributing the high demand on lots of folks canning foods due to the Covid thing.

I have another theory! :laughtwo:
Can't even find them around here in Vancouver for any price!

Hello growers.

The new tent is almost ready. Now to get something in it! :Rasta:

Bright Lights, Big City:

IMG_1661.jpg

On point...nicely done GDB!

You're going to grow some beauties in that tent, though I don't hold out a lot of hope for the prematurely sprouted AP. When mine do that they haven't survived.
And I haven't seen her either, Shed. :lot-o-toke:

Hello growers.

Had the Cosmic Lights out for her feeding today and of course had to take a few pics. She's on day 21 post-flip and is starting to get a little frosty. I've got her up to 4.8g of Mega Crop.

P1030809.JPG

P1030812.JPG

Wishing everyone a fulfilling Friday, and thanks for stopping by! :Rasta:

Looking frosty already, and excellent SaugaView®!
Thanks, Shed, but it's a GDBview -- shot at a different angle from that other view you named. :laughtwo:

Please accept my apologies. I just thought you were too short to get the full SaugaView® but I wanted to give you credit for trying. :sorry:
It's okay Shed. I just think the other view is somewhat overrated. (Note the artistic nuance created by the angle of the GDBview!) :Rasta:

I've got her up to 4.8g of Mega Crop.

I think you are as close to the perfect dose of MC possible. If you look at the leaf tips in your second photo you can see just the very tips show discoloration. That is exactly what I shoot for when I use MC when I grow in ProMix or Hempy. That tells me the plant is near the limit so excellent job on your part.

Hello growers.

I have a question for the photo growers. How long does it usually take for you seeds to emerge from the dirt once they are buried?

I buried 4 seeds on the 7th and nine days later only one baby plant is out. A second is trying to bust through and the third looks like it's just sitting there sleep (I went into the soil to look at it). The fourth (an Alaskan Purple) died after starting to grow on the paper towel.

And which way do you bury your seeds, with the tap root up or down or sideways? How wet do you keep the soil.

As you may be able to tell, I'm getting frustrated with these germination issues! :Rasta:

My photos and autos all tend to come up within 48-72 hours of dropping them (split) into my peat pucks. I keep them at 80º on a heat mat in a shoebox with a cfl directly above for more warmth. I like to have them pretty wet for the first 24 hours and then let the middle dry out and just keep the exterior damp while the tap root and stem grow.

And no matter how many diagrams show seeds twisting and turning, I put mine in the pucks tap root down!

I have had dud seeds though, and if I had one go over 4 days I'd start peeling back the peat to see what the heck was going on.

Back
Top Bottom