GDB Does Fatkid's Cake And Other Photos

Persevere G, persevere! :ciao:That GG looks promising. :yummy: Have a great day my friend.
And whatever you do, wherever you are, stay stoneder. :passitleft:
Thanks, @Fredwalk! You stay stondeder, too. :Rasta:

Where's the Fatkid?

My last Fatkids Cake seed is still in the package it came in. I'm holding off on trying to germinate it while I experiment with different germination methods.

Still, the photo grow must go on! I'm going to "bend" my rule and talk about the seeds I've got going. They are not quite what I would consider "viable" yet, but they seem to be headed that way.

So I've moved all of the autos out of my 4x4 and its now clear for a photo grow. I've got 5 little babies in progress for this run.

From left to right in solo cups, Double Black, Granddaddy Purple, Strawberry Banana Grape and Cheese. In the one gallon pot, a Critical Kush.

P1030911.JPG

Though they don't look like it, the GDP and SBG have been around for a few weeks. The remainder of the seeds surfaced within the last week.

The CK was in a solo cup, as well. But when she surfaced she grew straight up until I had a nearly six inch seedling on a super skinny base stem. So removed her from the solo I buried most of her in the 1 gallon pot.

Now I'm trying to decide how to grow these girls. I've got too many options to consider, so it's hard for me. I've got a bag of concentrated super soil. I've got Geoflora organic nutrients. And of course, I've got the old standby, Mega Crop. (I also want to try this Real Growers Recharge I just got.)

I'm not good when given a lot of choices, which is why my son is a junior. :Rasta:

(BTW, he stopped by the house on the day after Thanksgiving. It's the first time I've seen him in about 2 months. He's in a bad place, having hooked up with a crazy woman and had two babies with her. For some reason, I think he's ashamed to come around because he's made such a mess of his life. Anyway, I was super happy to see him!)

Back to the grow methods.

Part of me wants to keep it simple and grow them all the same way. The other part of me says, "To hell with that, learn something new."

I'm going to approach this scientifically and toss a coin! :laughtwo:

Good luck with all of your offspring GDB!

In terms of the plants, why not run different plants with different nutes so you can get comfortable with them?
Thanks, Shed. Running different nutes is the "learn something new" side of me. He had already won when I bought the Geoflora nutes. I don't know why I'm even having second thoughts now. Must be something in the air. :Rasta:

Long story short, I've killed my Jack Herer and Fatkid Cake sprouts. (Think I baked them under too much light.) And to make matters worse, I lost one of the other Fatkids seeds. (Dropped on the floor and the deep state operatives grabbed it.) So I'm down to only one remaining seed of the "star" of my journal.
Ooof! Sorry about all that GDB. I will get better..
I've still got 2 babies alive, a Grand Daddy Purple and a Strawberry Banana Grape.
rename the journal? :cheesygrinsmiley:
In hell there are no practical lessons to be learned. Here you're making progress!
Hell no there isn’t! You be dead there and done!
Well duh!.. It says right on the package they're for souvenir use only...
If you choose to store them in a solo cup of damp soil, that's up to you....
Exactly! :laugh:
I'm not good when given a lot of choices, which is why my son is a junior. :Rasta:

(BTW, he stopped by the house on the day after Thanksgiving. It's the first time I've seen him in about 2 months. He's in a bad place, having hooked up with a crazy woman and had two babies with her. For some reason, I think he's ashamed to come around because he's made such a mess of his life. Anyway, I was super happy to see him!)
I’m gonna give you a “ridiculous” for the first sentence. :high-five: Hopefully your son sensed how happy you were to see him and will come by more often. :love:
I'm going to approach this scientifically and toss a coin! :laughtwo:
Perfect!

Ooof! Sorry about all that GDB. I will get better..

rename the journal? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hell no there isn’t! You be dead there and done!

Exactly! :laugh:

I’m gonna give you a “ridiculous” for the first sentence. :high-five: Hopefully your son sensed how happy you were to see him and will come by more often. :love:

Perfect!
Thanks for the "ridiculous" @BooWho2. I consider it a badge of honor! :Rasta:

Thanks, @HutchBenedict! Hadn't thought about the similar initials. May have to do a lot of backspacing when typing this journal. :Rasta:
Lol, for me it’s a cross between ODB and GDP, I have to double check my typing constantly!

Sorry to see you had some seedlings fall, but it looks like you’re heading in the right direction again. Since Jack is out of the picture for now, I’ll have to choose Cheese as my new favorite to root for. Although that critical Kush sounds very nice. I love a good Kush!! Glad you got to see your son again! Hopefully he comes around a bit more, we all have some mess in our lives. Ebbs and flows, ups and downs. :love:

Hello grow mob!

I'm getting more excited by the day! My babies look like they're going to hang on.

My Strawberry Banana Grape has a missing or severely stunted fan leaf, and the Grand Daddy Purple looks a little ill, but I think they'll make it.

I'm making this Day 1 for all of them. Yes, they slightly differ in age, but I'm trying to keep the counting simple. :Rasta:

Baby Pics

SBG

Strawberry Banana Grape day 1.JPG

Double Black
Double Black day 1.JPG

GDP
Grand Daddy Purple day 1.JPG

Cheese
Cheese day 1.JPG

Critical Kush
Critical Kush day 1.JPG

Based on what I see now, the GDP concerns me most. I'll pay close attention to that one!

This is how I plan to grow them (all will be given Stout MSA Silica from start to finish):

SBG: Pro Mix and Mega Crop Nutes

GDP: Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil and Mega Crop Nutes

Cheese: Pro Mix and Geoflora Nutes

Dbl Black: Black Gold Organic Soil and Mega Crop Nutes

Critical Kush: Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil and Geoflora Nutes

The Geoflora grows will be supplemented by Real Growers Recharge.

In an effort to get these plants to the end without looking like "we barely made it", I will not use any of the GreenLeaf supplements (Sweet Candy or Bud Explosion). They have tended to make things really ugly toward the end. However, I will likely add some Terpinator during the last 4-5 weeks.

This should be fun!

Lol, for me it’s a cross between ODB and GDP, I have to double check my typing constantly!

Sorry to see you had some seedlings fall, but it looks like you’re heading in the right direction again. Since Jack is out of the picture for now, I’ll have to choose Cheese as my new favorite to root for. Although that critical Kush sounds very nice. I love a good Kush!! Glad you got to see your son again! Hopefully he comes around a bit more, we all have some mess in our lives. Ebbs and flows, ups and downs. :love:
ODB!! :rofl: :Rasta::rofl:

Hello grow crew.

Change in plans already. :Rasta:

I will not be using Gold Seal soil. I was at my local hydro shop the other day and the dude almost had me convinced to try it. I was going to go pick it up tomorrow, but decided to read some reviews on it tonight.

Well, it's sold on the Zon so they were reviews aplenty.

I saw entirely too many that said the soil almost always comes loaded with fungus mites. Even some users who like the soil mentioned that they were fungus mites in it.

I don't know a lot about fungus mites, but I do know they are bugs. So, no Gold Seal for me!

I'm surprised they sold another bag after that first gnat review was posted. Good call!
Gnats not mites, right. I think I need to throttle back for a few! :laughtwo:

Your babies look fine! Good thing she’s got other leaves to get her through this phase!

GDB, I’m going to go on harping on this so I apologize in advice. Do yourself, everyone watching you, and your seed collection a favor and burn a hole in the side of one of your solo cups near the bottom. Fill it with perlite and be done with germination hell. (You’ll also want a sheet of sand paper for scarification)

Trust me, it works

Dang, I left @MrSauga off of my shout-out list. Sorry about that MrS!
OK, remember that room filled with smoke? I just got out now and realized that Nov. 19th was a long time ago when you notified me of this wonderful journey you are on. I'm sorry I missed it but I'm catching up now!

OK, all caught up. My biggest concern is you're still having a problem getting it up. Hopefully you get that fixed soon as your seed count is low.
SBG: Pro Mix and Mega Crop Nutes

The cotys on the SBG have yellowed. That's a sign she's looking for some food. If you haven't started her on the MC yet then gid 'er done. Unless you think it's related to the missing leaf. Then don't gid 'er done.

Your boy sounds like a good kid who took a wrong turn. It happens, and hopefully he finds his road to success sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom