GDB's Bubblegum Machine

Good morning GDP :ciao: hope you are well my friend.
Mind if I ask a question? :Namaste:
With all the white pistils on that girl I would have given her at least 2 more weeks to finish flowering before I chopped her.
Minimum 2 weeks maby more .
Question, why did you chopped her so early, was she unable to sustain herself?
Thanks.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284
Good afternoon, Bill!

I believe the "white" pistils you think you see are effects of the flash. She had no white pistils on her.

She had slowed her drinking and when I scoped her a few days ago I thought she was just about ready. At least she was where I like 'em to be.

That's why she's in pieces! :)

Congratulations on the harvest!
Starting to get close to the end of this one, huh?
Thanks Mel.

Yes sirrr, getting near the end! I think with the last 2 plants I'll just cut them at the stump and hang them whole. My Lazy-Meter has been vibrating. :)

Good afternoon, Bill!

I believe the "white" pistils you think you see are effects of the flash. She had no white pistils on her.

She had slowed her drinking and when I scoped her a few days ago I thought she was just about ready. At least she was where I like 'em to be.

That's why she's in pieces! :)
I thought maby she was just too heavy to support herself.
But it must just be the way the flash made them look in the pic.
I knew there was an explanation.
Congrats Amigo. :thumb:
Nice work.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

Nice chop GDB. You scooped out a new trunk? Looks like another one might be in your future!

NTH
Thanks NTH.

You are correct, the trunks are nearly full. I've got more Grove bags on the way that will buy me some extra time and space until I can empty some jars. :)

Amazing flop and excellent chop! Nice neat pile too. :nerd-with-glasses:

Congrats on this one with only two to go...whenever you get sick of looking at them of course. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks Shed. The flop was fun to watch!

Hello growers.

I stayed up all morning processing the dried RQ Bgum and Kera Bgum plants. The RQ twin spent 10 days in the mesh rack. Eight days for the normal RQ and only 7 days for the Kera, which had the least dense buds.

RQ twin:
RQ twin dry 7-26-22.jpg

RQ twin buds:
RQ twin dry buds 7-26-22.jpg

RQ twin frost:
RQ twin frost 7-26-22.JPG

Normal RQ (first of 2 tiers that were in the mesh rack):
RQ dry 7-26-22.jpg

Normal RQ buds:
RQ dry buds 7-26-22.jpg

Normal RQ frost:
RQ frost 7-26-22.JPG

Kera buds:
Kera dry buds 7-26-22.jpg

I jarred the Kera. She fit in five 32oz Mason jars. And in an effort to save space I put all the rest into grove bags. The twin in front fit into one 4oz. bag. The normal RQ took six 1oz bags:
RQs bagged 7-26-22.jpg

And that's going to be it for the Bubblegum machine. The Grape Ape Clone and Black Cherry have been tortured to beyond recognition. They'll both be dried whole and relegated to use in making pain balm.

I got the bright idea of taking them off of MC way before they were done and trying to finish them with just some EZ weed and Nitrogen. Didn't work out. No, it failed miserably. Let's just say it was a disaster. No, let's call it a monumental disaster!:straightface:

It's embarrassing to talk about, but one thing is certain. It will never happen again.

I'm not going to blame this on weed, but...

Since I got this nug smasher and loosed my "Darth Vaper" persona, I seem to be generating one stupid idea after another. And it's gotten to the point where Mrs. GDB is warning me about "smoking too much of that smashed stuff." She says that I'm staring at things too much now.

Oh, well. Onward and upward. I can continue letting Darth Vaper do his thing at least through my next grow. Since I'll be using Grow Dots there shouldn't be any opportunity for him to come up with any bone-headed moves for me to make! :)

Congrats on emptying the Bubble Gum machine! Excellent harvests, and all your nickles look like they've been well-spent.
stayed up all morning
And given how late you stay up, that's quite an accomplishment! :welldone:

The Grape Ape Clone and Black Cherry have been tortured to beyond recognition. They'll both be dried whole and relegated to use in making pain balm.
It's always good to have a few plants to dedicate to topicals without having to feel guilty! I did it with my moldy Tin Can Kush.
let's call it a monumental disaster!
If you're going to have a disaster, best to make it monumental! Those are the ones we remember.
it's gotten to the point where Mrs. GDB is warning me about "smoking too much of that smashed stuff." She says that I'm staring at things too much now.
Oof. Sounds like the press is really paying off!
my next grow. Since I'll be using Grow Dots there
Will this be the do-over grow? Drop a link somewhere when you start it!

Congrats on the harvest GDB, if I haven't already said so... I'm losing touch with all the harvesting going on in 420 land. I am looking forward to seeing how the grow dots perform for you. I just discovered your perpetual journal, crazy since it is the only one in your signature lol.

Hello all.

Because of Mrs. GDB, I had a change of heart regarding the Black Cherry Punch that I thought I had ruined.

I turned the lights out permanently on her and the Grape Ape clone on July 26. Then I just let them sit in darkness for a few days.

When I decided to cut them down, the Mrs. was in the basement do some cleaning. As soon as I opened the tent she had a conniption about "that awful smell!" She started nearly gagging and quickly exited the basement, saying my weed smelled like a skunk and limburger cheese. That was the Black Cherry Punch!

I hung them both whole to dry but first pulled all the decimated fan leaves from the BCP. I was surprised by how good she looked once they were removed, and she truly was a stinky/sticky specimen.

So while I followed through with my plan to toss the Grape Ape into the pain balm bag, I decided to cure the BCP and give it a try before doing the same thing to her.

I over-dried her by a bit and am I trying to get her to rehydrate. Not having much luck, as she is currently sitting at 52 RH, but there's still a glimmer of hope.:Rasta:

Hello all.

Over the last 24 hours I've been able to get the RH of the jarred Black Cherry Punch to rise from 52 to 58. That number is okay but if I can get them up to 60 I'll really be happy.

IMG_5277.jpg

I had really over-dried this one. Since I hung it whole, I didn't think it would dry so quickly. But I'd never hung a whole plant before and I was wrong.

The re-hydration hack I used, of course, I learned from someone on this site, but I can't remember who.

I cut some small pieces of aluminum foil and poked a bunch of pinholes in them. Then I cut some small sections of paper towel and moistened them with water. After pressing out the excess water, I wrapped the foil around the paper towel pieces and put them in the jars. After about 12 or so hours, I removed the packets, re-wet the paper towels (got rid of the excess water) and put them back into the foil and back into the jars.

I'll re-wet them one more time today and see if I can get the RH up to 60ish.

Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Peace.

Hello all.

I over-dried her by a bit and am I trying to get her to rehydrate. Not having much luck, as she is currently sitting at 52 RH, but there's still a glimmer of hope.:Rasta:

A wise grower once told me that adding a cannabis leaf to the jar will raise the humidity and that's what I've been doing ever since as it was a lot easier than the hack I shared below. :battingeyelashes:

Hello all.

Over the last 24 hours I've been able to get the RH of the jarred Black Cherry Punch to rise from 52 to 58. That number is okay but if I can get them up to 60 I'll really be happy.

IMG_5277.jpg

I had really over-dried this one. Since I hung it whole, I didn't think it would dry so quickly. But I'd never hung a whole plant before and I was wrong.

The re-hydration hack I used, of course, I learned from someone on this site, but I can't remember who.

I cut some small pieces of aluminum foil and poked a bunch of pinholes in them. Then I cut some small sections of paper towel and moistened them with water. After pressing out the excess water, I wrapped the foil around the paper towel pieces and put them in the jars. After about 12 or so hours, I removed the packets, re-wet the paper towels (got rid of the excess water) and put them back into the foil and back into the jars.

I'll re-wet them one more time today and see if I can get the RH up to 60ish.

Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Peace.

Hello all.

Success with the over-dried Black Cherry Punch!

All jars between 60-62 RH. I'll remove the aluminum packs now and monitor.

I also smoked a little tester piece in a bowl, and wow! It tastes awesome and hit me like a brick!

This weed will not become pain balm. :Rasta:

IMG_5278.jpg

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom