GDB's Express Grow

Hello growers.

Welcome to the end of the Express Grow! And thanks to you for following along on this venture. :thanks:

Today at noon marked the 36th hour for the Pinkman Goo in the Box Of Darkness. So I took her out and "took her out!"

I snapped one last obit pic. She's posed next to my @DabPress smasher, which is fitting since there will be much interaction between them later on! Aside from the sagging she doesn't look too bad. And she took two small feeds of Easy Weed(1-2-18) at the end without showing any adverse effects.
Goo 7-2-22 very end.jpg

Even though she isn't a very big plant she is chunky. Some of the buds I cut off were quite heavy. I only gave her a light trim. I'm going to let the Bowl Trimmer handle the heavy lifting after she has dried.

Here's the array shot:
Goo end array 7-2-22.jpg

And for those of you who have beefed about the missing Washington Post, here is another array shot with one of my vintage mags included for your viewing pleasure! :laughtwo:
Goo array with media 7-2-22.jpg

She produced a nice overflow in my big bowl, and weighed in at 765g wet.
Goo in bowl 7-2-22.jpg

And talk about good timing, right in the middle of taking her down my Wood (Weed) Moisture Meter (WMM) was delivered from the space guy's firm.
WMM.jpg

I'll be drying her in my hanging mesh net. I'm feeling a lot better about that now that I have the WMM. (BTW, I checked her and her current reading is 35%. But that's the max the meter shows. I think she's probably above 35.)

Goodbye Goo.
Goo 7-2-22 skel.jpg

Again, thanks for hanging with me for this grow. I am truly grateful for your attention and especially your feedback!

Peace.

Hello growers.

Welcome to the end of the Express Grow! And thanks to you for following along on this venture. :thanks:

Today at noon marked the 36th hour for the Pinkman Goo in the Box Of Darkness. So I took her out and "took her out!"

I snapped one last obit pic. She's posed next to my @DabPress smasher, which is fitting since there will be much interaction between them later on! Aside from the sagging she doesn't look too bad. And she took two small feeds of Easy Weed(1-2-18) at the end without showing any adverse effects.
Goo 7-2-22 very end.jpg

Even though she isn't a very big plant she is chunky. Some of the buds I cut off were quite heavy. I only gave her a light trim. I'm going to let the Bowl Trimmer handle the heavy lifting after she has dried.

Here's the array shot:
Goo end array 7-2-22.jpg

And for those of you who have beefed about the missing Washington Post, here is another array shot with one of my vintage mags included for your viewing pleasure! :laughtwo:

Goo in bowl 7-2-22.jpg

And talk about good timing, right in the middle of taking her down my Wood (Weed) Moisture Meter (WMM) was delivered from the space guy's firm.
WMM.jpg

I'll be drying her in my hanging mesh net. I'm feeling a lot better about that now that I have the WMM. (BTW, I checked her and her current reading is 35%. But that's the max the meter shows. I think she's probably above 35.)

Goodbye Goo.
Goo 7-2-22 skel.jpg

Again, thanks for hanging with me for this grow. I am truly grateful for your attention and especially your feedback!

Peace.
You are my fekken hero GDB. I really mean that. Oldschool Kool man. Congratulations on another grow.

NTH

Hello growers.

Goo 7-2-22 very end.jpg

Here's the array shot:
Goo end array 7-2-22.jpg

Goo in bowl 7-2-22.jpg

WMM.jpg

Goodbye Goo.
Goo 7-2-22 skel.jpg

Peace.
Congratulations on another wonderful harvest my friend. :yahoo:
Excellent work. :bravo:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Congrats on harvesting that chunky lady, GDB!
shot with one of my vintage mags included for your viewing pleasure!
looks like we haven't learned a thing in 54 years...:straightface:
And she took two small feeds of Easy Weed(1-2-18) at the end without showing any adverse effects.
I've been using it, also very sparingly- don't know if it helps, but at low doses, it doesn't hurt either... :high-five:

Congrats on harvesting that chunky lady, GDB!
Thanks so much Carcass! She was a little chunk. :)
looks like we haven't learned a thing in 54 years...:straightface:
Actually it looks like we've gotten dumber over 54 years. :straightface:
I've been using it, also very sparingly- don't know if it helps, but at low doses, it doesn't hurt either... :high-five:
I think (don't know) that it needs to be used late in flower and, yes, sparingly.

Congrats on a bountiful harvest GDB. Those buds look phenomenal!
Thanks Ms. Carmen. And thanks for following along!
Congratulations on the harvest!
Thank you Mel. It was quite the wait on this one!
You are my fekken hero GDB. I really mean that. Oldschool Kool man. Congratulations on another grow.
Thanks dude.

Hero!? Wow, NTH. I don't even own a cape. :)
Congratulations on another wonderful harvest my friend. :yahoo:

Well done, GDB! Always nice to bring 'em across the finish line! :thumb:
Thank you Azimuth. And thanks for limiting the heckling during this grow! :laughtwo:
:bravo: Awesome mate. Plenty of bud to play around squashing.
Thanks Vet. That's the plan!
WooHoo man! Sweet heavy harvest!
Thanks Mr. Otter!
Awesome harvest growmie.:high-five:
Thanks Happy!
Very Nice !! Thanks for having me along on the grow ! Happy Smashing /Smoking :passitleft:
No, thank you for being here Smoke! :thanks:

Hello growers.

I have questions.

This Wood (Weed) Moisture Meter has me a bit perplexed!

In late June I jarred up a Grape Ape and a Black Domina. I had been burping them and just recently got the hygrometers down to 62ish RH. But when I checked the buds with the WMM they read at 15%. So I emptied the buds out on some newspaper and let them sit out under a ceiling fan for about 5 hours. They both then measured between 10 and 11 percent on the WMM.

I put them back in jars with the hygrometers and after a few hours the meters were reading in the mid 50s and it appears that's where they're going to stay. I thought that an RH in the low 60s was the sweet spot for curing. But is that the case?

These buds feel much better since I let some more of the moisture out and they are not overly dry or crispy. So I'm just a bit confused. Maybe the hygrometers will slowly creep back up to the low 60s but I've seen little change in the hours since the buds have been back in the jars.

@No Pain, @LKABudMan and anyone else, what's your opinion?

Next question:

I use tap water to feed my plants. Per the latest water report issued by the city, my tap waters contains 38ppm of calcium and 8ppm of magnesium. It's the reason I always go under the recommended dosage when supplementing with Calmag.

But as of late, I've begun to use the water from my dehumidifier to water my plants. (Seems a shame to waste it.) And I assume that that water has nothing in it.

So is a slight increase in the dosage of Calmag called for?

Thanks for any input.

Peace.

But as of late, I've begun to use the water from my dehumidifier to water my plants. (Seems a shame to waste it.) And I assume that that water has nothing in it.

So is a slight increase in the dosage of Calmag called for?

Thanks for any input.
Yes. Your dehumidifier water is essentially distilled water, kind of like rain water. The water in the environment evaporates into the air leaving behind the minerals and things too heavy to float in the air. Then, by running cooler water through a coil, that water recondenses out of the air and back into solution on that coil and drips into the collecting pan but now without all the other stuff that didn't make the journey.

Therefore, it does not contain the heavier elements our plants require. They need you to supplement the wet stuff.

Yes. Your dehumidifier water is essentially distilled water, kind of like rain water. The water in the environment evaporates into the air leaving behind the minerals and things too heavy to float in the air. Then, by running cooler water through a coil, that water recondenses out of the air and back into solution on that coil and drips into the collecting pan but now without all the other stuff that didn't make the journey.

Therefore, it does not contain the heavier elements our plants require. They need you to supplement the wet stuff.
Thanks Azimuth. (Way to pick the easy question! :))

Back
Top Bottom