GDB's Multi-Strain Smoke Reports

Smoothie is rather an odd name for something that tastes like jet fuel. Jet fuel smells/tastes more like diesel or kerosene than a fruity milkshake.
I agree, Tortured. The sellers description is as follows:

Smoothie Auto is a delicious, indica-dominant blend of Blueberry and Somango cannabis strains.

The flavour is exceedingly fruity like a creamy, berry sorbet with ripe mangoes mixed in. It has high levels of THC and low CBD giving an effect that is a smooth blend of euphoria and physical relaxation. It makes for a great daytime smoke and is very social in effect.

That's not what I got! No blueberry, no mangos, no fruity taste period.

I ain't complaining. :Rasta:

Cheese
I grew a Cheese plant because I didn't believe that a weed plant could smell like cheese. I was wrong. She did not smell like cheese while she was growing. But once she was taken down, dried and jarred up, the cheese smell arrived. And over time it got stronger. So now I'm a believer. A weed plant can smell of cheese, and that's disgusting. :Rasta:

She was vegged for 63 days and then spent about 72 days in flower before the end. I had no real issues growing her. She mostly kept a low profile and progressed as expected.

Cheese End 04-13-21.JPG

Cheese End II 04-13-21.JPG

She yielded 423g wet.

IMG_2625.jpg

And she was a sticky one.

IMG_2629.JPG

Smoked like a charm. I can't describe the taste, but it definitely doesn't taste like cheese. (I'm thankful for that!)

It had somewhat of an earthy taste as well as odor when being burned. The high is first-rate but not if you're trying to concentrate on anything. In fact, I hit some yesterday before I started doing this review and because of it, I'm back today to finish up making this entry! I lost interest in finishing it yesterday once the high kicked in and thought it would be much more fun to harass the Mrs.

Still I have to lower her rating a bit because no weed should smell this way. 7.1 out of 10 stars.

I doubt I will grow another Cheese strain, but you never know. ;)

Nice harvest GDB! :thumb:

It turns out that not all Cheese strains smell/taste like cheese. The UK Cheese that my brother grew was very sweet and fruity (not sure what fruit though - not berry or citrus - maybe red stone fruit?). The high was also pretty stunning - by that I mean that I felt more stupid than with most strains (I prefer clear but soaring sativas) - but it didn’t pin me to the lounge chair.

If we can find his seeds, I would probably grow that one out.

The Triple Cheese? Not so much! :straightface:

I agree, Tortured. The sellers description is as follows:

Smoothie Auto is a delicious, indica-dominant blend of Blueberry and Somango cannabis strains.

The flavour is exceedingly fruity like a creamy, berry sorbet with ripe mangoes mixed in. It has high levels of THC and low CBD giving an effect that is a smooth blend of euphoria and physical relaxation. It makes for a great daytime smoke and is very social in effect.

That's not what I got! No blueberry, no mangos, no fruity taste period.

I ain't complaining. :Rasta:
I got a smoothie that went all sweet and mango tasting. A tad overboard on the sweet for me. Nice buzz though

Stardawg Auto

I took down this plant at the beginning of June and it has only be jarred for about 15 days. Still, I had to take a taste! :Rasta:

She was an extremely slow starter, never got any size to her and never produced any amber trichs. None of that mattered. This smoke is awesome! I rolled a blunt, hit it 3 times and put it out. Zoom, a wave of happiness! 15 minutes later I lit it again, hit it 3 times and put it out. That was about an hour ago and I'm still on auto-pilot, flying coast to coast.

I can give you a specific flavor, but it is tasty. Sometimes I can't determine exactly what I am tasting but this one tastes spicey (best I can do).

I only got one jar dry of this herb, but I'm going to enjoy every bud of it, especially after it fully cures! :Rasta:

P1030189.JPG

P1030193.JPG
Mind if I ask.So you just went by the cloudy?and how did you know it wasn't going to produce any amber ones?I'm only asking because I think I over did a plant waiting for amber.

Cheese
I grew a Cheese plant because I didn't believe that a weed plant could smell like cheese. I was wrong. She did not smell like cheese while she was growing. But once she was taken down, dried and jarred up, the cheese smell arrived. And over time it got stronger. So now I'm a believer. A weed plant can smell of cheese, and that's disgusting. :Rasta:

She was vegged for 63 days and then spent about 72 days in flower before the end. I had no real issues growing her. She mostly kept a low profile and progressed as expected.

Cheese End 04-13-21.JPG

She yielded 423g wet.

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2629.JPG

Smoked like a charm. I can't describe the taste, but it definitely doesn't taste like cheese. (I'm thankful for that!)

It had somewhat of an earthy taste as well as odor when being burned. The high is first-rate but not if you're trying to concentrate on anything. In fact, I hit some yesterday before I started doing this review and because of it, I'm back today to finish up making this entry! I lost interest in finishing it yesterday once the high kicked in and thought it would be much more fun to harass the Mrs.

Still I have to lower her rating a bit because no weed should smell this way. 7.1 out of 10 stars.

Thanks for taking one for the team! I won't order those seeds now...

Thanks for taking one for the team! I won't order those seeds now...
Cheese

Cheese End 04-13-21.JPG

She yielded 423g wet.

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2629.JPG

So, no cheese. What’s your opinion of skunk? Cuz I ordered seeds again when I was stoned. Now I have Skunk#1, Chocolate Skunk and Bloody Skunk on the way. I haven’t mentioned this to the wife…

This is a delayed smoke report. I wanted to wait until everything had time to cure (or nearly cured.) And then after that happened and I started smoking it, I forgot for a few weeks about doing the report. :Rasta:

This is the smoke and tell from my last grow. All the girls having been in jars curing for at least 30 days, some longer.

The group consisted of all autos, a Zittlez, Chocolate Skunk, Dark Devil and Purple Lemonade.

Zittlez

Really sweet taste. The effect is not that pronounced, but still nice. It affects you, but only to the extent that you know you've smoked "something." I had a major mishap with this one early in the grow, so this review relates to a less than perfectly grown plant. It turned out really stunted but with fat buds. She might be much better if grown without issues. But in this instance, I think she was kind of a middle-of-the-road weed, and, if possible, I don't drive in the middle of the road.

P1020978.JPG

Chocolate Skunk

This one I really like. It doesn't taste like chocolate to me but more like a mild coffee. The head high is really nice and it led to some enjoyable reading time. Plus, this one got big! She was in the fast last. I drive there sometimes!

P1030052.JPG

Purple Lemonade

This one I really, really like! She tastes sweet and refreshing. I don't know about lemonade, but there is a citrus flavor for sure. Smooth as it can be! I absolutely love smoking it because its so smoker-friendly. The high is quite decent. Not a lazy-eye high, but a sure smile inducer. Express lane.

P1020967.JPG

Dark Devil

I was really excited about growing this plant because, hell, it's got its own thread! It did not disappoint me.

However, my DDA has no distinct taste that I can describe. It tasted kinda' woody, and that's about all I can say to describe it. It too is a very smooth smoke, no harshness at all. The high is fun, fun, fun. I remember the first time I smoked a fully cured bud I was on my back porch, barefoot. At one point, I ended up staring at my feet for about 10 minutes trying to decide how much longer to let my toenails grow before clipping them. :Rasta:

Slow lane.

P1020930.JPG

I enjoyed (am enjoying) all of these strains. And, I have more seeds of each, except for the Zittles! (oh well :laughtwo:).

Later!
I have never been a fan of Zskittles. But my Experience was from questionable sources (I have never really known for sure what I have been smoking for 45 years).

Before dispensaries came along, all most users had to go on was their dealer‘s word.
Exactly. I’m not sure when it started having names. Ask my hook up what is this? He says it’s wig. Wig? WTF? What. I. Got. That’s what I smoked for 35 years.

Mind if I ask.So you just went by the cloudy?and how did you know it wasn't going to produce any amber ones?I'm only asking because I think I over did a plant waiting for amber.
MarcoD:

I don't really remember. But for most of my plants I take them down when they stop drinking whether they have amber or not.

So, no cheese. What’s your opinion of skunk? Cuz I ordered seeds again when I was stoned. Now I have Skunk#1, Chocolate Skunk and Bloody Skunk on the way. I haven’t mentioned this to the wife…
I had a Chocolate Skunk and loved it! It's the only one I've tried so far.

I had a Chocolate Skunk and loved it! It's the only one I've tried so far.
I just sprouted a Dark Devil. It’s already twisting and leaning. I gave it a rock to lean on.

Cosmic Lights

I'm going back a bit for this review. I'm surprised I haven't done this review already because its one of my favorite strains to date. I suspect that it hasn't gotten done because I always try to toke a strain right before reviewing it, and every time I toke this one I see the cosmic lights and don't get much done for a while.

I grew vegged this plant for 53 days and flipped her on Oct. 23, 2020. She flowered for about 60 days and was taken down on Dec. 22.

Not a big plant, she only produced 245g wet. She stayed small enough to been grown to maturity in my 2x2 tent. But she was only the second photoperiod I had grown and I thought at the time that she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen!

P1030918.JPG

She got super frosty.

P1030963.JPG

I love this smoke. It has a citrus-like flavor and the high is outstanding. I have been quite stingy with it, meaning only my son and very few others have gotten a taste!

It's a cross between Northern LIghts and a G13 Hashplant that I got from a vendor that used to be a sponsor but now I notice is no longer listed.

I didn't smoke any prior to doing this report, which is probably why it finally got done! :Rasta:

8.5 out of 10 stars.

Critical Kush

This one is exciting and I'll tell you why in a bit.

I started her in early December and flipped her around Feb. 1st. She was taken down in early May after 97 days in flower.

She was a pleasure to grow and was the first plant I grew using @GeoFlora Nutrients. Though it took me a minute to figure out the GeoFlora, she did not punish me much for my mistakes. She yielded 423g wet and was sticky-icky.

Here she is on her last day with some slight purple tones.
Critical Kush II end d97 5-7-21.JPG

And after takedown.
P1040887.JPG

Sticky.
IMG_2755.JPG

Now to the exciting part (for me anyway)!

This plant tastes way better than anything I've ever grown! It hits you deep in the chest and is so flavorful that your lungs want to sing. On the exhale, just more flavor!

I'm not that good at discerning tastes, but this bud has an earthy taste. It's not really sweet but very pleasant tasting. The high is quite decent though I don't remember it being earth-shattering. (To be honest, I haven't smoked it in a while and don't really recall the specific high. Ahhh, but the taste!)

I'm excited because I've heard lots of growers promote the taste of organically grown weed over that grown in synthetic or salt-based nutrients. This is my first taste of organically grown (that I'm aware of) and I might have to agree with pro-organics crowd.

It's still early. I have more organically grown plants in various stages of curing now so I'll be in a better position to judge soon enough.

8.5 out of 10 stars

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom