GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

Hello out there! Hello out there! Hello out there!

Seems to be kind of quiet on the site lately. Hope all is good in your world.

We had a high of 86f yesterday but when I was leaving for my dental appointment at around 7:30 this morning it was only 52 degrees. Goodbye summer. See you next year.

The Thanksgiving Grow is "slowly" plugging along. The only plant that's really acting out is the Fruit Punch auto (front right). Her lowers continue to yellow and I don't know why. What she doesn't know is that by being an auto, she is flirting with an early exit from the grow. IMO, when an auto gets off to a bad start, most of the time things aren't going to get much better. We shall see.

The plants are a Purple Tahoe (left rear). She's coming along okay, not growing rapidly but not growing slowly either.

On the stand are 2 Grandaddy Blacks on the back and a Pineapple Express in front of them.

Right rear is the Purple Dream. She's growing really slowly but I know she had an stunted root structure when I up-potted her. Hopefully she will pick up the pace when/if she gets some better roots established.

T givin 9-23-22.jpg

And that's my update.

As I finish this post, the temp outside is 64f. The projected high today is 67. It's almost like someone just flipped a switch last night!

Peace.

The switch is made! I'm freezing my butt off with a cigar on the deck wearing wool socks up to my knees and a down vest! Your Thanksgiving girls look nice and warm!
Pics!

What she doesn't know is that by being an auto, she is flirting with an early exit from the grow.
In other words, she needs to shape up, or she's outa there like shit through a goose... :D

Hello out there! Hello out there! Hello out there!

Seems to be kind of quiet on the site lately. Hope all is good in your world.

We had a high of 86f yesterday but when I was leaving for my dental appointment at around 7:30 this morning it was only 52 degrees. Goodbye summer. See you next year.

The Thanksgiving Grow is "slowly" plugging along. The only plant that's really acting out is the Fruit Punch auto (front right). Her lowers continue to yellow and I don't know why. What she doesn't know is that by being an auto, she is flirting with an early exit from the grow. IMO, when an auto gets off to a bad start, most of the time things aren't going to get much better. We shall see.

The plants are a Purple Tahoe (left rear). She's coming along okay, not growing rapidly but not growing slowly either.

On the stand are 2 Grandaddy Blacks on the back and a Pineapple Express in front of them.

Right rear is the Purple Dream. She's growing really slowly but I know she had an stunted root structure when I up-potted her. Hopefully she will pick up the pace when/if she gets some better roots established.

T givin 9-23-22.jpg

And that's my update.

As I finish this post, the temp outside is 64f. The projected high today is 67. It's almost like someone just flipped a switch last night!

Peace.
Your switch bottoms at 64f , someone through my switch in the freezer. :rofl:
Frost warning last night.
I better hurry and finish the new grow room.
So you going to stuff that butterball with pot on Thanksgiving?
Or just regular turkey this year?
Girls look good, hope everything is going well GDB.:ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Hello growers.

Yesterday was moving day for the girls.

I took all the up-potted plants and moved them to the 4x4 tent under 18/6 lighting.

I even moved the auto Fruit Punch. I had planned to grow her in the 2x2 by herself, but she is underwhelming me and I decided the hell with it, she get's 18/6 too. When the time comes to flip the photoperiods (1st or 2nd week of October in order to comply with the Grow Dots release schedule) I may put her back in the 2x2. For now, I'm hoping the @Mars Hydro TS3000 in the 4x4 will boost her spirits a bit.
t givin 9-27-22 DD37-52.JPG

The FP auto (Day 14) is in the front. Left rear is the Purple Tahoe (also Day 14). And right rear is the Purple Dream (Day 52). That "52" is not a typo. That little plant has been above ground for 52 days! :confused:

In the 2x2 the remaining 3 babies (Day 14) are plugging along okay, with the exception of the Pineapple Express (right), which is losing her first set of leaves. The Grandaddy Black in the middle seems really robust and I'm looking forward to see what she does. These 3 are under 19/5 lighting.
t givin babies 9-27-22 D14.JPG

Early loss of lower nodes seems to be a recurring thing with the Grow Dots. I'm guessing that when using Dots in the solo cups, the cups might need to be prepped at least a few days in advance with the Dots getting watered (activated) prior to inserting the seed. But that's just a guess.

Anyway, the way this grow has started does not have me dancing in my hallways. I'm convinced though, that surprises are coming! The question is whether they'll be good surprises or the other kind. :straightface:

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.

Hello growers.

Yesterday was moving day for the girls.

I took all the up-potted plants and moved them to the 4x4 tent under 18/6 lighting.

I even moved the auto Fruit Punch. I had planned to grow her in the 2x2 by herself, but she is underwhelming me and I decided the hell with it, she get's 18/6 too. When the time comes to flip the photoperiods (1st or 2nd week of October in order to comply with the Grow Dots release schedule) I may put her back in the 2x2. For now, I'm hoping the @Mars Hydro TS3000 in the 4x4 will boost her spirits a bit.
t givin 9-27-22 DD37-52.JPG

The FP auto (Day 14) is in the front. Left rear is the Purple Tahoe (also Day 14). And right rear is the Purple Dream (Day 52). That "52" is not a typo. That little plant has been above ground for 52 days! :confused:

In the 2x2 the remaining 3 babies (Day 14) are plugging along okay, with the exception of the Pineapple Express (right), which is losing her first set of leaves. The Grandaddy Black in the middle seems really robust and I'm looking forward to see what she does. These 3 are under 19/5 lighting.
t givin babies 9-27-22 D14.JPG

Early loss of lower nodes seems to be a recurring thing with the Grow Dots. I'm guessing that when using Dots in the solo cups, the cups might need to be prepped at least a few days in advance with the Dots getting watered (activated) prior to inserting the seed. But that's just a guess.

Anyway, the way this grow has started does not have me dancing in my hallways. I'm convinced though, that surprises are coming! The question is whether they'll be good surprises or the other kind. :straightface:

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.
It'll be full in no time. :thumb:
Hope you are well my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

I was wondering the opposite, like maybe the dots make the soil too hot for seedlings and are burning the lowers. I feel like a plant that small shouldn't be cannibalizing its lower leaves to the point they drop off even with no nutes at all. Just my first thought anyway.
Anyway, the way this grow has started does not have me dancing in my hallways.
Might make the missus happier though!

I was wondering the opposite, like maybe the dots make the soil too hot for seedlings and are burning the lowers. I feel like a plant that small shouldn't be cannibalizing its lower leaves to the point they drop off even with no nutes at all. Just my first thought anyway.
That makes sense. But it must be strain-dependent because it hasn't happened to the Purple Tahoe and either of the GDPs (yet).

Back
Top Bottom